Spider mites

BAR1

I've had horrible problems with spider mites..... I have removed the plants from the tent can a spider mites still live in the tent with no plants because I want to put new plants in the tent...if so what do I do to clean the tent... thanks in advance

You need to sponge wash it and use some kind of pest spray in the whole tent.
Did you kill the plants?
If you re use pots,,, they need to be washed as well and then treated with bleach spray... Wash again and rinse them well.
Soil... Only if you wet it with peroxide 3%
But after, you have no nutrients what do ever in it.

Yes, like angry bird said, clean your whole tent top to bottom, clean your lights, and the surrounding area around your tent. I use a mild bleach water to clean my room.
If your plants are still going, spray them with a spider mite killer. I use flying skull, azamax, and great clean if I'm getting major bugs. I typically use beneficial insects to control the plants. But if you're in a crunch , use spray...

You need to sponge wash it and use some kind of pest spray in the whole tent.
Did you kill the plants?
If you re use pots,,, they need to be washed as well and then treated with bleach spray... Wash again and rinse them well.
Soil... Only if you wet it with peroxide 3%
But after, you have no nutrients what do ever in it.

No the plants are gone...I have some beautiful new plants that need to go into the tent... but I didn't want to put them in if the spider mites are still inside the tent...so if the spider mites come back at you saying I can put peroxide into the soil because that's where they're coming from

Attachments

• IMG_20181129_082656.jpg
    IMG_20181129_082656.jpg
    810.1 KB · Views: 172
Yes, like angry bird said, clean your whole tent top to bottom, clean your lights, and the surrounding area around your tent. I use a mild bleach water to clean my room.
If your plants are still going, spray them with a spider mite killer. I use flying skull, azamax, and great clean if I'm getting major bugs. I typically use beneficial insects to control the plants. But if you're in a crunch , use spray...
No the plants are gone but I have new ones that I want to put in the tent I did buy ladybugs but they didn't seem to really work.... What insects do you use

Attachments

• IMG_20181129_082656.jpg
    IMG_20181129_082656.jpg
    810.1 KB · Views: 152
I have diatomaceous earth.... I was not using that I was using neem oil and SM 90. spraying on the underside of the leaves....So are the spider mites coming from my soil?
Mites can come from anywhere. You, a pet in the grow area, are the most common. Keep people and pets out period. They hide in walls, electrical outlets, cracks in the floor....they are everywhere....

I've had horrible problems with spider mites..... I have removed the plants from the tent can a spider mites still live in the tent with no plants because I want to put new plants in the tent...if so what do I do to clean the tent... thanks in advance

Hey, BAR1 — I’m in same boat now that you were in, turning over a tent that was previously housing some relentless mites. Not too out of control but a hassle.

Many moons I’ve battled the mites, with relatively good success but I’m now at empty tent stage. How did your process work out? Did you have any recurring after cleaning and your new setup?

For me, my best results (in a diff tent) has been to have super healthy plants, I put a few ladybugs in but since haven’t seen them through all the healthy leaves, but no mites, fingers crossed. Definitely the healthiest plants I’ve had so that seems key to compabatting the mites.

Anyone think using a room fogger in my empty tent all zipped up makes any sense to inoculate before moving in new plants? Total wash down after? Or skip the chemical fogger?

I'd mist and wipe out the tent with 3% peroxide. Treat the soil with Mosquito bits or Sciarid Fly nemotodes. They will eat any larvae, eggs, or babies in your soil. They are benign. They have no effect on your roots. If they show up again, you need to hit them with everything all at once, because you need to break the life cycle.

For me that is bug spray, diotamaceous earth, sciarid fly killer, and sticky tape. You will see instant results, but odds are you will need to repeat at least once more. I would also bud wash at harvest to get all of the crap off (I do that anyway).

Give some thought to where they came from. I'm convinced mine were in the bag of soil before I opened it. That's why I suggest you treat the soil as a precaution in any case. Again, these nemotodes are only interested in larvae, eggs, and babys.

Thanks! Yeah bud washing is king! All kinds of smutz on the leaves. I decided to bomb the closed tent, Wed. Hah! I’ll clean, mite bomb. Then wash down again. I’m gonna rid my place of these pests once and for all!

Hey, BAR1 — I’m in same boat now that you were in, turning over a tent that was previously housing some relentless mites. Not too out of control but a hassle.

Many moons I’ve battled the mites, with relatively good success but I’m now at empty tent stage. How did your process work out? Did you have any recurring after cleaning and your new setup?

For me, my best results (in a diff tent) has been to have super healthy plants, I put a few ladybugs in but since haven’t seen them through all the healthy leaves, but no mites, fingers crossed. Definitely the healthiest plants I’ve had so that seems key to compabatting the mites.

Anyone think using a room fogger in my empty tent all zipped up makes any sense to inoculate before moving in new plants? Total wash down after? Or skip the chemical fogger?
I'd mist and wipe out the tent with 3% peroxide. Treat the soil with Mosquito bits or Sciarid Fly nemotodes. They will eat any larvae, eggs, or babies in your soil. They are benign. They have no effect on your roots. If they show up again, you need to hit them with everything all at once, because you need to break the life cycle.

For me that is bug spray, diotamaceous earth, sciarid fly killer, and sticky tape. You will see instant results, but odds are you will need to repeat at least once more. I would also bud wash at harvest to get all of the crap off (I do that anyway).

Give some thought to where they came from. I'm convinced mine were in the bag of soil before I opened it. That's why I suggest you treat the soil as a precaution in any case. Again, these nemotodes are only interested in larvae, eggs, and babys.
I've used Nematodes for over a year, and I have no bugs at all, sprayed the rest of them on my lawn last summer and the bugs were almost non existent in my yard as well...and I live in rural SW MO on 10 acres, so I have a big yard...lol

Spray Agro according to your level of infestation noted on the bottle, then once a week, alternate between spraying Bonner Unscented Castile soap and Agro as a preventative.
You’ll never consider another alternative again. Research a bit. Spider mite exoskeletons are very sensitive to certain things.
Neem is BS, don’t waste your time spraying that crap everywhere. It’s a big mess and really not a good product if you research how it’s made.
I had a massive infestation, tried everything, and after the first treatment, I was convinced. It smells good and is food grade nontoxic.
Research...

Great info, thanks all.

Just ordered Agro, sounds worth a try.
I’m telling you, it’s like spraying coconut milk on your plants. The leafs overall will look much healthier... you’ll see. I actually bought a sprayer like they recommended. It’s like $15 at HD. But I also have a fine mist (grilling) spray bottle that does the trick. Your premix won’t go bad (they claim), but it doesn’t separate like Neem did.
Again, you’ll see. I seriously thought my monster ladies were gone. After your second treatment, they’ll all be gone. Be sure to alternate Bonners/water then Agro at least once a week after the second cycle. Spray your soil too. I sprayed that stuff everywhere. Like I said, looks and smells like vanilla coconut milk. It’s great. lol!
**I am in on way affiliated with this company, nor do I know anyone that’s associated to it**
I just know after spending hundreds of dollars on everything else, this actually worked. It saved me thousands on my last grow because I almost lost it all from those damn mites!
Bastards!!! Lol. Good luck my friend.

Back
Top Bottom