Spitz Tries Purple Haze - Maui Waui - Panama & Wild Thai Under XML 650

Sorry about the setbacks Spitz. I am glad that they are recovering for you. I think that they will recover fully, but what do I know? lol :)
Stay positive and I hope the trip was fun at least. :)

Thank you sir! It is what it is. It's more about style of growing plants than setbacks though. I really enjoy running a 6 plant "variety" grow than these huge monsters. I think the Maui will finish up in 4-5 weeks. The gargantuan Haze doesn't look like it will ever finish so she is back to the drawing board (hence the cloning of her). I expect to just putz around with 1G pots and a wide variety of plants. No loss at all sir. Still plenty left from the last harvest. Thanks for checking in!

That light seems great. I like how you grow your plants naturally without lots of training (unlike mine...). Amazing how well they do when your grow is so... 3 dimensional. :thumb:

Update time... A few changes since we last met. The Purple Haze and Maui were nursed back to health. Going bone dry took its toll on them. The Maui got her first feed in a week today. The purple haze got the axe. She was healthy, but, she was too big and would have taken far too long to finish. Here's some pictures....

The Wild Thai looks "good". A bit lanky and petite, but she looks healthy! She's getting a lot more light since the departure of the PH. We'll see if it helps???

image36272.jpg

image36273.jpg

The Maui is happy. She looks a bit rough from her lack of attention last week. She is back on track and should finish strong. I expect a huge harvest of airy sativa flowers from her. Momma can't wait!

image36274.jpg

image36275.jpg

I added a Northern lights to replace the PH. She's in soil and looks pretty happy at a few weeks old.

image36276.jpg

And a shot of the trunk and roots of the PH. I'm pretty happy overall with how she went. I. Was just not prepared.

image36277.jpg

Thanks for following. All questions, comments, or concerns welcome. Peace!!

Time for another update...

The Wild Thai is starting to fill in. She's a good ways out from harvest (guessing 6-8 weeks). She's happy and healthy, although a little scrawny.

image36332.jpg

The Maui really started to fill in this week. She's looking great despite her rough week a couple weeks ago. I'm guessing about 4 more weeks for her.

image36335.jpg

image36333.jpg

A shot of the Northern Lights just because she's in there..

image36336.jpg

And check out this little oddball. It's a GDP seedling that has 3 cotyledons and 3 leafs for the first set. I hope its a girl!

image36338.jpg

Wait a second! When did I miss the intro to the NL? Nice looking girl for her age. Nice shape too, was she topped?

Wait a second! When did I miss the intro to the NL? Nice looking girl for her age. Nice shape too, was she topped?

I think I planted her the day I pulled the Panama. I don't have a "veg room". I keep a 4' x 4 bulb T5 with only 2 bulbs on for starting seeds and clone(s) in the closet. I did top her once about 2 weeks ago (currently trying to clone her). I also added a clone of the Maui in today too. She's in soil and I want to compare the hydro-soil differences on the end produce. The only other project are two newborn GRand Daddy Purp regular seeds. I sure hope one is a girl. I need about 8 more empty 5G pails for booster seats.

Edit.. I'll probably need to run another Purple Kush soon. It's a big hit with my 80 yr old neighbor lady. Whooda thunk??

love the use of oldcschool genetics!!! keep it up bro

Thanks bb! There will be a Panama and Purple Haze back in the lineup. I definitely won't veg them for 2 months either. As mentioned, lesson learned. If ACE tells you 15 weeks, count on it! The Wild Thai looks like she's going to go all of that. I expect to harvest the Northern Lights around the same time as the Thai. Just crazy... Thanks for popping in!

As for a small update, the Maui is filling in nicely. It's going to be a HUGE harvest. This is my 2nd go with this strain/breeder and she is a spitting image of her offspring. The last one never "densed up" and I doubt this one will either. I'm going to guess a grocery bag of flowers that will weigh in at 5-6 ounces (very airy). I took that from a 12/12 from seed hybrid in my previous run.

The Northern Lights is flowering away and looks real happy. I usually don't take a spiral down in soil for another 2-3 weeks. We'll see how this girl goes.

Wild Thai is plugging along. Slow and steady is her game. I should say "real slow and kind of steady" fits better. Still, we're in it for the long ride. Love the light, love the company, love the hobby... Pictures in a few days. If there is anything specific you want to see, shout it out!

Peace!!

Well, it's weekend update time.... We'll take a tour through the lounge and a peek at everything we've got going on. Nothing crazy happening. Temperature is 65 lights out to mid 70s during lights on. Lights are on 11 and off 13 and humidity is between 20-30%. Starting with the Maui Waui big girl. She's still 4+ weeks out. She drinks about 64 ozs every morning of AN rookie line. She's fed to slight runoff every morning of ppm around 800 at PH from 5.5-6.0.

image36408.jpg

To keep with the journal ladies, next up is the Wild Thai. She's going to make it to 15 weeks. She's starting to fill in nicely. She's in a mix of Roots Organic and FFOF. No extra anything and she hasn't been given any nutrients. She gets a Gallon of tap water every 2-3 days and is do for a good soaking soon. Probably this weekend when I do some cleaning.

image36411.jpg

Here is a clone of the Maui in soil. Same mix as the Wild Thai and no nutrients. She's about 40" under the light but near the middle. We'll see how she does. No flowers yet.

image36409.jpg

The Northern Lights. I love this plant. I lover her size and shape. This will be my new standard for trying to grow any future plants. No more 5G pots or trees. She looks fantastic to me. She's on 2 5G pail booster seats.

image36410.jpg

here is my Solo cup Afghan girl. Looks terrible. She's bone dry every morning. Still, part of the experiment was to fail. She's in coco. I may have had better luck in soil.

image36413.jpg

Here's is an entire tent shot. That Maui is huge.

image36412.jpg

Just shout out any questions, comments, or concerns. Peace!

The clone was taken during an early pruning session, +/- 2 weeks to root, and likely growing for 3 weeks. The soil plant is for the organic/hydro comparison. I don't know if "organic" is the right word... It seems the definition has changed considerably lately. I have a degree in chemistry (which involved 3 years of Organic Chemistry) and I still apparently don't know the definition of organic??? Anyway, you get the point.

I hear ya dreadednorth... I could taken her to finish (and probably should have). I fear it would have bored me to the point of giving up growing completely. That plant was going to take every day of 15 weeks. I had super cropped the top 50 times and it was an absolute blanket over my entire tent. I've done Dr Grinspoon, Maui, and Raspberry Cough as sativas before this. They all say 12+ weeks and they all came down between 8 and 10. I have only germinated 3 ACE strains. I culled the Panama early but the Wild Thai and PHaze are going to take every bit of the suggested time frame. My Maui isn't an ACE seed. I've got a pile of what were advertised as Landrace Sativa seeds (El Dorado, Malawi, panama, PHaze, AcGold, are just a few. It's going to take me a lifetime to grow them.

Who's the breeder on your PHaze? I'd love to follow along... Peace!

Hey spitz

I got my PHaze seeds from rob Bergman ( wouldn't let me put his website because it selling website I believe) but googling his name and I lovegrowingmarijuana and it should work,let me know if you can't find his site. Anyway I believe it's a Dutch based seed company because the postage was from Netherlands. The specs are avg 39-55 inch height, avg 550 gr/m2 and 65 day flower period (9 weeks). Mine might be a little small compared to the specs I think I stunted her lol ya I'm a noob but she's doing good now. And your WThai makes me wanna order more seeds haha

Another weekend update. I'm guessing 2 more weeks for the Maui. One more week of food and a week or so of flush. We'll make that call next weekend. She looks like she's gonna be ok when this is all said and done. Here she is and then a closeup:

image36475.jpg
image36476.jpg

I didn't t snap a pic of the Thai simply because I forgot. She's on the front left of the following pic. The Northern Lights in the middle. In the very front you can see a top or two of the Maui clone in soil that just started to flower. The Thai is really throwing on weight. Quite a ways out but growing nicely.

image36478.jpg

A parting shot under full power. The afghan is in a solo cup on top of the fan. She's going to be ok!

image36479.jpg

Shout out any questions or comments.. Peace peeps!!

Re: Spitz Tries Purple Haze, Maui Waui, Panama & Wild Thai Under XML 650

hey spitz , they look great ... i have not heard "Maui Waui" in a long time ...... from what i see from those of those two beauties that were topped is that you did not seem to prune after topping but just let them go off on their own. here is a pic taken the other day .. i took a few fan leaves down that were "covering others " done after this pic. they had already started to pre- flower with an aux shoot........what do ya think ? thanks.............
pix1.jpg

pix11.jpg
what i have highlighted in red is the two new main shoots after toppin once. i have circled the tops " you will notice some stretching" , i am at 17 day flower. i am hoping for the two cola's that i have produced by topping... below the top of the main shoot i have also circled where the plant filled in b4 a small stretch and i am hoping for the two main cola from the bottom circle all the way till it stops growing ......... thanks for your help spitz
just cracked a seed NLH# X BLOCKHEAD gonna let that one grow normal.... the strain that is pictured is highwayman x tang tang ...... maybe i should have not topped and lst on my first time working with highwayman x tang tang and worked with a strain i have worked with , like NYSD X NLH#5

Back
Top Bottom