Spider Mites

joetherag42

Into ninth week of Indoor flowering. Saw spider mites and the webs around the buds last week.
Sprayed with Pyritherim one times but few days later eggs must have hatched and saw more.
Sprayed again and do not see any activity this week.
Also sprayed with Amway LOC, Liquid Organic Concentrate and still do not see any new activity.
I am using four 120W LED's and hydroponic Ebb and Flow buckets.
I have ten grand daddy Purple GDP plants and the buds look real good.
Question:
a. How many weeks is the flowering cycle for Indoor flower under LED'S. I vegged them for three months till they were 30' tall and put them into flower.
b. At what point do I try to remove the webs from the dead spider mites? Do I wait till I harvest them and pull the webs off them at that time.
I think the mites affected them greatly as I do not smell much of any odor from them. However I do see the crystals around the buds and small leaves.
c. After the harvest what is the best way to clean up the room and buckets and barrel to get ready for next flower which will be Big ten BudXNorthern lights?
I have an excess of GDP clones and do not know where to donate them to. I am in Southjern Calif in San Diego area.

on the spidermite issue, plant vitality works amazing. i dont know if its available in states but its the only product ive used that wipes them out, and fast! and its safe on plants. the flower cycle is the same regardless of type of light so a 9 week flowering plant is 9 weeks regardless.

get webs off asap

i spray walls and all equip with liquid o2, diluted peroxide. its great for sterilising.

as for the cuttings, im in uk if u want to have a walk to mine! lol

on the spidermite issue, plant vitality works amazing. i dont know if its available in states but its the only product ive used that wipes them out, and fast! and its safe on plants. the flower cycle is the same regardless of type of light so a 9 week flowering plant is 9 weeks regardless.

get webs off asap

i spray walls and all equip with liquid o2, diluted peroxide. its great for sterilising.

as for the cuttings, im in uk if u want to have a walk to mine! lol

Thanks for the info on cleaning up grow area.
I took all my Hydroponic ebb and flow buckets, brain and barrel apart. pressure washed everything and wiped out with water and bleach.I also cleaned the Net Pot baskets.
I then washed down the ceilings, walls and floors with Diluted peroxide as you suggested.
I then filled the system up and put the Peroxide in the barrel and ran it through two days of cycles.
Have not had a problem again for the last two grows.
The photo is my last Big Bud/Northern Lights in 2012.
I've kept it going with a few clones at a time. Ready to make another run with it in the spring.
068.JPG
thanks, Towjoe42

Back
Top Bottom