Spider mite problem

From what I've experienced the mites may prefer a host plant and mostly ignore the others. By destroying the host you might just encourage them to choose another one. You're early into flower - Hit them with safers soap. Spray the fan leaves and massage it in to ensure you cover the eggs. Can't hurt to add a mulch layer to the top of the soil as well and give it a little spray too. Battled these buggers for most of the summer but eventually got it under control.

..... From now on I will treat every plant like they have mites even when they dont....
That works out best for keeping these insects under control. I spray with a Neem Oil mix on a 7-8 day schedule.

At 2 weeks before harvest I might use Nuke Em or I might remove the plant(s) scheduled for harvest from the other plants that are being sprayed.

Have not had anyone complain about the weed tasting like Neem Oil, not even when the plant happened to have been sprayed the week before cutting.

If you are worried though, you can try the Bud Washing after harvesting. Then let the buds dry and cure as usual.

Hi,
Keep in mind Mite Rid does not allow you to harvest after spraying for up to 7 days. So there are some of what we call "nasties" in it. Meaning a chemical they want you to stay away from for awhile because it's not that good for you or the environment. If you want All Natural & Organic solutions, try our SNS-217. You can use it up to harvest with no regulation issues. In fact all our products are EPA exempt which you are allowed to use up to harvest. I'm not saying anything bad about Mite Rid, that's not my intention. I think it's important to educate on all the labeling and regulation guidelines to keep an eye out for. One is the EPA exempt statement on labels. You will see it on our labels and that is mandatory. The SNS-217 has been around for many years and sprayed on many, many cannabis plants. It also will suffocate and dehydrate the eggs which is very important. Hope this helps a bit.

Back
Top Bottom