Spider mites & some sort of deficiency?

@bruno12345 also what do you think of Deltamethrin, i already have it and i have to wait a while for the order before i get abamectin.

i went to a gardening store and asked for a insecticide for spider mites on tomatos and he sold me Deltamethrin,

is worrying about health concerns of Deltamethrin even worth it when it comes to weed?

i mean, all of the commercial food we eat is sprayed with these toxic chemicals. i don't see why it would be much worse on weed than say, potatoes, especially because i wash my weed.

what you/y'all think=?

I’m trying hard to get away from sprays and powders, I’m trying to use beneficial insects and getting colonies started in living organic soil but I do like the sound of some of the new bio pesticides that use plant extracted essential oils....
is all of the products you consume food etc BIO? personally, i would say that the damage you can do eating shitty food that has fuck ton of pesticides is like a 10/10 damage to your body where as weed i'd only say 2/10, at the end of the day, what are you gonna be smoking? a gram per day? that's a very low amount of pesticide you're gonna be ingesting, plus if you wash buds with baking soda too....

I’m trying hard to get away from sprays and powders, I’m trying to use beneficial insects and getting colonies started in living organic soil but I do like the sound of some of the new bio pesticides that use plant extracted essential oils....
Nicotine is an excellent natural insecticide - sow a few Nicotiana plants in the garden (they grow anywhere), then soak it in water for two weeks
It kills everything, including larvae and people

@bruno12345 also what do you think of Deltamethrin, i already have it and i have to wait a while for the order before i get abamectin.

i went to a gardening store and asked for a insecticide for spider mites on tomatos and he sold me Deltamethrin,

is worrying about health concerns of Deltamethrin even worth it when it comes to weed?

i mean, all of the commercial food we eat is sprayed with these toxic chemicals. i don't see why it would be much worse on weed than say, potatoes, especially because i wash my weed.

what you/y'all think=?

Deltamethrin is not advisable to control spider mites, as it is a reppelent pyrethroid, so it can have a negative effect on it, causing ressurgences, or may cause the mites to spread through the plant or to other plants in a search for an untouched place.

It would be a good space treatment, but i would not advice to use in plants with spider mites.

Chemical pesticides can give a good help into your problem. If you study it, and use the right molecule, and not use in flower, you will have a pesticide that is BIODEGRADABLE (most people dont realize that you only apply a low PPM in plants, and that these molecules have half lives, especially in a plant leaf, thats under radiation, humidity, bacterial degradation).

Also, bifenthrin is not leaf/roots absorbed, so it simply cant reach your buds, unless you spray directly them.

Also, chemical pesticides are the best alternative for those who dont use benneficial insects, to spray the grow tent and grow room area, and why not the whole house, as it has the longest activity in those areas, and can prevent many infestations, even before they reach your plants.

But like i said, if you dont feel comfortable, try something else.

Deltamethrin is not advisable to control spider mites, as it is a reppelent pyrethroid, so it can have a negative effect on it, causing ressurgences, or may cause the mites to spread through the plant or to other plants in a search for an untouched place.

It would be a good space treatment, but i would not advice to use in plants with spider mites.

Chemical pesticides can give a good help into your problem. If you study it, and use the right molecule, and not use in flower, you will have a pesticide that is BIODEGRADABLE (most people dont realize that you only apply a low PPM in plants, and that these molecules have half lives, especially in a plant leaf, thats under radiation, humidity, bacterial degradation).

Also, bifenthrin is not leaf/roots absorbed, so it simply cant reach your buds, unless you spray directly them.

Also, chemical pesticides are the best alternative for those who dont use benneficial insects, to spray the grow tent and grow room area, and why not the whole house, as it has the longest activity in those areas, and can prevent many infestations, even before they reach your plants.

But like i said, if you dont feel comfortable, try something else.
ok thank you, also what about using mineral oil on flowering plants, anything against that?

how does mineral oil compare to neem oil?

ok thank you, also what about using mineral oil on flowering plants, anything against that?

how does mineral oil compare to neem oil?
Well, i sincerely do not know it, as i never worked with these kind of products.

I believe mineral oil clogs insect "breathing pores", and may be harsh against soft bodied insects exoskeleton.
Read the label on that one you have, and see what it says about fruit trees or anything related. I would not use in late flower also.
You can call for the industry, and try to have some information regarding safety, evaporation, persistency on leaf, etc.

Neem oil, for being an oil, also acts on breathing pores, but also disrupts insects endocrine, and neurologic system, it has multiple mode of actions, as it also works as a insect growth regulator (similar to that pyriproxyfen i recommended you), so has larvicide properties. Also acts as a repellent in some species of insects. Neem also disrupts feeding.

