Speaker Stealth Grow - DIY

stealthed-up

Whatup there fellow green lovers, after a few fails on choosing the right space for me to grow, i have decided to come up with a plan of building my own speaker box, fully DIY, i got all my materials on standby to order, except my nutes, organic pro mix, ballast & mh light.

Im not planning on making this a very large message although i will be uploading my picture of a rough drawing that i did, im sure this would give a better impression of what im actually heading to.

I have a few concerns i would like to spread ,first of all the height and width of this box, i was planning 40" Height & 20 " squared, this is decently sized to make my scrog grow but i was thinking maybe it is a lil too big for a speaker? i will be using speaker grilles, although what would you guys say about this ?
When you look into the picture you will see that im using two 90 cfm 12cm fans to extract air out of a type of separated cabinet that im going to use glass to do, my reflector will be above the light & the light mounted to a fitting. Any1 used fan filters yet ? i have included it in the picture, i was planning on using this to block out any light coming in and out. My ballast however i am planning on fitting behind the hid lighting in a small box being vented out with a small 8 cm computer fan, if i see this is adding alot of heat i will probaly have to make another plan, How would my ventilation be overall though ?

Regards

Stealthed-Up

Please Enlarge picture for better viewing.

;):thanks:

Or are you maybe impatient? Did you bother to search the forum for answers to your questions before making this thread? You certainly aren't the first person on here to make a speaker grow. Also, calling people retarded is not only offensive, but also an ineffective way of getting people to answer your oh-so-unique questions. If I were a mod I would lock this thread.

Regards,
Couchlock

Yeah im very impatient due to the reason of posting 2 threads, sending messages on similar threads and absolutely no1 wants to give just a little feedback, i dislike people who just want to go cfl, cfl's are shit & yes other people agree that venting out a 250 watt in a space of mine is fine, I have looked around, i just get biased opinions from every1, just because a cfl works for them doesnt mean now i must chuck my hid & go buy those silly excuses for lights. My apologies for using fowl language but maybe you can understand my frustration.

I understand frustration can some times get the better of us, just gotta be careful not too offend anyone. Your HID could be fine, or it could not, it depends on a lot of factors, but if you have it already, try to make it work. Just be very careful and set up a good heat displacement system so it doesn't get too hot in your attic

Thanx for understanding, once again my sincere apologies for what i said. Im planning to make this work, i have already constructed my box, its set all i have to do is cut circles into it for my airflow only then can i apply my speaker carpet, my speaker parts are coming on tuesday via post, Couchlock what do you think of those air filters ? do you think they would stop alot of airflow ? im also currently thinking of the best ways to vent out my HID, two 12cm 90cfm fans, or maybe ill come up with a better solution. My door as i showed in the picture is wrong though, ill upload some pics! ; )

Back
Top Bottom