spider mite webbing

vonwolfen

I have been fighting spider mites for three weeks now. I belive I finally got a hold of the problem, but I have webbing on several plants(yea, on the buds of a few). Besides spraying with jets of water(which breaks branches/2-3 weeks from harvest) is there another way of getting rid of the webbing? and any left over eggs...?

used neem oil/canola oil/etc to fight them. even used the santa annas(at the expense of a few branches)

maybe try a bug bomb, but they have toxins in them so i would make sure it wont make a residue on your plant

they are outside, and way to big, and heavy to move inside(buds are breaking branches...nylons, and white-out to fix them..lol)...but thanks

Thanks for all the info, but I believe I have the spiders under control. It's the webbing that I cant get rid of (with high pressure water) without hurting the plant(buds). Can of air and paint brush sounds like a very last resort(but do able....lol)

u been fighting for 3 weeks will be hard to win unless u pull in hungry army of ladys they will be back with immunitys watch carefully and make sure to rotate products 3 or 4 to not let
them build up tolerances.. u dont want to fight the super spider mite haha i should be a poet

spray with to much water and bud rot maybe ur next problem blast with pirhanna and trantula to get ur plants defenses up11

Its like a spider web, in fact it is. On indoor plants I've used Q-tips. I don't advise spraying anything that late in flower, u can run into all types of problem. At this phase The plants just have to finish with mites on them. There are a few ways to slow them down. but outdoors I can't think of much. The problem with ladybugs I'm thinkin is that the resin may trap them. Just a thought.

lady bugs eat the mites... but won't clean ther webs... for that you need the as yey undiscovered house keeping bug...

they also will continue to deficate on your plants... still smoking poo

from experiance with lady bugs.... release them at late evening/night so they stick around... if it's durring the day they tend to wander off.

Harvest time seems about the right time to clean them up. Canned air... air compressor, dip and swish in water if you have a drying setup that will take the extra moisture. Though water tends to make the webs stickier IMO.

I read an article where an outdoor grower had set up a large (3'X3') screen over a box. Each brach that he trimmed we would wack against the screen a few time to dislodge anything still clinging to the buds.... said he was collecting hash...

Thanks for the info, and help....What I ended up doing was hitting them with soap, and water(for the ebbing, and it helps with mite control). Then 20minutes later water again. To get rid of the dish soap on the plants...It helped with most of the webbing, but I lost the pretty glistening effect on ALL the plants. The White Widow, and Black Domina no longer have snowy tops...Its harvest time. and in truth the compressed air seems to work well.
As far as the mite fight it seems most of the damage was to the fan leaves, and not the flower itself...Caterpillars did the damage there!!! What they didn't eat they shit on!!
It has taught me a lot about good genetics, and the ability of some plants to fight pest. While others bend over, and flip their skirts over their "heads" for the mites, and caterpillars, and anything else that comes along(makes me wonder if my ex is from the same strain/genetic line)...

Back
Top Bottom