A pretty complete pesticide, which is hard to insects to develop resistance against, because of its multiple modes of action.

The negative points: smell, low residual, water and radiation degrades it quickly.
If you would try it to save your flowering plant, i would reccomend mixing some drops of liquid soap, or liquid dish soap, and using lukewarm water, to help amenizate that oily carachteristic.
i dont know how far you are from harvest, but know it can impact the taste (myself never had this problem, but some people report it.)

OR, try using AZAMAX, its the extracted insecticide compound of neem oil, and it has reports of having a very low odor, and this said, would be a good candidate for you to use in flower.

I had spider mites on a previous indoor grow. I used "Lost Coast Plant Therapy" . I sprayed plants as per directions 1 -2 times a week and was able to keep mites under control though flower. I stopped spraying plants probably 2 weeks prior to harvest, I did a good bud wash when I harvested and was able to salvage the grow.
I am now 3 weeks of 12/12 lighting on my current grow. Current grow I have been using (420 sponsor) @Sierra Natural Science SNS-209 since plants were sprouts, I have no sign of mites or any other bugs for that matter. You mix SNS-209 with water and feed it to the plants, it is systemic, bugs do not like the flavor, if they taste the plant, they don't like it so they move on. Real easy to use just follow directions and keep up on using it. I also keep mosquito dunks in my RO reservoir, I have no gnats either.

Sorry to here about your problems. But neem Oil is the best solution in my experience. I've had to use it on our brassicas out the back and it washes off with warm water and a touch of cider vinegar. It does not soak into the plant like some chemical treatments.
It's totally organic and can not harm you..

Mites aren't the problem here. They are the result. Address the problem and the mites will not return. If this is an indoor grow it is safe to assume the entire home is infected. If it's outdoor it's probably still a safe bet.

I've been down the road of trying to kill them off or manage them. It's a waste of time, energy, money and ends in heartache. Chop once, cry once. Gut the grow, disinfect the home, research and practice good IPM techniques and grow a healthy garden.

Cheers

Mites aren't the problem here. They are the result. Address the problem and the mites will not return. If this is an indoor grow it is safe to assume the entire home is infected. If it's outdoor it's probably still a safe bet.

I've been down the road of trying to kill them off or manage them. It's a waste of time, energy, money and ends in heartache. Chop once, cry once. Gut the grow, disinfect the home, research and practice good IPM techniques and grow a healthy garden.

Cheers
literally no point in chopping outdoors. if you have mites in your area there is no amount of chopping that will help....

how do commercial outdoor growers deal with it??
IPM, Integrated pest management. You must be persistent... Make a plan, switch up your sprays and stick with it. The Borg will DIE...

literally no point in chopping outdoors. if you have mites in your area there is no amount of chopping that will help....
It's not a cannabis garden anymore. It's a mite farm. The plants are sick. Hitting them with preventative and maintenance at this point is too little too late and will compound the health issues. The leaves will continue to be ravaged, the pistils will burn up, growth will slow to a halt, the harvest will fall very short of worthwhile and be potentially dangerous to consume.

The point of chopping is to reset the area and cultivate healthy plants that are resistant to infestation.

all of my plants have spider mites, i have white dots all over my leaves, i can see them even with a naked eye, tiny little black dots walking around the leaves...

i've been spraying my plants every 3-7 day's with bio insecticide, it's made paraffinic oil... not much luck, they don't even care! and i'm using the maximum dose.

i also have a stronger nonbiological insecticide i've used in the past, but i'm not sure if i can use it on flowering plants too?

i have 3 vegging plants infected and one that is less of a month away from harvest. what should i do?

don't suggest me "natural" remedies, these guy's are resistant as hell, i need something powerful to eradicate them

photo_2021-06-07_17-12-20.jpg

photo_2021-06-07_17-12-23.jpg

also, can spider mites spread by re-using soil?

the pics i posted is the plant with less mites out of all of them, but they're spreading, it also has some sort of deficency, calcium and nitrogen perhaps??? see pics

photo_2021-06-07_17-33-24.jpg

photo_2021-06-07_17-33-25.jpg

photo_2021-06-07_17-33-27.jpg

photo_2021-06-07_17-33-28.jpg

photo_2021-06-07_17-33-29.jpg

photo_2021-06-07_17-33-31.jpg

photo_2021-06-07_17-33-33.jpg
Those don’t really look like spider mite damage. They look like this in my experience…
9A93CD0F-30BE-4879-950F-8793934C60EB.jpeg

DEE0780B-3A72-461B-8DE4-4B9514EB4E63.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom