Sparky123's First Grow - Hydro - 5 Strains From Clones 2012

sparky123

Grow Space:
I am using a 2'd x 4'w x 6'h tent to flower in, and have an approximately 3'x3' space to veg mothers and clones. I will definitely be devising a shelving plan to maximize space.

Hydro System
I am using a 2'x4' NFT system with a 4" bubble wand in the tank for aeration. I am only using reverse-osmosis filtered water. System holds 12 gallons full.

Medium
I plan to use rockwool throughout the grow.

Lights
As of now, I have 400w HID which I plan to use for flowering, and a 125w/6400k CFL which I have some bag seeds at seedlings under in my veg area. I plan to add a light or two in the veg area.

The grow begins tomorrow!!(01-10-12)

I will be receiving 8 clones tomorrow:
2 - G13
2 - Casey Jones
2 - AK47
2 - Afghan Kush/Black Dominion cross

I can veg these under MH then switch to HPS when I'm ready to flower.

My biggest question are about nutrients. I have the following nutrients currently :
Grotek-Solotek Grow 6-3-7
Grotek-Solotek Bloom 4-9-11
General Hydro Floragro 2-1-6
General Hydro Floramicro 5-0-1
General hydro Florabloom 0-5-4
Liquid Mexican Guano .8-.05-0
Liquid Peruvian Guano 0-2.5-0
General Hydro-Floralicious Plus 2-.8-.02
Atami-Rootbastic 3-14-3
Mad Farmer- N.U.T.S.

Would like to hear personal preferences on the nutrients, Grotek or General Hydro. Also, I'd like to know how I can wisely use the Guano.

The rockwool is soaking in 5.5ph water.

A bit overwhelmed getting 8 clones for my first grow! Pics soon, and pics of clones!

Do let me know if I've forgotten details!

Thanks!!!
:Namaste:

Re: sparky123's first grow, hydro, 5 strains from clones 2012.

Hey Sparky, welcome and I can't wait for pics! Sounds like you have a good plan going. I have used(still useing left overs for mothers) GH and it is some good stuff. I have used guano, also good stuff. However there is a bit of a difference between organic and hydro nutes. Guano is organic, organic nutes like this require a heard of good micro fungi and bacteria to break down the nutes into useable form for the plants. I would think (not for sure) the hydro nutes would kill out a bunch of these guys...

I have used guano, also good stuff. However there is a bit of a difference between organic and hydro nutes. Guano is organic, organic nutes like this require a heard of good micro fungi and bacteria to break down the nutes into useable form for the plants. I would think (not for sure) the hydro nutes would kill out a bunch of these guys...

I'm looking to keep this as simple as possible, being my first grow, so it looks like I need to research the Guano before I try to use it. Thanks for the heads up!

With any luck I'll have pics tonight!

I'm looking to keep this as simple as possible, being my first grow, so it looks like I need to research the Guano before I try to use it. Thanks for the heads up!

With any luck I'll have pics tonight!

Im using GH's 3 part system as well as you. I bought it specificially because if nasa uses it to grow their crops then why wouldnt i trust it.

But ive seen advanced nutrients kick ass all over the place so im going to switch to their 3 part system in a few weeks when i harvest my last plant.

To be honest ive never heard of using bat guana in hydro yet so i cant make any tips but one tip i can give u is go pick up "big bud" by advanced nutrients and "bud candy". Since your just getting your clones your wont need to worry about using those untill bloom but their great additives.

Youll do fine with general hydroponics though bud..good luck and u got some nice clones coming it seems..cant wait to see everything unfold

Also look into BPN, I know that there the new guy... But this stuff is great and way cheaper! Check my grow or any of the others using BPN for results! BPN is also a sponsor for this fourm!

Yea bpn has a huge rep on this site. Id like to try it myself to see how it works. Its almost like bpn has a stealth advertisemtnt type thing going on. Ive called every major or big hydroshop in my city and not 1 single shop owner has even heard of the stuff let alone sell it. Ive seen grows after using it and the plants always look great and strong so i can see it does its job. I just wish id see it more being advertised its a cool lineup.

