Spitz's Quick Indica Hitter

Despite sprouting the seeds were probably non viable , I have had a weakling or two before that sprouted fine but did little else. I remember one pddball seedling I had that grew without cell stregnth Leaving it super droopy haliroiusly droopy and bushy at the same time , grew to about 12" tall and made droopy buds. My only thought besides it being genitic is it could of been caused by a lack of silicate / silicone, just a guess.

an idea bout why the autos stopped growing: They stop growing and switch to flower (if old and big enough) when the taproot hits bottom. I plant mine in 14" deep trash bins. The first auto I planted this way got 48" tall and gave me a 36" long stem covered with really good Sh**! She never stopped growing from the time I planted her directly in her Big Girl pot.

I have three newly-sprouted Autos that, as soon as they emerged, I put them, peat plug and all, into their final, tall bin. No chance of hitting bottom before they are old enough to support flowers.

Don't restrict their roots in any way. On day one I had a taproot growing OUTSIDE the peat pellet and it was just a millimeter from hitting the bottom of the seed chamber. So now, I up-pot them as soon as they are upright out of the soil.

Pics on the last 2 pages of my journal.

Thanks AK. I've heard the same. I think my issue was in the rockwool. I think I may have cratered/cracked the rockwool a bit allowing either light or air to stunt the taproot right there at surface. A little coco on top of the cube may have helped. I'm done with rockwool forever. I think I'll have to aeroclone if I play DWC.

I just picked up a Timber Vero 4x100W setup today. All part of my plan to dial back to a 2x4. Easier on the back, the electricity, and the heat. I can't wait until these girls are flowering along to drop a few seeds. I will have all feeds on timers with a 40G drain tank for DTW. I'm stoked!

As for the current ladies... getting real "flowery". No flowers yet, but very close. They are drinking about 60ozs of water/feed every day each. No signs of deficiencies. A bit "leggier" than I like on the Bubblicious and AK47. The others are a perfect shape. Pictures this weekend. I'm pretty sure I'll have to take the Dark Devil down this weekend for plant count. Peace!

Loving what you have going on over there LED bud! I have so many questions to ask but I suspect you're getting tired of my rookie "How do yous ". Lol. Can you elaborate a bit on Silica? I haven't ever used it but here it is beneficial to plants health and sturdiness. With all the nutrient "snake oil" out there, ya just don't know.

That goes for anyone else too. Thoughts on Silica? Experience with/without it??

I got a gallon jug of silica last year. Definitely makes stems stronger and more wiry and tough. Read that it provides other benefits for the plants and possibly better and bigger buds. I haven't really been able to quantify that. But absolutely it will make them stronger. My only problem with that it's quite expensive at least where I live. I looked into making my own but hit some logistical problems with making it into a solution. Conradino uses ground up horsetail ( The plant not the tails of horses) in his pots for his organic grows. I'm thinking I should try that. My understandi ng is it (maybe?) takes quite a long time to be assimilated by the plant in this form but I'm going to try a side by side grow test with ground up horse tail sometime. Very plentiful in my area. It should be very easy to tell whether or not it's working

I have an unrelated question for you spitz. I'm too lazy to go look for your other journal. My Panamas seem to show a bit of a calcium deficiency -as best as I can figure out I'm guessing that they just prefer a higher pH than the other plants and maybe it's getting locked out at my usual pH level. Did you ever see any spotting or indications of calcium def with yours?

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/image18698.jpeg

This was the last picture I took of her before I left for 3 weeks. In my opinion, she should have come down a few days after this. I did not see any Ca specific spotting. I did water with tap water throughout the grow (although our tap water is only 50ppm and I haven't read the county water report to quantify minerals). It was also grown in a 5G pot of pretty good organic (I use that term lightly) soil. I suck so bad in soil I probably can't really help. All my soil plants finish "hungry", but no real Ca spotting. If you don't want to share here, PM me a picture of your girl. I miss her smell.. lemon over mint. Peace!

Panama is the girl on the left

Edit..

Sold! Should be adding Si early next week. Thanks for the feedback.

Loving what you have going on over there LED bud! I have so many questions to ask but I suspect you're getting tired of my rookie "How do yous ". Lol. Can you elaborate a bit on Silica? I haven't ever used it but here it is beneficial to plants health and sturdiness. With all the nutrient "snake oil" out there, ya just don't know.

