Speed Devil Autoflower

ptg701

I'm too lazy to make a "Journal", so here's a "Report".

Seeds: Speed Devil Feminized Autoflower from Sweet Seeds.
Enclosure: 2x4x7 Rubbermaid Cabinet
System: Two 18 gal Rubbermaid tubs with 4 pots in each, 400W HPS, two 68W CFL, 85W air pump, 425 CFM exhaust fan, carbon scrubber.
Nutrients: General Hydroponics
Light cycle: 18/6

Got behind schedule and didn't have time to put the Mylar on the inside of the cabinet.
Between crops I plan to paint the inside white.
If that doesn't work I'll use the Mylar like I have in the past.

Our water is hard, contains a lot of iron, and also has algae so bad that it smells like a old weedy frog pond.
We don't drink it.
PPM is 280.
I don't remember the pH.

Took a while to get the pH dialed in correctly.
In the meantime the plants suffered from a serious deficiency.
Probably Magnesium.
But they got over it (more or less).
I didn't add anything.

The GH nutrient calculations were too hot and burned the plants.
No surprise.

Algae grew in the drip hub and plugged the feed lines.
But, I kept my eye on it and it was not a major problem.

My biggest mistake was topping.
I tried the FIM method.
It made short bushy plants in the past, but what happened this time was one plant stretched and grew bigger than all the rest.
None of them got bushy, but the big one developed several shoots.

I added the two 68W CFLs to get more light to the smaller plants

We smoked a bit already because I accidentally broke off a branch.
As far as Trich development, it won't be at peak for about a week.
But, we are about out of stash, so today we will harvest a few buds.

I don't know how many weeks it's been growing.
I don't remember when I planted it.
Seems like it's a lot faster than what I used to grow.

In the picture, the big plant is in the left pot in the tank on the right. Compare it with the plant in the rear right in that same tank.

In the bud picture, that's mostly all from the one big plant. The other plants have good bud, but not like that one. I don't know what dark spot is - probably my finger.

cabinet1.jpg
bud94.jpg

..........PLEASE........that's what your shit looks like and you live where MMJ is legal you don't want to come out here you will feel well not real smart.......my second or third crop looked better really this is apples to well shitty apples.....come on out and bring some of that schwag with my homies love to make fun of folks and it won't be the first. Better yet come out when I'm in Cali because it's gonna be sweet....I'm just razzin ya they look nice but 45 years worth of experience I'm gonna call bullshit on that or slow learner I've been out of Rubbermaid tubs since my second grow. How much of that BPA is in your buds from the tubs can you taste it? Yeah look that up old man it's what they call nasty shit.

If I were afraid of BPA exposure, I would be more concerned about how my food and drink was packaged and stored than the container my dope grew in.

Plastic is our friend.
Without Rubbermaid containers, millions of pounds of weed would never have been grown - or smoked.

I guess I wouldn't be worried if I used bug bombs in my shit either and GH in hydro can you say Cannabis Blandaralis shit bug spray would just give it a taste. No flavor I used that stuff one time and that was enough. Organic mmmmmmmmmmm.

Normaly I don't post pics I live in Missouri but tonight when I get back I'll send a few pics and you can talk shit about it if you like. It was my second crop Bogbubble still missed in these parts I figured it wasn't fair because I had no pics up. I'll see what else I have to post as far as pics go I'm I'm the middle of moving right now but I'm sure I have a few.

And I said I was just giving you shit I mean really we are all adults and at least your not an idiot you've made a few points but I didn't look for anyone they came to me and basically said I was giving shit advise. So I looked around to see who I was talking to and like I thought it was nothing and was going to leave it but then why we're here to discuss stuff right. Still I left it alone and he had another post at me so ok let's talk shit ( we all talk shit so why not let's play) I'm as good at it as anyone.

The only reason I decided to weigh in at all was to help a fellow out. Instead dude ptg701 starts talking about how if you treat you plants when in veg you going to be smoking it when really that's not so. He grows off mojo and all that cool whatever but offered no solution. Not to mention that I said first and foremost keep your stuff clean and to top it off genius is in Washington state cold and rainy where he hasn't even had to fight spider mites since " the 90's in Sacramento" by his own admission. Shit was neem oil even around in garden shops yet? I on the other hand grow a larger crop live in the Midwest where they reproduce like....fast as hell. They will destroy a crop in a week here I have helped a quite a few folks with big grows and been all over in CA my father grows in CA and is a master gardener. Oh yeah and I grow the dankest shit in these parts and have for a minute. All I'm saying is I know a bit about there life cycle what works and what works shity. I said hey I just used Floramite on my clones and mothers and ptg701 starts running his yap about smoking bug spray. When he probably didn't even know what it was until I mentioned it. As far as BPA you don't have to be scared of something to have it effect you but what do you do plastic is cool shit.

I just wouldn't say anything about someone using a product that is used for horticulture in food production, in clone and veg as a barrier and preventative after a infestation. If I was using bug bombs or giving that as advise of which he gave none. They make some "organic" bombs with just permethrin maybe one of those but never a department store bomb with all the other poisons. That was all I never talked about anyone until this and I don't plan to continue. Really here in MO I have used just about everything on the bastard mites and so far it is the winner by far although I will try the organic stuff on this site if I need to again And I don't think that will happen in 110 degrees.

I guess I wouldn't be worried if I used bug bombs in my shit either

OK now DrP.
Put out that joint, sit up straight, and pay attention.

What I said was, that to cure a spider mite infestation, I cut down and disposed of the plants.
Then I treated the empty space with a bug bomb.

OK now DrP.
Put out that joint, sit up straight, and pay attention.

What I said was, that to cure a spider mite infestation, I cut down and disposed of the plants.
Then I treated the empty space with a bug bomb.

Not a joint kinda guy but I will hit the bong once.

Right and that's pretty much what I said explain to me how you will be smoking bug spray if you treat in veg with a product that has a persistence of 4 weeks. I said strait up from the get go a budded or flowering plant is garbage so you added exactly what to the conversation and really had no current knowledge or any new info maybe you forgot it old-timer. Honestly my point was you can look all over and find something wrong with anything if that's what your about but that a crappy way to live........I like picking on the elderly there funny I might list it as a new hobby.

On a serious note PTG701 your alright by me but you don't know shit about spider mites and I didn't notice your pic was a auto flower crop so on that note they do look good for autoflower stuff. I will say this I learn something new everyday in my garden so if your not maybe look around and try some new shit you just might like it.:popcorn:

Remember old dude it was a product review thread you started your yap on! Maybe your weed is better because your memory leaves a bit to be desired.

There is a huge difference between weed and great weed and I've only had truly great weed 2 times so yes I have work to do.

...you don't know shit about spider mites...

I know what spider mites look like, and I know how to kill them.

But other than that, you are correct, I don't know shit about spider mites.

Same with weed.

I know how to grow it, and I know how to smoke it.

But other than that, I don't know shit about weed.

Well you won't get to the front of the class with that attitude I'm sure even you know something about it:)

Peace

Besides I strive for the best I try to make every crop better than the last. I'm not looking for average there is enough of that I'm about making the magic dank. I'm sure you have had something that was out of this world before if your lucky and that's what I'm talking about every time perfection, fast vigorous growth and bad ass strains. A few close friends here in KC they say Dr. you talk shit about some of the best weed we have ever seen or tasted how can you dog your shit like that and apologize for the Fire! Because it can always be better I know I've seen it and had it and woo shit watch out cause once I'm in the motherland then you will see some nuggets of power. Constant improvement is what it's all about.

...I'm about making the magic dank....I've seen it and had it and woo shit watch out cause once I'm in the motherland then you will see some nuggets of power...

Good for you kiddo.

Follow your dream.

When you get to the Motherland you will finally be able to wear your mask and cape.

If anybody laughs at you, just whip out your Magic Nuggets of Power.

Amateur I'm board with you so unless you can come up with something better maybe smoke more of your schwag and come up with something worthwhile I'm done here.

If you need a spark of creativity come see the Dr and learn you something until then peace. I'm sure you'll start some shit up again one day!

Besides I don't have a mask it fucks up my heat ray vision!

Back
Top Bottom