Spider 432 LED Grow - Green Crack - Blue Dream - Strawberry Sour Diesel

I figured thats why you asked... I am no expert on those Hydro halos or hydro hats, but i've seen pictures and they look like very small holes that, if with a strong enough water pump, they could produce some spray that lands on the leaves.

Is the Pineapple Express topped in that last photo? To the best of my knowledge, Pineapple Express was/is an autoflower, no? unless some Photo-period versions were produced that i am not aware of?

Yes there is a photoperiod Pineapple Express as well as a autoflower Pineapple Express.

! G13 Labs Pineapple Express Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds

! G13 Labs Pineapple Express Autoflowering Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds

Pineapple Express Auto Flowering Feminised Seeds - Cannabis & Marijuana Seeds :: Seedsman

Water temps are currently right at 70 degrees. I've read the ideal temp is around 65. I'm assuming this is correct?

65°-72° Fahrenheit is the ideal water temperature range for Aeroponics/Hydroponics reservoirs.

Here are the latest pics under white light
All65.jpg

Pineapple is still dwarfing the strawberry and blue dream. Roots are nice and white. Keeping a close eye out for any slime.
PE117.jpg

I also appear to have FIM'ed instead of topped. Even though I cut it really close. Not sure how I will proceed with the 4 way LST. I supposed I can just pull the main stem over to one side.
PE216.jpg

The Blue Dream is still getting wet from the sprayers and is still the runt. No roots have dropped to water.
BD49.jpg

And strawberry sour diesel. Looks like it has nitrogen droop on the leaves from when my PPM went up last week. And the new leaves under white light look almost like a calcium deficiency. I've kept the PH at 5.5 to 5.8 levels so not sure why they look like this. The nutrients I'm using also have powdered cal/mag. No roots to water yet either.
SD7.jpg

BD49.jpg

And strawberry sour diesel. Looks like it has nitrogen droop on the leaves from when my PPM went up last week. And the new leaves under white light look almost like a calcium deficiency. I've kept the PH at 5.5 to 5.8 levels so not sure why they look like this. The nutrients I'm using also have powdered cal/mag.
SD7.jpg

Every strain is different. try 5.9 or 6.0. Those might work better for you. The water is too acidic for those ones.

Hydro range varies from 6.5 to 5.5. I've had strains that would only intake nutrients at 6.4..... Its crazy

Spoke too soon on the roots. The grow light is on so the red/purple of the light makes the roots look darker than they are. What concerns me is the dark gunk at the top of roots. Looks like I better get some hydrogaurd ASAP just to be safe. I'm already using Mycorrhizae and Inoculants powder as well as enzyme powder so I would think this should be all I need. I did add a tiny amount of dark powder straight to the buckets rather than premixing... unless that's what this is.

r118.jpg
r216.jpg

Pineapple Express kicking butt as usual.
IMG_20141021_230526.jpg

Blue Dream still barely growing
IMG_20141021_230546.jpg

Strawberry improving but still slow.
IMG_20141021_230609.jpg

Not sure what else to do besides take PPM from 400 down to 300. I've tried bumping the ph to 6.2-6.4 range and also had it down to 5.5 before.

Also using hydrogaurd now and ditched the top drip rings. Roots havent dropped on the 2 runt plants so doing a daily top water and have the basket submerged about an inch under water line in the bucket.

GreenDemon, Everything goes well with your roots NOW??

Spoke too soon on the roots. The grow light is on so the red/purple of the light makes the roots look darker than they are. What concerns me is the dark gunk at the top of roots. Looks like I better get some hydrogaurd ASAP just to be safe. I'm already using Mycorrhizae and Inoculants powder as well as enzyme powder so I would think this should be all I need. I did add a tiny amount of dark powder straight to the buckets rather than premixing... unless that's what this is.

Roots on Pineapple are doing ok since using aquashield and also using Trichoderma powder.

Roots still not popping from the grow cubes on the strawberry and blue dream. Lowered water level in the buckets and am top watering once a day to try and force these roots to search for water. Also using rapid start root solution and nothing. This is getting ridiculous.

Roots grow where water is not where it is not present. I would make sure in the Deep Water Culture buckets for the plants that have not grown roots yet that the water level is just below the netpot to allow some moisture to reach the roots in the netpots.

Long overdue update. My 2 runt plants never did grow anymore so I pulled them.

The pineapple got root rot. I tried to take clones but they all died. I used a powdered nutrient that caused the problem. Specks of nutrients got caught in the roots and eventually turned to brown slime.

Hard lesson learned. I'm using sensi grow the next time around. Will update again once its going.

I too had some problems with using dry nutrients when I first started to grow cannabis. You must make sure your dry nutrients are completely mixed before using your nutrient mixture. If you are looking for a reliable dry nutrient the General Hydroponics Maxi series of nutrients follows very closely to the Lucas formula N-P-K ratio.

I would use General Hydroponics MaxiGro with 10-5-14 N-P-K or similar for vegetative growth and General Hydroponics MaxiBloom with 5-15-14 N-P-K or similar for flowering.

(click the photographs for direct links to the products)

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: MaxiGro

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: MaxiBloom

Thanks for all the tips John! Much appreciated. It's really discouraging to spend all this time and money on my grow and have them all die. But I'm moving on and trying to learn from it. I was using a powdered grow pack that had some organic items in it. Despite the company claiming it was fine to use in hydro it clearly wasn't in my case and caused root rot.

This time around I'm going to try hempy buckets since they are supposed to be less maintenance.

So far I have 2 new seeds sprouted but one of them is smaller and has yellow leaves on its second true set (bottom plant in the pic). Although they are different strains. I've only fed them bottled water and no nutes. The only thing I can think to change is to lower the ph down since I believe most of the bottled water in my area are around 7.

Any other ideas?

new1113.jpg

Sorry to hear about your grow. I feel your pain, when a grow goes bad its a bummer. Just jump back in asap! I'm using AN it works if you stay below recommended dosages. Hydroguard, +mychrz work better it seems if you add a little sugar e.g molasses, AN carboload. My roots were hot like 79-80. My plants are not picture perfect but temps didn't bother it based what its looking to yield and the roots are big. Some of my roots actually rotted and got ate up by the beneficial bacteria during the bud phase but its still budding strong. It seems mixing synthetics with organics dose work.

More BS. My 3 new plants are also screwed now. I have been using bottled water in a hempy bucket setup in all perlite. Watered with around 150 ppm water that contained advanced nutrients b52, cal/mag, and rapidstart. My reward is plants that all look half dead now. Even the plant that had 3 sets of leaves is drooping and discolored (top left). Never knew it was so hard to grow a damn weed. I'm out over $100 in seeds alone.
image16814.jpg

Wow. Since that looks to be pretty much hydro style grow. Why not just use plain water for the first 2 weeks or so? Your not ever going to have problems with zero nuts for 10-14 days. Sounds like your just adding to much to soon. If there still alive, start flooding them with plain water until you feel they are more than flushed. I use rapid start as well I won't lie but I also only use 1/16 strength or less at the start and never the first days. Every single time I add anything else early.... I get death or close to it. GL
P.S. cal/mag at the start is a big NO

Back
Top Bottom