Spitz Tries Purple Haze - Maui Waui - Panama & Wild Thai Under XML 650

Your plants look great. Everybody has the "best" way to do it. I don't pull leafs because I'm not diligent with PH, flushing, feeding, etc... I need those leafs to help compensate for all my deficiencies. There is no right way to do it, but rather many right ways. I do it this way because 4-6 plants at 1-3 oz each is more than enough a couple times a year. I like to transplant, top, heal, flip. Thanks for stopping by!

Weekend update..

A few changes from last weekend have taken place. I have added 2 GDP regs to the bloom tent. That leaves me with only 2 GDP clones under the t5. They sit next to a big mix of garden vegetables in the closet. If either of the GDPs are girls, their clones will move under a single 23W CFL. I have no plans of growing medical plants over the summer and she'll stay under a single 23w all summer if they sex female. That in itself might be interesting. The t5 will come out of the closet and move into the garage for family garden veggies. So, in the tent we have:

2 GDP regs
1 Maui in coco
1 Maui clone in soil
1 Solo cup Afghan in coco
1 Northern Lights in soil
1 Wild Thai in soil

Six mature plants is a threshold I don't want to cross (even with the medical recommendation). I'm sure the Maui will come down before the GDPs will sex out. Discarding the Solo Afghan is an option too if the GDPs are both girls and flower freakishly fast. The tent will come down as soon as the GDPs are finished (10 weeks or so).

I grabbed a shot of the Wild Thai first. She is absolutely beautiful. She was given a good soak this morning and is a bit unhappy about it. She'll look good in the AM. She is really swelling up now and just starting to turn orange.

image8751.jpeg
image8752.jpeg

The Maui is ending her journey. She's going to start receiving PH adjusted water starting tomorrow. I wasn't real diligent with PH on this run. My feed would last about 5 days and would drift to 7 in a day. I'm not going to continue with the Advanced PH perfect nutrients. They might work great for others, but, they aren't very friendly with my tap water. Back to GH for me next grow. She looks like maybe a bit more than a week out in the picture. She's aging quickly though. I think she'll have a narrow window.

image8753.jpeg
image8754.jpeg

And finally, this is what the tent looks like. The Northern lights is going to be my stickiest plant to date. Wish I would have cloned her!

image8755.jpeg

Have a great weekend peeps! Shout out any questions!!

You could always reveg the northern lights. It's very easy -doesn't require much light.
Looking great in there as usual. :thumb:
I'm too lazy to scroll back, is the wild thai sold by Seeds of Africa? If so there was some talk and questions about it on this thread and I mentioned you- Landrace Genetics 101

It's a World of Seeds Wild Thai. I checked on that link to landrace genetics. I think it will be an interesting read. I noted GReytails comment on the strain. I hope momma doesn't have a similar thought on it. I'm sure sure she'll love it, she seems to love them all. Man Greytail grows some gorgeous plants. It's hard to follow his journals (kind of feels like peeing next to an elephant throwing water). We'll know more in a month or two.

Thanks for the link!

Lol, I know what you mean. It makes me happy to see his amazing plants-
but somehow just a little bit depressed too...

Oh yeah I guess I meant World of Seeds, not Seeds of Africa. Duh.
Why would seeds of Africa be selling Wild Thai??

:lot-o-toke:

Here are the 2 young GDPs just because people like plant photos! One has 3 chutes at every node. It will be interesting to see what happens when she moves to alternating nodes. I wonder if she'll have shorter node spacing and/or have a 3 plane node rotation? It should be interesting. I cloned her top a few days ago. If it's a female, I'll grab a lower chute just to be sure I save her. Happy weekend peeps!

image8808.jpeg

Edit...
Maui just got her first water only morning drink. I have a hunch she'll come down on Wednesday.

If you really investigate the 2 plants its kind of interesting. They were both topped one time ar the 3rd node. The top plant has perfect bilateral symmetry. The lower has the 3 quadrants. Kind of cool.. Yeah, I'm a total nerd!

How troublesome are these pheno's to grow. I'm looking at a seed run now.

Cheers

How troublesome are these pheno's to grow. I'm looking at a seed run now.

