Spider mites

CanadianKid

I'm new to growing and live in Toronto Canada. I have a spider mite problem and wondering if I should just kill my 6 plants and start over or buy some product to try and kill them. Please help me.

I also read that a 50/50 mix with water and ammonia will kill spider mites but how safe is that? From what I've read it gives the plant and extra boost of nitrogen. Would it come out in the flush?

Find out if Mite Rid is available in your area. Worked for me and a buddy of mine. He had buds covered with webs. I found it works better than neem and smells much better.

I like lady bugs (you can mail order them). Just release a little every day since you will need them to last until any eggs hatch. If you use neem be sure to wear goggles since it sort of burns your eyes when you are upsidedown spraying the bottom of the leaves.

Avid and forbid 4f in veg only, not in flower. They are very effective and you can find them on ebay at reasonable price.

Mightywash kills on contact and can be used in flower and kills the mites and eggs. :volcano-smiley:

Avid and forbid 4f in veg only, not in flower. They are very effective and you can find them on ebay at reasonable price.
Mightywash kills on contact and can be used in flower and kills the mites and eggs. :volcano-smiley:

Avid, is for ornamentals, & is very nasty stuff. Pretty much Agent Orange-grade biowarfare. Pretty sure Forbid is the same. If you use it, know this: It works, but if it's not done to exacting spec it'll cost you your plants.
Floramite SC is also for ornamentals but it's much kinder and gentler both chemically and environmentally.
Neem sucks, as do most "organic" treatments. They simply don't eliminate the borg.
Choose wisely, act cautiously.

-Doc

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If it's not done to exact spec, it'll cost you your plants, that will happen with almost anything you use if you don't follows the specs.

The chemical in avid and forbid are used on different crops that we eat daily. I've never had problems with them affecting my plants,

but you should do your own research on any product before you use it. :volcano-smiley:

If it's not done to exact spec, it'll cost you your plants, that will happen with almost anything you use if you don't follows the specs.

The chemical in avid and forbid are used on different crops that we eat daily. I've never had problems with them affecting my plants,

but you should do your own research on any product before you use it. :volcano-smiley:

Avid is NOT food safe, nor are the residuals remotely safe to smoke. Avis is used for ornamentals, it's not approved for food crops. You have to wear gloves & respirator when applying it. Most pot growers avoid it, and in WA, CO, CA etc marijuana that tests positive for it cannot be sold, by law.
Research: Here's the MSDS sheet (.pdf)
https://www.syngentaprofessionalproducts.com/pdf/msds/03_1219805162005.pdf
A screenshot:
420-magazine-mobile2061425474.jpg

-Doc

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I for one don't smoke period, I vape, I like my lungs. Combustion produces a range of carcinogens that you inhale and can affect the entire body. You should at least be consistent with your examples when posting facts. :volcano-smiley:

Marijuana smoke contains a similar range of harmful chemicals to that of tobacco smoke (including bronchial irritants, tumor promoters and carcinogens) (Hoffmann et al, 1975). As inhaled smoke comes into contact with airway and lung before being absorbed into the bloodstream, it is likely to affect the respiratory system (Novotny et al, 1982).

Abamectin (avid) is used to control insect and mite pests of a range of agronomic, fruit, vegetable and ornamental crops, and it is used by homeowners for control of fire ants. Abamectin is also used as a veterinary antihelmintic. Resistance to abamectin-based antihelmintics, although a growing problem, is not as common as to other classes of veterinary antihelmintics. The benzoate salt emamectin benzoate is also used as an insecticide.

Foods With (forbid 4f) Spiromesifen Residue
What Food? Average Level (μg/kg)1,2 Maximum Level (μg/kg)3 Details on How Much Test Year4 Show All Pesticides
Strawberries 6.9 210.0 Show More Details 2009 Other Pesticides on Strawberries
Cherry Tomatoes 1.9 120.0 Show More Details 2012 Other Pesticides on Cherry Tomatoes
Spinach 0.7 370.0 Show More Details 2009 Other Pesticides on Spinach
Snap Peas 0.4 99.0 Show More Details 2012 Other Pesticides on Snap Peas
Greens, Collard 0.2 16.0 Show More Details 2008 Other Pesticides on Greens, Collard
Hot Peppers 0.09 14.0 Show More Details 2011 Other Pesticides on Hot Peppers
Greens, Kale 0.07 5.4 Show More Details 2008 Other Pesticides on Greens, Kale
Cucumbers 0.05 11.0 Show More Details 2010 Other Pesticides on Cucumbers

Back
Top Bottom