Spimps NLxBB Auto Micro CFL's 2013

Excellent bud photos Spimp :high-five:...lots of frosty goodness there

Good luck on the cloner my friend...I got an areoponic one almost for free so I gave that (getto) one to a friend for his medical grow as he was on a tight budget and needed more medicine for him and his wife...I honestly got faster rooting from the getto one but it may have been strain related, I'm not 100% sure...if you have an air pump and air stone you can rig one up for free...$15-20 if you need the pump and stone

Good Weed my friends and Happy Sativaday!

All the girls in the tent got some treatment this morning. Sprayed with SNS 217 and fed SNS 209, SNS 604B, and D&G stage 3. Saw some new mite activity on the GDP but Im trying to control them enough to get through this bud cycle.
In other news I decided to try my hand at a Ghetto Bubble Cloner. Im tired of being in the Dead Clone Society and this is my attempt to get out! :rofl:

Spimp's Bubble Cloner aka The Anti-DCS machine aka the Clone-Quarium:

Supplies--
2 pack tupper ware container (2 pack is important. Get back to that later).
10-30 gallon Aquarium pump.
Air hose.
Air stones. ( I bought the cheepest they had. :))
Foam sheets. (Or inserts or flip flops or beer cuzies)
Some form of root befinicial nutrient.*optional

My total purchase price at the local Wallymart was just under $25. But if you have any of these laying around the house its even cheaper.
Heres the pics-
0011849.JPG

010982.JPG

011845.JPG

Method--

Draw some circles. Cut them out.
0021837.JPG

Soak the stone for an hour. Then I hooked it up and tested it for "proof of concept".
0031764.JPG

Now insert the Clone-a-bees into the inserts. (confession- these have been siting in soil not growing for 3 days before i moved them over)Snap lid into place
0051570.JPG

Oh no!! What about a humidity dome??? Remember I said buy a two pack... :)
0041657.JPG

And in 24hrs I see this--
0081200.JPG

Im far from out of the DCS, but I have hope now!! :slide:

Hope everyone is having a Spliffy Day! :ciao:

Good weed everyone! :ciao:

I think I f'd up the clones. Well, at least one anyway. Seems in my haste I kinda made a pocket with tape that held water and one of the clones turned into mush. That leaves 4 in the cloner and 6 in the dirt.
I also think I had my airstone on too high. Further research has led me to the conclusion that instead of violently bubbling, you want it low and let the ultra fine mist do the work. Oh well. These cut's were literally garbage bound and I just threw them in some soil to get lucky incase one wante to root.
I really want to try to save these genetics, BUT I have a much more legitamate plan if these cuttings die. Ill reveg after harvest and keep taking cuttings until I can get a 'mother' from this GDP. But thats a long time away. Ill try to put some pics up today my friends!
Hope everyone has a nice bowl of sunshine waiting on them! :slide:

:circle-of-love:

Glad you sorted a cloner out! Ive got to adjust my DIY cloner asap. Its a water pump not an air one, (runs through an ornimental fountain) it worked last time but had to scrap that grow, so didn't count them as a success. So now Iim gonna get an air stone and pump then refit the air pump to be powered by my little solar panel. Should mean a finer mist like you said above! :)

Best of budladen days to you Sir Spimp! :)

Oh snap Spimp. I just knew you had it! But you know what? That Anti-DCS machine is going to work. This summer we're going to start a bonfire and we're all going to through our Dead Clone Society membership cards in there.

:high-five:

Oh snap Spimp. I just knew you had it! But you know what? That Anti-DCS machine is going to work. This summer we're going to start a bonfire and we're all going to through our Dead Clone Society membership cards in there.

:high-five:

:thumb:...don't forget the peace pipe my friend...

...every bonfire needs a peace pipe :bongrip:

Goes without saying Jay...

Bonfires and peace pipes... Thats my kinda Party! :party:

Good weed everyone! :ciao:
Lots to update.
A certain someone has given me a 'go ahead' on an outdoor gorilla type grow. Ive got some serious work ahead of me in the next week or two getting everything going but Im very excited about the prospect! The location is quite a bit aways but I should be able to get there once a week or so and a 'helper' lives on the property. We havnt worked out the finer details yet, but I promise to take you guys along for the ride!

Also... I have a new toy. :) Ill post pics in just a few as Im also very excited about it. :):):):)

P.S. I have to tell you guys and gals that all of you bring alot of joy into my life. Im so happy to be back here on 420 with what I consider some of the best imaginary friends in the world! :high-five:
:420:
:circle-of-love:

Ok, heres the new toy---

Spimps Completly Un-Scientific comparison of 312 Actual CFL watts VS 150w HPS----
0021840.JPG

0041659.JPG

The CFL bulbs are 2 feet from the floor with no reflector. The 150w HPS is 3 feet above floor. My eyes tell me its not even close which one is 'brighter'.

I got lucky and got this 150w HPS for $60. The temperature of the bulb is crazy hot, but after 3-4 inches you cant feel much of anything heat wise. I have the light hanging about a foot above the girls---
0051572.JPG

I may eventually add some CFL side lighting in there, but honestly I think this light is gonna help add some weight to these and future buds! :party:

Spimps Completly Un-Scientific comparison of 312 Actual CFL watts VS 150w HPS----

This is going to be entertaining to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom