Spider mites late in flower

Joebob69

As above... I am about 2 weeks from harvest and I just noticed I have spider mites. I have some Monterey ordered, but should I even do anything this close to harvest? What would you guys do? Any help would be great! Thanks!

Hey joe if isn't too bad then you can just squish em with your fingers & spray with water only. Very cold water might be a good idea here. Also use a power spray if you have, this will blast them off the plant at least. Squish em everyday, before bed & in the morning...only kidding, you can squish em anytime you want as long as you keep knocking these bastards down. Also they like dry conditions so make sure the plants are being watered properly. Forgot to say that since your about to flush anyway you could also just shower them if need be.

I had a war with spider mites in my current grow & beat them with rosemary oil 4ml/L. Yes you heard, Rosemary oil kicked they're asses straight back to the hell hole they came from lol!

:Namaste:

Don't leave them. Two weeks and things will be looking like the drug store in stephen king's the mist. Neem will slow them down. You can use that safely up to a few days before harvest. If you have CO2 you can box/bag up your plant and give it about an hour at a real high ppm. The plant will love it and it can buy you a week or two.

Good vibes! :Namaste:

Hey joe if isn't too bad then you can just squish em with your fingers & spray with water only. Very cold water might be a good idea here. Also use a power spray if you have, this will blast them off the plant at least. Squish em everyday, before bed & in the morning...only kidding, you can squish em anytime you want as long as you keep knocking these bastards down. Also they like dry conditions so make sure the plants are being watered properly. Forgot to say that since your about to flush anyway you could also just shower them if need be.

I had a war with spider mites in my current grow & beat them with rosemary oil 4ml/L. Yes you heard, Rosemary oil kicked they're asses straight back to the hell hole they came from lol!

Showering is a good idea! May try it. Thanks!

I just bought some Monterey garden insect spray(says it's organic). I was going to try this, but now I'm finding out it doesn't work om mites!?? I am so close to harvest that I'd hate to spray anything on them.. I may just try showering them..

Ever think of going to the local greenhouse and buying 500 ladybugs? Dirt cheap and they'll go to town immediately.
This is an indoor grow in a small room, I'm not sure I want ladybugs everywhere but I get your point. I like to keep ladybugs in my vegetable garden outdoors.

I ended up mixing up a solution of peppermint oil, lavender, soap..it seemed to do the trick for now.

I think peppermint oil might work...can you let us know?

Peppermint oil seemed to work ok for now. I didn't see any of them moving. I sprayed it pretty heavily...I then followed up about an hour later with plain water to wash it off because of the smell! I will check results tomorrow and follow up again if needed.

Peppermint oil seemed to work ok for now. I didn't see any of them moving. I sprayed it pretty heavily...I then followed up about an hour later with plain water to wash it off because of the smell! I will check results tomorrow and follow up again if needed.

Nice one joe. As I said previously I used rosemary oil 4ml/L & it worked a treat. When doing a bit of research I found out that onion oil & (I think) peppermint oil were effective also. Rosemary smells the nicest though. Keep us updated with the peppermint buddy.

Nice one joe. As I said previously I used rosemary oil 4ml/L & it worked a treat. When doing a bit of research I found out that onion oil & (I think) peppermint oil were effective also. Rosemary smells the nicest though. Keep us updated with the peppermint buddy.

I've actually read that there are quite a few essential oils that will work. Ive also heard Rosemary is very effective. How much Rosemary do you use per gallon or however you mix it up, if you don't mind me asking?...

I've actually read that there are quite a few essential oils that will work. Ive also heard Rosemary is very effective. How much Rosemary do you use per gallon or however you mix it up, if you don't mind me asking?...

Sorry I didn't fully read your post, you already answered my question!

Hey Joe 4ml/L rosemary oil & tiny amount of dish soap. The first couple of sprays I also added hydrogen peroxide to the mix (I think about 20/30ml/L).

Back
Top Bottom