Cheers

If you are referring to the GDPs, they haven't given me any trouble yet. I'm not familiar with the strain, but, these two have been pretty "normal". They seem identical in every way (minus of course one being a tri plant). Hell, I'm not even sure they are 'shes" yet. I can include them in weekly updates if you'd like. They are both in coco and any of their offspring will be done in soil (albeit in the fall).

Absolutely gorgeous garden ya got there Spitz. Hope one of the GDP goes girly for ya. :cheer: :high-five:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say both are girls. They've shown no positive identification yet either way. They just look, act, and have a female aura about them. I really feel these two. For the record, I'm about 50:50 on my regular seed predictions! Lol. Thanks for the compliment!

GDB, DD, Blue Thai are in the running now. Thanks

Cheers

Hey Spitz,I am growing some Wild Thai from World of Seeds too.I'm going to plant them outdoors in 10 gal bags so I cam move them in come winter.... How do they smell..??? I am hoping to find a Thai stick smell I haven't smelled in 35 years ?? I only use Chicken dung and mushroom compost mixed with valley soil and have done well with it..... Hope to have a good green house up soon. I haven't had too good of luck so far.Had one blow over last year.Too busy to ancore it right ..Duh? To do one right cost some serious dough.. Hey, Slow but sure..I'll get there.Happy Hemping Red

I'll update the Wild Thai this weekend. She's starting to show that "getting close look to her". I'm guessing 2-3 weeks. It could be just starvation. I haven't fertilized her one single time. As for smell, she smells like nothing I've smelled before. Better yet, she smells like everything I've ever smelled. Very strong lemon odor. Behind that is the fuel, skunk, and fruit. Heavy lemon with after tones of skunk, diesel, and fruit is how I'd describe her. I expect her to be completely different when dried. We should know in 3-4 weeks!

The Maui came down on Monday. Should be some flower pics in a day or two. It was a huge harvest! I didn't get any plant pics because she pretty much "flopped" when I untied her. Good sign I guess. Pictures later today or in a few.

Spitz, how dare you talk of such a wonderful harvest and huge bug without pictures?! :)
Congrats, and, anxiously awaiting pics....

Quick hitter...

Here's the Maui harvest below. It needs a few more days in the box before moving in/out of jars. A pretty good haul!

image9193.jpeg

The Wild Thai is starting to show some distress. She's going to ride it out fora week or two before harvest. Starting to hint at ripeness.

image9194.jpeg

The Northern Lights is showing some yellowing too. She'll probably get a flush and light feed in a few days.

image9195.jpeg

Should update with harvest pics and weights in a few days. Peace!

Question about how you dry...
I see them hanging in the box, I get that and the idea,but still wondering some things.
Do you open the couple every once in a while so they breathe? How long does it take you? What temp in the room you have the box in?
Luckily, my buds where able to soften up and are perfect right now (thank you sir), but I want to try to avoid the "oh shit" moment I had last time.

That is a huge haul my friend! The wifey will be very pleased I'm sure!

The humidity in my room is about 30% and temp around 75. I do have the box slightly open because there are so much green in there. I hang them until they are crispy on the outside (4-6 days). I then cut them from the sticks and place them in jars. They moisten right back up overnight. I'll put them on a plate for 3-5 hrs every day until dry on the outside. Repeat until they feel right. Keep checking them for a few more days just to be sure they aren't too moist. You can find decent hygrometers for 10 bucks just for peace of mind. I have some Boveda 65s if I over dry. I prefer them around 62% humidity. Lock them down in canning jars for a few months (checking for the first 2 weeks or so).

Glad your harvest worked out for you. Take a few and put them in a pint jar. Open for Christmas!!

Up here is the Great Nothwet I hang mine for 2 weeks minimum... I always worry about you know what (mold) so I favor over dry...Now I have been told the yellowing of leaves at the end is normal...The plant is drawing in the last of the good stuff..Anyone hear that? Oh and now on to the....... SMELL !!..That is what I wanted to hear.."Like nothing I have ever smelled before"..... Because I haven't smelled Thai in 40 + years or so...I so hope it plays out.....Happy Hemping and the sun is out up here ........:thumb: Red

Back
Top Bottom