Spimps 2013 1st Grow - Ghetto Micro

Hey shpimp not looking at the last pik....Wow! Ur doing a very good job man the plants look lush and dark green
Ur training tecniqes look to be paying off well

Now about the poorly leaf piks
I don't claim to be a expert with deficiancys or problems with leafs at all
The ony experiance iv had that resembles your leafs was during my first grow. Mid flowering my lower leafs started to discoulor and curl in and under spreading to the ful plant in about a week. The diagnosis I was given was that my plant was root bound and had root rot
So that plant bit the dust.......

But plzzz don't freak thinking this is what's ur problem ur plants look great in general and there's other reasons for leafs to look like urs that was just my expieriance

Thank you very much sir. They arent nearly s pretty as some of the true genetics ive seen, but the are pretty to me! Now to address my potential prob. That sounds very similar to some of my conditions. if you look at some of the second set of pics you can see them kinda curling... Time to grind some research.

I have been giving weak mix of some FF nutes and last two feeding i added some molasses. I ph every time now but i havnt given straight water (no nutes) in like 5 feedings so that may be the issue. You guys have any ideas

Spotting on leaves, whether rust, yellow or brown, usually indicate a nutrition deficiency. This is most likely from age or nute release in the soil. Too much Magnesium (MG) in the soil, or too little Magnanese (Mn) for the leaves. Could also be a Phosphorus deficiency...Phosphorus is necessary for photosynthesis and works as a catalyst for energy transfer within the plant. Phosphorus helps build strong roots and is vital for flower and seed production. Highest levels of phosphorus are used during germination, seedling growth and flowering. Deficiencies will show in older leaves first. Leaves turn deep green on a uniformly smaller, stunted plant. **Leaves show brown or purple spots.** I believe if PH drops below 5.5 Phosphorus gets locked out.

I would suggest just plain water. Maybe even a plain water flush. Soil grows are suppost to be the "lazy mans growing method". Meaning you don't need to do much. My grows started turning out better when I started doing less to my plants (less fertilizer) and watching my PH levels.

Ya, Im going straight water (ph'd) for at least next watering. Ill be closely monitoring them. I knew i was taking a chance with the smaller pots. And to be honest, this is why I used bagseed for my first grow. Learning learning learning. Thanks for the advice and keep it coming guys! :thanks:

Ya, Im going straight water (ph'd) for at least next watering. Ill be closely monitoring them. I knew i was taking a chance with the smaller pots. And to be honest, this is why I used bagseed for my first grow. Learning learning learning. Thanks for the advice and keep it coming guys! :thanks:

Good idea about the plain watering.
U had any improvements since ur update or any spread ?

I inspected more and only found one "bad" looking leaf and one more with a single spot. I ran them pretty dry then gave 1/2 normal amount of plain PH'd water. The few leaves that are kinda curling are the oldest ones and look OK today. still less perky than the newer ones, but ok. Unfortunately I have a weird schedule next few days so they will get more dark than usual 12/12. But my theroy is better more dark than more light while they are budding. My second attempt at genetics is enroute so i should know about that in next few days as well. keep your fingers crossed!! :riskybusiness:

I would have the same opinions as u in regards to more dark than more light. Sure theyl be fine.
Cool that things are looking good. Its always a nlbig panick when u find a ponential problem I for one have had my share of issues in previous grows. Iv just been looking through some of my old piks I'll post my pik of the root bound girl from a while ago

06062010170.jpg

When I took this pik I was using a resizing site that put there water mark thru the images. This condition came on quick and shown no signs of getting better

Damn. Thats a pretty lady to have to put down. :rip:

Ok this weeks pics: (notice Ghetto temperature control device lol)
0011322.jpg

0021320.jpg

0031256.jpg

0041161.jpg

0051114.jpg

006969.jpg

008847.jpg

007918.jpg

Sprout date 4-6. 12/12 4-20. First pistols 5-8
Girls are looking good. Im gonna do another watering today andIm gonna go back to FF schedule. Im gonna go 1/2 water amount again just so i can closely monitor progress next few days. By next week if all is good, back to full strength. :morenutes:

Thank you sir. Ive got a little gnat issue since i incorporated molasses. After the first time i used it i noticed the soil looked dark the next day and was a little sticky to the touch. Im sure this is what brought them on. I read that gnats also can attack roots so maybe that is the damage to the leaves. Im gonna remedy that today or tomorrow.
Ok so wheres a Q for you guys: I know the optimal way to tell when to harvest is looking a microscope which i plan on doing. But whats the ballpark for flowering time? 10 weeks-ish? Also, and more importantly, is that 10 weeks from 12/12, or from first pistols?

