Sparks Pops Beans Indoors, In Soil, Under Boards: 'Bout Time!

Big Sparks

Been wanting to do this for so very long now...welcome to my more of a journey, than a journal. All are welcome. I've been visiting most all of your journals and journeys for years now and its time i try to give back. Even if only to someone who is more of a noob than me. I grow in soil because its the most forgiving, in my opinion, and if you amend it correctly, you can basically get away with a water only kind of grow...a lazy man's grow...right up my alley. Not that im lazy or anything...more Grumpy than Lazy...but sometimes i just really dont have the time.
So without further ado...

What strain is it?
1) JellyBreathe BX1 bred by InHouse Genetics- 4 seeds germinated
2) Platinum Silk bred by InHouse Genetics- 3 seeds germinated
3)Royale With Cheese- Mac#5 x Royal Goo- 2 seeds germinated
4) Burnt Toast bred by Raw Genetics- only 2 of 5 seeds germinated, and one of the two is still a runt. We'll see...

Is it indica, sativa, or hybrid? Most of these are hybrids but probably leaning more towards indica.

How many plants? Total of 11 seedlings at this point.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

What are you growing in? Growing in organic soil. LOS Coot-style kit buildasoil style. Seedlings started in solo cups in coco-loco with a little bit of Bu's Blend compost, and worm castings added. Then to numer 1 pots for a little veg time, then to finish in #2's or #3's.

Size (wattage) of light? Quantum Board 288's x 2 = 4 boards from TimberGrowLights in a 39"x39" tent from MarsHydro.

Is it aircooled? Got a 4" extraction fan exhausting outside for passive air intake. Also have a small oscillating fan inside tent.

Temps and RH? Seem to be between 67-77 F degrees for now. with RH at about 45-55. It will get hotter,and more humid during summer.

Any pests? Not at the moment. Maybe an occasional fungus gnat...but nothing serious at the moment. *knocks on wood*

How often do you water? About every 3-4days. RO water only. Maybe some worm teas, aloe flakes, liquid seaweed, malted barley and corn sprout teas, ect.
No bottled ferts or nutes! Add everything to soil first, let it cook for 4-6 weeks, then RO water and teas only. If they look like they are lacking something...i'll scratch in some yum-yum mix, or craft blend from builasoil. and water in, or with a tea.

Note- I am not, and will never claim to be the best, or a bad-ass, or the prettiest or whatever! I know i aint perfect...and now, you all will know too! But, alot of the stuff i will show here was learned from this site, from many OG's, and cannabis warriors that were here before me, that had the sense and courtesy to share their knowledge with not only a noob like me, but also with all of you. I've done my share of outdoor growing in my back yard back when shit was still real illegal, but mostly just had to watch out for some fuckin idiot trying to jump my fence and run past my pitbulls fast enough to grab something! lol! Found a few shoes in my yard over the years. *smiles* he was a good old pup. But as far as this whole indoor growing thing goes...well, i got started with this when a buddy from work asked me if i wanted a couple of plants to grow at home? This buddy of mine grows outdoors every year and has a few very large pitbulls watching his greenhouse, and outdoor plants. So as we were drinking beers after work one day and checking out his spring teenagers he pointed and said, "Sparks, you want those plants?" He was pointing at 3 teens that were stared in soil, in 3 gallon containers. That was all it took. Ended up with one bad-ass Fire OG female and tossed the other two males. (stupid) Got bit by the bug and been spending every extra penny i get now to add and improve on my growroom and equipment. You all know how it is! Lol!

Nice genetics! I’m in.

Wassup Pennywise. Yeah man, i been wanting to try some new stuff for a while now. Dont have much space, but I figure if i could accommodate up to 9 females in 2-3 gallon pots in my 39"x39" marshydro tent, under Quantum Boards. Anything less, well...it'll just be more room for a couple of the other girls to spread there wings out a little. Still have so many beans...and so little time! lol! Im sure you know what i mean. In fact, if memory serves correctly I've even heard you say somewhere down the line that " you've got enough seeds to last you a lifetime!" I enjoy variety. So I'll be taking cuttings. They're all numbered, and i've got a dry erase board i keep basic notes on, and an old composition book to hand write any more detailed notes about each individual strain and pheno type. I may grow one or two males out to collect some pollen too. But we'll see on that one...we'll see.
Anywho- thanks for listening to me ramble brother...and thanks for takin the time to show up.You are most welcome.
Peace, Sparks.

Looks great Big and some tasty strains you have on the go! Can’t wait to see them finish out

You and me both Dutchman! Seriously, i've been wanting to re-vamp my cuttings, and all my girls for awhile now. Finally got me some quantum boards for flower, so i figured it was time to start going through some of my old seeds, and some of my new. I popped some Purple TrainWreck by Humboldt Seed Org. a handful of months back. I've got her two original (first two cuttings) in flower now. But honestly, they look like straight sheeyat! Lol! I had neglected them in veg and was going to just cull them all and go with my new seedlings. But my adult daughter had successfully talked me out of "killing the plants" as she says. She is one of the reasons I continue to grow, and why Mrs. Sparks has never completely shut me down. Our daughter has used cannabis "medicinally" for some time now. So the missus is more open to the idea of me growing my own organic meds for my daughter, myself, my son , and many other family members and close friends.
Anyways, now i got these ugly duckling plants in my flower tent that got about 5-6 weeks to finish, give or take. So i just up-potted the seedlings from solo cups to half gallon size pots. Now i know thats now much of an up-pot, but if i go into anything bigger, they'll probably outgrow their space too fast. I started them in Coco-Loco with some added compost/earthworm castings mixed together 50/50. Now in the half gallons with some fresh new Living Organic Soil "Cootstyle" from buildasoil. Soil they should be good to build some more roots into that mix without any needs, ut RO water and ACT Teas for awhile. Maybe 2-3 weeks, just a short delay, then into 2-3 gal. pots to finish! I'll keep y'all posted!

I'm in too :)

Welcome aboard AngryBird! Glad to have you! Things should start to get interesting soon! Thanks for stopping by! I really do appreciate it. I was honestly a little (or alot) afraid to start a journal and no one decide to show up! Guess I got my answer on that one already! Very happy to have you along for the journey!

Back
Top Bottom