Spider mite damage

cowboyrob

420 Member
Hello all. New grower. Been fighting a spider mite infestation and thought I had it controlled. Then noticed leaves like this today. Is this spider mite damage? Thank you for the help

Attachments

• D56D4BC7-D3A7-44BC-A580-296ECD52C87C.jpeg
    D56D4BC7-D3A7-44BC-A580-296ECD52C87C.jpeg
    827.1 KB · Views: 113
  • B3F9E8C2-2AE8-4C8F-9F24-7B2B884AC8CD.jpeg
    B3F9E8C2-2AE8-4C8F-9F24-7B2B884AC8CD.jpeg
    659.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 376BA88A-2D1E-499F-AAA2-15B25F1BCCCF.jpeg
    376BA88A-2D1E-499F-AAA2-15B25F1BCCCF.jpeg
    748.2 KB · Views: 122
  • F3DC1E26-802E-484C-9FA0-CF496D363316.jpeg
    F3DC1E26-802E-484C-9FA0-CF496D363316.jpeg
    609.5 KB · Views: 114
Do u see any webbing on the plant? A sure indicator of the borg there’s many sprays and treatments to combat the borg on the internet som work better than others. Fair warning

No signs of webbing. I do see many black specs under microscope. I put a Hot Shot No Pest Strip in the tent and the white spots seemed to slow significantly

Looks suspiciously like the marks they leave on my poor girls. Now that I've seen this (not only this leaf pattern but the webs and mites themselves) a few times along with aphids, I've found I really MUST regularly foliar spray them with a preventative neem oil soluition because the "kill it now and a follow up spray a few days later" method wasn't panning out.

I have 4 different strains running, one is definitely more susceptable to the mites, two of them way more yummy to aphids and I just cant seem to rid myself of them for good. I'm getting quite annoyed with myself really for not keeping up on it better. Cheers mate, gl! :yahoo:NO BUGS NO BUGS NO BUGS!

Thanks Pbass. Have you tried the Hot Shot No Pest Strips. Seems a lot of folks swear by them. I have one in my growroom and believe it’s working. But I am doing the Neem foliage spray as well

Looks suspiciously like the marks they leave on my poor girls. Now that I've seen this (not only this leaf pattern but the webs and mites themselves) a few times along with aphids, I've found I really MUST regularly foliar spray them with a preventative neem oil soluition because the "kill it now and a follow up spray a few days later" method wasn't panning out.

I have 4 different strains running, one is definitely more susceptable to the mites, two of them way more yummy to aphids and I just cant seem to rid myself of them for good. I'm getting quite annoyed with myself really for not keeping up on it better. Cheers mate, gl! :yahoo:NO BUGS NO BUGS NO BUGS!
Are mites found in all area of the world? And how does one end up with them. I had a battle with gnats already

Are mites found in all area of the world? And how does one end up with them. I had a battle with gnats already
I recon so! I have no clue except I imagine they travel on other bugs or on their own, attached to me from outside most likely or honestly just never killed all the way and surviving right here in the pot condo. I found that colorful sticky traps work good for gnats but they seem inevitable also. Knock on wood I think I've got those licked for now! Aphids are the grossest and spread way quicker.

I have a flowering plant that has been attacked a few times by spider mites mostly down low, it's still budding out pretty good and I've been able to keep it pretty healthy despite them...I just recently trimmed off a bunch of ugly growth and I'm pretty happy with it...at the moment!

My grow shop guy told me long ago I'd need to be preventative but I didn't listen...now I listen. My wife and now the pot grow guy...SHIT...I'm ALWAYS wrong!

I recon so! I have no clue except I imagine they travel on other bugs or on their own, attached to me from outside most likely or honestly just never killed all the way and surviving right here in the pot condo. I found that colorful sticky traps work good for gnats but they seem inevitable also. Knock on wood I think I've got those licked for now! Aphids are the grossest and spread way quicker.

I have a flowering plant that has been attacked a few times by spider mites mostly down low, it's still budding out pretty good and I've been able to keep it pretty healthy despite them...I just recently trimmed off a bunch of ugly growth and I'm pretty happy with it...at the moment!

My grow shop guy told me long ago I'd need to be preventative but I didn't listen...now I listen. My wife and now the pot grow guy...SHIT...I'm ALWAYS wrong!
when i sit and see people with these problems im like oh shit id burn.my.house down if I had them. I feel.for anyone who.deals with them.

I leave traps up ( yellow stickies ) and use mosquito dunks for just for shits and giggles. Luckily I don't really allow others near my rooms nor go near anyone's rooms. I wouldn't even take a plant in. I honestly would just chop everything down before I started fighting those bastards. Hope it goes well and you get rid of them.

pretty much.
i have a mite factory about 4 inches from my veg room. thank god its on the outside of a wall.... :nervous-guy:

there are hollyhocks growing near wild just outside where i live.
every leaf eater loves those things.

Thanks Pbass. Have you tried the Hot Shot No Pest Strips. Seems a lot of folks swear by them. I have one in my growroom and believe it’s working. But I am doing the Neem foliage spray as well
Those pest strips fumes is what kills them and anything else near by.toxic xxx to breath and cancer causing only use in a sealed room and exaust all fumes before entering. It doesent take long to work
Maybe 24 hours. Never use in flower! Dangerous shit

I read up on the Hot Shot pest strips. Sounds like they really do the trick however if you haven't the tolerance for some questionable exposure then I'd steer clear. I am under the opinion that the danger here might fall under the "prolonged heavy exposure" that is typically not as emphasized in any raise of concerns about what ailment it might cause. A bit of questionable chemical exposure risk over smoking bugs is preferable to me.

With that said I might use this once to really eradicate existing and leave long enough to kill any residual egg/traveling bug population, then resume with a preventative foliar spray. Might be a quick fix for someone that hates bugs but doesn't want to burn their grow down!

And with THAT said, I probably will just stick with the preventative neem. I've learned to tolerate some bug action and I'm learning good practices while trying to prevent them in a more old school fashion which I also prefer. Cheers! :yahoo:

i used the no pest strips.
nukes anything moving or flying. i think it leaves larger spiders alone but not sure.

i cleared a gnat problem with it.
hung it in the grow space when i was away at work, then bagged it up when i was home. worked fantastic.

Where ever there are humans there are mites. People have them on their skin and on their hair roots. Other mammals have mites, birds have mites and other insects can have mites.

Most of the mites that are found on other animals and insects are not the mites that will live on plants. There are mites everywhere.
And with THAT said, I probably will just stick with the preventative neem. I've learned to tolerate some bug action and I'm learning good practices while trying to prevent them in a more old school fashion which I also prefer. Cheers! :yahoo:
Sounds like you are one of those who does not panic and just moves along enjoying the grow.

Back
Top Bottom