That goes for anyone else too. Thoughts on Silica? Experience with/without it??
Silicate makes the cells walls stronger so if you add it in the plants vitality goes up it looks better gets greener its stalks grow at will and fast and desease resitance goes up along with drought resistance. Its essential if you want big ass plants. The stuff will turn you from zero to hero lol or improved noticeably , your grows will look healthier lushier and bigger , if all things are in order.. Every nutrient manufacturer has a silicate product I am using a thick concentrated product labled potasium silicate by cannamax labs. Because its this type is thick like gel I stir it into a liter jug to delute before dumping in buckets or the reservior. Side note it raises the ph a few points so add it during mix up before adjusting ph. I enjoy given tips no worries!

Nice looking plant. Mine are on their own for the week but I'll try to drag the Panama into some decent light and get a photo when I get the chance. I'm fairly sure that she just likes a little higher ph, and Ca is one that gets locked out first in a low range. I've been running my ph at low level, pushing the limits for quite some time as most of the plants seem to prefer it. I'll try doing yet another side by side to test the theory- which is the best/only way I know how to get to the bottom of these things.

I successfully grafted a Malawi to one Panama, and now am in the process of grafting on a Mama Thai, which looks like it will also succeed :thumb: . If I had a Golden Tiger I'd graft that on as well- but I think the three strains I am doing will be a nice match and I'm looking forward to the results.

Totally the wrong journal for this but wtf.

Silicate makes the cells walls stronger so if you add it in the plants vitality goes up it looks better gets greener its stalks grow at will and fast and desease resitance goes up along with drought resistance. Its essential if you want big ass plants. The stuff will turn you from zero to hero lol or improved noticeably , your grows will look healthier lushier and bigger , if all things are in order.. Every nutrient manufacturer has a silicate product I am using a thick concentrated product labled potasium silicate by cannamax labs. Because its this type is thick like gel I stir it into a liter jug to delute before dumping in buckets or the reservior. Side note it raises the ph a few points so add it during mix up before adjusting ph. I enjoy given tips no worries!

If it does all that....

Should I drink it or just inject it in my veins? Look out tonight momma! "Hero" Daddy is on the prowl!

Another comment about silica as LEDBUD mentioned - it's about the only nutrient I know that is alkaline. It doesn't like to stay in solution below a certain ph. I add it first when I mix nutes. All my other nutes are acidic. If I add it last it tends to precipitate out quite badly.
Some people use silica as a replacement for ph plus, which is perfectly acceptable. I do this to some extent- but I've used up most of my gallon jug already so have started getting more sparing with it.

EDIT- - I also use Silica Blast. This is my second jug and neither was like a 'gel'. Just regular liquid

The precipitation thing is a little complicated. I haven't quite deciphered how much silica is lost by precipitation in my nute mixes.
But the more acidic the solution- the more it turns into solid white particles and sinks.
Here is a link with a tiny bit of info. WTI Silica

Two fun facts.
- Silica is the most plentiful mineral on earth.
- Silica is the most expensive nutrient additive on Weasel's grow room shelf.

Pretty boring update. I'm going to call this the start of flowering. I believe the transition has been about two weeks so far. The plants are on 13.5on/10.5off. They preflowered and stretched immediately. They are slowly starting to push flowers now. A side view and shot from the top:

IMG_192327.JPG

IMG_192431.JPG

Here is my only real plant showing any signs of deficiency. I'm thinking this is nutrient burn?? I haven't seen it on the leaf edges before though???

IMG_192539.JPG

The Dark Devil came down. Beautiful plant. Smells like fermenting berries. Small harvest, but i think it will be good stuff. I hope they hang onto the pink color and don't turn dark purple. They really are pretty.

IMG_192732.JPG

IMG_192829.JPG

IMG_192926.JPG

Looking healthy the dark devil looks tasty , should be a nice one ! Nice Your remaing are starting to bud it can take what seems like for ever sometimes make that most times. I will take a guess at your plants leaf and say it was a potasium deficiency thats mo longer a issue. Don"t worry about trying to correect. Maybe dont let the ppm drop too low imo. Not sure to be honest but it is minor that Im fairly confident on. Sitting here stoned atm haha

Back
Top Bottom