Guess what I got....BEANS! I am not sure of the policy regarding seedbanks so I wont mention the name. But it starts with an A. If there is a proper way and place to praise them, please let me know because they deserve it. No hassle, and prompt communication. Anywho, to the beans.
Barneys Blue Mammoth auto fem
Auto Seeds Trans Siberian auto fem
Nl x big bud auto fem free
Afgan kush special photo fem free
I wasnt concerned about "big yielder" strains. I dont have the experience\space\money\desire for a 1000w show... So I did some research and was probably swayed by the marketing some. Ha. I like pretty bud pics i guess. Both breeders seemed to have positive reviews so it was a matter of cost mostly. I wasnt gonna invest on something that may never show.
I also changed when i was gonna stat them. At first i was thinking as soon as they arrived. Now I think I will wait. With the current going better than anticipated, Im gonna use the bagseed to hone some skills. Especially in the Harvesting. I relize i have a 'free' look at the process before wasting my genetics. Ive never seen the Trimming process. Ive helped a friend years ago hang buds to dry on a string, but he had already trimmed them...poorly I might add. And im pretty sure he didnt cure in jars. Guess its time to get back to research.
:reading420magazine:

But whats the ballpark for flowering time? 10 weeks-ish? Also, and more importantly, is that 10 weeks from 12/12, or from first pistols?

It realy depends on trichome color ratio you want. I would suggest doing some reseach on your strain to see when other people harvest thier's. If not that...then maybe shoot for a mid range... 8-10 week flower...shoot for 9 weeks from 12/12. You should have a decent amout of brown pistols. Mine are always timed from when I put them in 12/12 is day one of flower.

Also you want to know roughly your harvest date so that you can start to flush them. Most people do a 2 week period of only plain water before harvest to make for a better smoke.

At first i was thinking as soon as they arrived. Now I think I will wait. With the current going better than anticipated, Im gonna use the bagseed to hone some skills.

I tortured my bag seed. I even poured the runoff water back into the plant one time. All the fan leaves bunt off in about 2 weeks. It still was some strong smoke even though I did everything wrong.

I stored my seeds in a light proof container (diabetic strip container) with rice to help keep the moisture out. I just kept them in the refrigerator door.

Thanks! My oldest is just starting to show some trics today. Being bagseed, the strain is a mystery at best. Im thinking the 9week window is what im gonna plan on. I gotta do something about the gnats. I dont see any damage but every time i open the cabinet i kill like 20 of those suckers!
I read that radio shack has a pocket microscope for cheap... im gonna check that out to see the trics. All i have now is a 6x loop. The younger of the two has some bright green growth today and a lot more hairs. And it looks like the oldest girls buds are thickening up some.
The good news is i have a pretty steady supply, so i dont have to pull early just for smoke. Do you know of any links to proper trimming? A pictoral showing "sugar leaves" and exactly what to trim would be awesome. :thanks:

Gnats.. little shits :( what will u use to kill them? I don't have a guide link to trimming but my motto is anything obstructing light to buds goes especialy with cfls as the penetration is so low
Great news about ur magic beans

I'm gonna put some sliced potatoes on the soil. I guess the larvae love it. And sticky traps for mature ones. I'll give that a week, then ill get some organic spray if i still have issues. I'm currently enroute to a potential outside location. Might try an auto outdoors vs indoors for next project.

An indoors outdoors face off would be cool and make for interesting viewing. If u were using less than 400 watts inside my money would be on the outdoors. I guess though it would depend on the climate were u are too. I wud 100% tag along to that grow. I got a fre pepper jack seed femd wen I bought this round I'm thinking of vegging it 12-16" and just planting it somewere remote out the way. Lots of countryside were I am. Id maybe walk 30mins off a beaten track plant it and come back say 4-8- and 10 weeks later to harvest

Thanks! My oldest is just starting to show some trics today. Being bagseed, the strain is a mystery at best. Im thinking the 9week window is what im gonna plan on. I gotta do something about the gnats. I dont see any damage but every time i open the cabinet i kill like 20 of those suckers!
I read that radio shack has a pocket microscope for cheap... im gonna check that out to see the trics. All i have now is a 6x loop. The younger of the two has some bright green growth today and a lot more hairs. And it looks like the oldest girls buds are thickening up some.
The good news is i have a pretty steady supply, so i dont have to pull early just for smoke. Do you know of any links to proper trimming? A pictoral showing "sugar leaves" and exactly what to trim would be awesome. :thanks:

I got that 60x radio shack microscope and i didn't like it. I prefer the 30x jewelers.

Try putting some perlite on top. I think if the top is dry they won't lay eggs on it.

Basically all i do is trim right up to the bud. Sugar leaves are trimmed flush with the bud.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom