Spimps 2013 1st Grow - Ghetto Micro

Looking forward to the next round of pictures its good to see growth week on week ya actually see a big difference. I upload piks every other day and it must be boring for viewers as there's about an inch difference from my last pics lol

New pics:
0011297.jpg

0031233.jpg

0021298.jpg

0041146.jpg

007900.jpg

As you can see, Ive had some setbacks and advances... One of the girls responded well to surgery(fan leaf removal) and one did not. Shes just a ball of new growth, but she is still in critical condition... The youngest still has fas and is shooting branches out nicely. The oldest is thriving, but i still cant see any signs of sex. 12/2 since 4-20 and recently changed to 2-23w 2600k and 2-23w 6000k so i assume the red spectrum should expedite flowering... or showing balls. ANY advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Looking good there bud. I see you are using the same things to do your LSTing. its good shit right haha. For the next grow im going to be using those screws with the loop on the end of them and screwing them into the topsides of the pot for. Id say leave the leaves and everything till later on. they need the energy and nutes from the leaves. I think if you cut them too early youll take too much of that important's of nutes supply and energy gathering and conversion. if the fan leaves get to large you can cut the tips slightly to stop the growth overall and get light to the insides. i did that too. ANyways good luck on getting that lady in the front there healthy and strong again.

Update: you win some you lose some... I had a certain international package arrive today. It was cut open and had us customs tape on it... looks like i got a $90 coffee cup.... :straightface:
But on the bright side, my girls are doing well. Two are at least. The smallest should probably be put down. She just has never recovered from the MG fiasco. But Im stringing her along just to see if I can revive her. After all, this is strictly an information gathering experiment. They were dry enough today I could squeeze the pot and see all the side roots. Im pretty damn impressed with the root volume vs plant size. Hope i can stave off the dreaded 'root bound' with these smaller pots im using. :wood: Because i am checking on them twice daily i let them get a little drier than i should to let the roots breath a little. I guess time will tell.
Also, still no signs of sex. The two oldest girls have the finger like things,(defintely green not white) at the 'bud sites', and they look like they want to start shooting out pistols, but that is probably my subconscience wishing!! Ive seen immature and mature plants, but never right when they were gonna pop so i dont know. Ive probably looked at 100+ pics and none look really close to my girls. I got two healthy ones so i guess its 50/50. Ive already learned alot about topping, fimming, Lst, etc etc so even if i have two boys, this has been succesful. Seeing with your own 2 eyes how they react has been enlightening.

P.S. While preparing some pretty quality afgan nugs, I found a lone, nice looking seed in 7g sack. :high-five:

We have pistols! I watered yesterday and gave the girls some extra dark time last nights. 14hrs. This morning i noticed some swelling of the "finger" like growths. I returned today and inspected the girls. A single set of pistols! 20 mins later i returned to take some pics and another single set at another site. :cheesygrinsmiley: I may have caught them very shortly after they shot out. Last night there is 0% chance i missed them. Two and a half, 5" tall plants are easy to inspect. And this morning I only looked for 5 mins, but i have a 6x loop and i always check them thoroughly. Ill post pics in a min.

That miracle grow crap is the devil!! Almost killed two of my girls.
MG has ferts in it so it will be more likely for the PH to drop. I would check the run-off water on your next plain water watering. I would bet ya it is in the 4.0 range.

I would suggest seeing how long you can go without watering is those pots. If they start wilting a little, add some water and they will snap right back. That way you will know how long you can go between waterings more accurately and how heavy a dry pot feels.

Nice grow! I'm subscribed, seeing how fast yours grow makes me think I need to go buy some different CFLs, I need more of the 6500k bulbs, that are the open spirals unlike the ones I have.

this weeks pics:
014465.jpg

0041154.jpg

0031248.jpg

013510.jpg

012535.jpg

011596.jpg

010704.jpg

009747.jpg

008839.jpg

007909.jpg

006961.jpg

0051107.jpg

The little guy is actually the second oldest. She just couldnt take it after the nute burn/ defol. I told her today was the date and she just couldnt put out any signs of improving... :rip:
The oldest has the most pistols, basically on evey site. The other is a week younger but has been shooting out a few every day the last few days. We are 5 weeks from sprout, 2.5 weeks into 12/12. My goal was to get them to 'sex' so mission accomplished. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Now its time to grow some buds. Im using FF grow big + tiger bloom. Still going with a lite feeding, but since they have started stretch they are drinking alot more. :morenutes:
I have been waiting on some sweet auto seeds, although first attempt to get them got me a $90 coffee mug and an empty box... I have 2 sour deisel seeds in waiting, and a single afgan seed + lots of bagseed for the nxt project. Im hoping the autos show though cause i have confidence i can get them to finish now. Any advice or comments are appreciated! Thanks!

Btw Im using a mixed spectrum-- 3- 26w 2400k and 1 26w- 6500k. Should i switch to all 2400k? Ive read a mixed spectrum is ideal. I started with 4- 6500k for veg, at 12-12 i switched to 2 & 2. First sign of pistols i switched to current setup 3 & 1. Any commets?

Btw Im using a mixed spectrum-- 3- 26w 2400k and 1 26w- 6500k. Should i switch to all 2400k? Ive read a mixed spectrum is ideal. I started with 4- 6500k for veg, at 12-12 i switched to 2 & 2. First sign of pistols i switched to current setup 3 & 1. Any commets?

I use 8, 42 watt 2700k cfl bulb for flower. I never tried a mixed spectrum for flower. One of my lights went out a few days ago. It was nice that the plants never saw any darkness with 7 bulbs still going. Just ran to Walmart and replaced the burnt out one.

P10000911.JPG

[/QUOTE]I have been waiting on some sweet auto seeds, although first attempt to get them got me a $90 coffee mug and an empty box... I have 2 sour deisel seeds in waiting, and a single afgan seed + lots of bagseed for the nxt project. Im hoping the autos show though cause i have confidence i can get them to finish now. Any advice or comments are appreciated! Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hey loking good. Shame about the sick chick some things are not ment to be....
Id previously read about ur experiance wit customs/border control and ending up with a coffe cup but no seeds. Is it ilegal tl deal in seeds were u are so they were confiscated??? Its legal to buy andsell seeds were I am its a weird loop hole just ilegal if u germinate them lol

Where I am, thinking about weed too hard is illegal lol. Basically its a crap shoot. I have buddies you have ordered beans and got them in, but so far Im the unlucky one. Part of me thinks that with my current ghetto setup its probably a good thing o I dont waste the genetics on a micro grow... The other part says I want them beans!!! lol
I can really tell the difference since i started using the FF nutes. I got some molasses yesterday to start using as well. I relize my 2 girls could yield a big fat 2g, but damn it I want a decent 2g!

Lol spimp ule get more than 2g if u don't I'll smuggle seeds to u in person haha
I think ur making the most of what u have the mate and I wouldn't limit urself to infearier seeds.
If u buy say I dunno ... durban poison and yield 14g as aposed to bag seed ul no the diference ur self :)
Of course the better the set up the better it is for plants but ur set up pretty god dude give urself a pat on the back
Plus u got good nutes behind u now may as well put them to use on some top Q magic beans :).)

Yea dope is totes illegal here but u can buy seeds in head shops they call them souvineers!! Like ur gunna colect a selection of seeds or something and just like look at them but not plant them... crazy world when u can't make the most of mother natures remedies without breaking the law

Thank you Alex for thewords of encouragement.
Never underestimate the stretch!! My girls have grown even since those pics. Tons of hairs shooting out everywhere. I wish i hadnt stunted them, although if i hadnt my box would be pretty damn full by now! After this grow I plan to modify my box to better handle two girls. I think my two week veg is about right for my current setup, seeing how much they grow again in flower.

Ok, Bonus Midweek pic update:
05052.jpg

020272.jpg

021266.jpg

026181.jpg

This is about a week behind the next one. She skipped the nute OD and has remained pretty strong throughout. I was gonna snip some leaves today, but i just adjusted and added a few lst's

07822.jpg

028174.jpg

^^ this is funny. The plant has a pattern of a 4 pt leaf on one side, next node up a 3 on te other.

029151.jpg

^^^^ THIS IS NOT FUNNY!! Actually its only like 5 total leaves that look like this. I have been giving weak mix of some FF nutes and last two feeding i added some molasses. I ph every time now but i havnt given straight water (no nutes) in like 5 feedings so that may be the issue. You guys have any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom