Spider mites 2 weeks from harvest

Here’s a pic of the bud i suspect is rotting. I tried to shine a torch on it. If this wont do, i’ll have to take another pic tomorrow.

E0F32DC9-B953-46B6-9872-8DD716645353.jpeg

It could also be 4 weeks to harvest. This is my first harvest and checking with a loup still shows clear trichomes.

Now for the shittier news, mites will be a constant fight for all your grow spaces now. A constant treatment plan or complete sterilization of space is required to really change that. Those MoFos don’t stop unless you kill them all and they get on clothes, everything. Hate em! :laugh:

Lovely. Awful news. Thinking i’ll for sure steralize the place, but it needs physical changes. Like a better ventilation system and better floors etc.

I’ve had enough for one day. Spend the while day tweaking and cleaning and as im about to leave, i noticed the cobweb and red mites. Going to bed now, Hopefully tomorrow is a better day, and i at least somehow find out there is no bud rot.

So far, this is what i plan to do:
1. Consider buying PYRETHRINs. That a good idea to use for mites?
2. I removed my companian plants, which was mostly basil. Should i add that again or is there perhaps another plant that mites hate?
3. Use bioneem on non-flowering plants always, applied once every 14 days til flowering starts? (Would love to know if @InTheShed agrees?)
4. Focus on getting the heat down
5. And the humidity down
6. And add more and bigger fans. (I have 6 clip fans but they might be too small to move the air)
7. Ask the local hydroponics store of they have any suggestions for getting rid of mites.
8. Look for cannazyme equivelant.
9. Look at buying a small vacuum specifically to suck up mites.
10. Add worm casting as part of my feeding ritual.

Anything else i can do?

This really sucks, especially if i need to deal with this forever. Any feedback from people who managed to get rid of mites permanently, i would love to hear from you! I didnt have mites for 5 months, and now suddenly i do. It feels like i did something wrong to get them in there, and i need to find my way back to the state i was when they didnt come in.

Pyrethrin comes with risks. It kills the bugs but not eggs, it’s easy to over use and fry your plants, and some question weather or not it’s actually safe to use.

Bioneem has not been tested for spider mites and makes no claims as far as if it treats them.

Spider mites are crawling little fuggers. Fans are good, but they won’t rid the mites. Even sprays, mites are known to simple scramble and then come back.

I would highly suggest letting your cycle finish, and then cleanse, or just get used to treating them as part of your regimen. There are site sponsors that sell spider mite treatment sprays. I don’t have experience with these specifically, but 420mag has a great reputation for keeping sponsors in line.

They suck, but it’s not an end of the world situation. When I worked in a full time garden, mites were just something to be dealt with. Treat them and it’s manageable, slack off and you get webs on your nugs and it’s gross.

Thanks for all the help so far. After everything I've read, it seems to boil down to ISO and Water. And then just dealing with it til harvest is done.

This also stuck with me:

Last year I lost almost all my yard grow to Russet Mites. That Oct I started a tent grow and was damned theyd get in. They dident. My arsenal is this...... ISO wash mixed 4-1, (ISO is the 1), with a few drops of bonners alternated bi- weekly with "Nuke Em" (google it). Thats when you have them and maybe done weekly as a maintenance after (IPM). I scope my plants weekly. This method is the shit. Cheaper and works. Best part its nontoxic. You can get it all over and no worries.
I had spider mites once and I think I used Neem Oil and killed them in a week with two applications. Easy. Russets are the plague from hell compared. My current yard gow is bug free and beautiful and Im getting ready for a tent run. I will use this method till it dosent work. Can I stress this most......Its non Toxic!
Thats my 2 cents. Hope it helps
4D

Taken from here: Isopropyl alcohol and water mixture for spider mite control

I'm hoping I can figure out what "Nuke Em" is, so I can also try that.

Yo if you spray em down with anything now this late in flower you're gonna get either mold and bud rot from water or contaminate ya buds and have nasty neem oil tasting bud cuz. You got pics of what the actual problem is? It may not be spider mites could be a slight case of budrot if its stinky. We need pics famalam!
Not really
Every plant I harvest I wash the plant first. Every branch gets submerged in water and shaken around. This does not affect the trichomes, oils or potency whatsoever. I have never once gotten mildew or mold either. A little bit of circulation until it drives out and your golden. I've never had spider mites but I wash all of my plants because even on indoor grows you would be shocked to see the amount of dust and dirt that comes off of our plants.

This morning I could not see a single spider mite. I do still see some black spots under the leaves, that I imagine might be eggs. So once I have the ISO later today, I'm going to spray them again.

My bigger problem seems to be the humidity. Temperatures are flying at 31 degrees celcius, when its only 21 degrees outside. So my room is generating too much heat. Which I believe is due to not enough air leaving. So a mobile aircon is the only solution I think I have left...

Neem doesn't wash off with lemon juice, baking soda, or H2O2. And if you spray it earlier in flower it gets encapsulated into the calyxes.

This morning I could not see a single spider mite. I do still see some black spots under the leaves, that I imagine might be eggs. So once I have the ISO later today, I'm going to spray them again.

My bigger problem seems to be the humidity. Temperatures are flying at 31 degrees celcius, when its only 21 degrees outside. So my room is generating too much heat. Which I believe is due to not enough air leaving. So a mobile aircon is the only solution I think I have left...
I thought you had your airflow handled.

Make sure you dilute the iso 1:10 with water or you'll melt your trichomes.

I was wrong. At least two big colas full of super tiny mights. Almost couldnt see them. But i can confirm they are new. I have been checking with a loupe these last few days so i would have seen them had it been earlier. I was cleaning so they may have actually come out of the cracks while i was doing that. Nevertheless, i will do the iso water option today. First doing water and then dishwashing soap while i get iso.

I removed my filter this morning. Tent is noe sucking in. Wasnt before. I think my filter is bust or im using it wrong. But without the filter, temps are doing and things are looking better.

But then i also spotted this on a seedling i planted a few days ago:

F204CD7A-82A9-444A-BC2B-ECA7884F2089.jpeg

It doesnt look like a mite. Any ideas?

Note: im buying a proper light today that will allow me take better photos. Sorry!

Not really
Every plant I harvest I wash the plant first. Every branch gets submerged in water and shaken around. This does not affect the trichomes, oils or potency whatsoever. I have never once gotten mildew or mold either. A little bit of circulation until it drives out and your golden. I've never had spider mites but I wash all of my plants because even on indoor grows you would be shocked to see the amount of dust and dirt that comes off of our plants.
Oh na i dont mean when you wash after chop i mean while still growing in flower. I see the benefits of bud washing after chop. Not when you're 2-3 weeks from chop and still got bud swell to come

Back
Top Bottom