Youll do fine with gh on your schedule and floraliscious plus is a great additive but for bloom youll want more additives to get your ppms up. You have plenty time though and will be solid till then

To be honest ive never heard of using bat guana in hydro yet so i cant make any tips but one tip i can give u is go pick up "big bud" by advanced nutrients and "bud candy". Since your just getting your clones your wont need to worry about using those untill bloom but their great additives.

I'm starting to see the guano is pretty much useless to me at this point, I've got good nutes and I'd just as soon keep any headaches to a minimum. Thanks for the info!:thanks:

*edit* The guano was a freebie at a farm festival so I'm not out any $$. Going to give it to a soil farming friend.

Yea man i agree, your already on a good track with the other nutes you have id stick to those and watch those clones reach for the sky.GH's whole line is pretty big they have alot of great additives for bloom phase thatll work great for you. Keep up the good work bro cant wait to see your harvest

The clones are in!
Here is what I ended up receiving:

3 - G13
2 - Casey Jones
1 - OG
1 - AK47
1 - Blueberry
1 - Black Domina
1 - AK x Black Domina cross

Pics:
DSCF1381.JPG
DSCF1377.JPG
DSCF1387.JPG

They came in Supergro Plugs and I put them into rockwool dipped in 6.0ph water with Superthrive. Yes I did soak the RW and shake a bit of the water out. They drooped very quickly, which I suspect involves transplant shock, and medium shock having put the Supergro plugs in rockwool. Is this okay to do?
I have the humidity dome on and they're sitting under the lights. I figure 2-3 days, if they don't get much worse, they should perk back up?

If things look bad in the morning, I'll post pics ASAP. Knock on wood.

Yea its more than likely transplant shock its always scary thinking what could happen next once they droop but these plants are tough and bounce back just as fast. My first transplant did the same thing and i got real worried but within 48 hours roughly my plants were back on the road to growing again.

Im going to be growing ak next so ill have my eye on that one personally. Good luck and you got some great strains.

Yea its more than likely transplant shock its always scary thinking what could happen next once they droop but these plants are tough and bounce back just as fast. My first transplant did the same thing and i got real worried but within 48 hours roughly my plants were back on the road to growing again.

Im going to be growing ak next so ill have my eye on that one personally. Good luck and you got some great strains.

I was ready for a bit of shock, so it hasn't freaked me out yet thankfully.

It will be interesting to watch how each strain reacts to the same changes and conditions. I originally thought I would be getting 4-5 different strains, but 7 is crazy good for me I hope. If I had time, I'd read journals on all the strains and try to see how similar or different the growing patterns and characteristics are.

Right now, they are about 3' below HPS under the dome. Is this good?

I imagine it's mostly personal preference, but does anyone group plants together by indica/mostly indica, and sativa/mostly sativa? My guess is that since my space is limited I should try to alternate the bushy and non bushy.

Okay, I've proven I'm a newbie and now need help.

I'm almost certain I have issues with my ph. I squeezed a rockwool cube and the water from it was 8.1ph.
What is the best way to correct the ph, since it looks like I'm running into nute lockout?

Here are pics:

The first is the Blueberry which I'm almost certain is a write-off, it lost it's one large leaf set, but has new growth that seems to slowly progress:
DSCF14351.JPG

A Casey Jones:
DSCF1452.JPG

Black Domina:
DSCF1451.JPG

G13 #3:
DSCF1449.JPG

G13 #2:
DSCF14461.JPG

G13 #1:
DSCF14441.JPG

Another Casey Jones:
DSCF14431.JPG

AK x BD:
DSCF14411.JPG

Ak47
DSCF14392.JPG

OG:
DSCF14371.JPG

I have been keeping them under humidity dome under 24hr light.
I still need an accurate thermometer and hygrommeter, so I don't have accurate temp and rh, but it's approx 75F.

Ph problem with clones... That's gonna be a tad tricky. Best way to fix a ph problem is to flush with ph'd water. They are still young though, so I would also try to gengerly shake some of the left over water out of the cube... You will need some one that uses rw to be sure though...
Most clones will yellow some because they are moving nutes from the leaves to feed on.

Flushed with 5.8ph water and shook off as much excess water as I could. Then watered lightly with 1/4 nute solution at 5.8ph. Back under dome on heat mat to see how they react. Wait and see time.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom