Splitting my tent

bignugz420

So I have a 5*5*7 ft tent, i have 5 autos and lots of photo fem clones and new beans already growing, I was thinking about splitting up my room I have plenty of lights and everything I need to accomplish it I am just wondering if anyone has tried this or should I break out my old tent 4*3*7 ft tent, I am also close to chop so I am gonna have More space in my current flower room that's also 5*5*7 ft and I plan on throwing my biggest ladies in there right away, so again does anyone have experience with splitting a tent using Panda film
420-magazine-mobile1433208265.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1619746281.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1915649807.jpg
current Veg room

Nice looking girls my very first 2 plants this year were 2 autofloweres back in march lemon haze auto and citrus kush i also have a 5x5 tent 600watt hps only use it to veg tho

Nice looking girls my very first 2 plants this year were 2 autofloweres back in march lemon haze auto and citrus kush i also have a 5x5 tent 600watt hps only use it to veg tho
What's your flower room size then?

I have 3 tents had 4 but donated one to a friend bc he grabbed some clones and some autos, his DARK DEVIL IS 4.5 FT high and branches EVERYWHERE!! BUT one tent is 4*3*7 and 2 tents 5*5*7 one of those has Mars hydro 192 and 250 w HPS, VEG/AUTO TENT, FLOWERING HAS 315W LEC/CMH AND MARS HYDRO 192, MY THIRD TENT IS A DRYING ROOM/SEED POPPING TENT, NO LIGHT'S IN THAT TENT BUT HAVE A 1000 W HPS DIMMABLE BALLEST AND SUPER-LUX BULB

So I have a 5*5*7 ft tent, i have 5 autos and lots of photo fem clones and new beans already growing, I was thinking about splitting up my room I have plenty of lights and everything I need to accomplish it I am just wondering if anyone has tried this or should I break out my old tent 4*3*7 ft tent, I am also close to chop so I am gonna have More space in my current flower room that's also 5*5*7 ft and I plan on throwing my biggest ladies in there right away, so again does anyone have experience with splitting a tent using Panda film

I thought I was bad about run-on sentences, lol. Anyway, if you split your tent in half, you've just halved your flowering space (and, presumably, your production?). I'd go with a separate space for vegetative(/cloning/mother) use. I'd always be just a little bit concerned that the partition - or the adhesive and/or tape that secures it - might fail and allow light leakage.

OtOH, if you want to reduce your flowering space, and have faith in your method of securing (perhaps some kind of waterproof rubber cement, IDK), you could reduce the flowering side to 4'x5' or even 3'x5', I suppose. Do you have two separate entrances to this tent, or are you planning on cutting a new door, too?

I thought I was bad about run-on sentences, lol. Anyway, if you split your tent in half, you've just halved your flowering space (and, presumably, your production?). I'd go with a separate space for vegetative(/cloning/mother) use. I'd always be just a little bit concerned that the partition - or the adhesive and/or tape that secures it - might fail and allow light leakage.

OtOH, if you want to reduce your flowering space, and have faith in your method of securing (perhaps some kind of waterproof rubber cement, IDK), you could reduce the flowering side to 4'x5' or even 3'x5', I suppose. Do you have two separate entrances to this tent, or are you planning on cutting a new door, too?
I already decided against it its just not s smart move its either grab another tent then have 4!! Or just work with what I got

I've seen spaces where the grower partitioned them off, and they worked (most of the time). But, well... I have been known to be a bit of a klutz.

BtW, how much and what kind of light do you flower with in a 25 ft.² (5'x5') space?

I've seen spaces where the grower partitioned them off, and they worked (most of the time). But, well... I have been known to be a bit of a klutz.

BtW, how much and what kind of light do you flower with in a 25 ft.² (5'x5') space?

In flower currently have a LEC/CMH 315w 3100k deep red bulb, and a mars hydro reflector 192 series 2 usually I run a 1000w HPS, but summertime is just to hot even a air cooled hood is!

Ouch, lol. How big of a hit to yield does the Summer lighting cause?

Ouch, lol. How big of a hit to yield does the Summer lighting cause?
Not bad actually have you ever tried a LEC/CMH? they are close to a 600w HPS, but more UV and IR trichs and terepenes counts go sky high bc of that I love that light, but of course my 1000 W HPS will always be my go to

Not bad actually have you ever tried a LEC/CMH?

No, I haven't had the pleasure. I know that ceramic metal halides have been around for years, and that in recent years there has been improvement. Just "a little" out of my budget right now. I started a thread a while back asking about them and people seemed pretty happy with theirs.

I've been a fan of UV in the grow room for a long time. That was one of my motivations way back in the day when I hung a MH on one of the arms of the Sun Circle (I think it was called) light mover, the ability to provide a "high altitude" light spectrum, so to speak. And the Amare Technologies SE350-UVB LED grow light panel that's hanging over my plants right now has an 18" fluorescent bulb in the center, to help make up for the lack of UV output from its 60 little LEDs and six COBs. That reminds me, I need to make it to the local pet store when they're actually open (must be more of a hobby than a business, I guess) to see if they stock ReptiSun "10.0" UVB bulbs. Or something better, assuming there is such a thing, IDK, I don't know anything about raising lizards (so the conversation there ought to be interesting).

I just have a little personal-sized setup these days. I'm well past the point in my life when I could sell cannabis, so I have to support my own venture, lol. Therefore, low wattage and low budget :rolleyes3 . So I just have the one light right now, and it only consumes ~350 watts. I need to add to that, because I need to expand the space slightly (plants got too big, since I started them last Summer/Autumn). I'm looking at adding another 250-400 watts (HPS) or a mess of 4' fluorescents and CFLs. The former would be better, obviously - but I'd have to take a serious look at my total electrical consumption at that point, because I have an old electrical system... Not old as in, "Built in 1972" - old as in "knob & tube" if you know what that is. If not, your grandmother might ;) . I'm pretty sure that I'm already slightly over the 80% capacity mark, and I don't like to push any electrical system past that, but when you only have 30 amps to play with, and like the ability to refrigerate your groceries, well...

No, I haven't had the pleasure. I know that ceramic metal halides have been around for years, and that in recent years there has been improvement. Just "a little" out of my budget right now. I started a thread a while back asking about them and people seemed pretty happy with theirs.

I've been a fan of UV in the grow room for a long time. That was one of my motivations way back in the day when I hung a MH on one of the arms of the Sun Circle (I think it was called) light mover, the ability to provide a "high altitude" light spectrum, so to speak. And the Amare Technologies SE350-UVB LED grow light panel that's hanging over my plants right now has an 18" fluorescent bulb in the center, to help make up for the lack of UV output from its 60 little LEDs and six COBs. That reminds me, I need to make it to the local pet store when they're actually open (must be more of a hobby than a business, I guess) to see if they stock ReptiSun "10.0" UVB bulbs. Or something better, assuming there is such a thing, IDK, I don't know anything about raising lizards (so the conversation there ought to be interesting).

I just have a little personal-sized setup these days. I'm well past the point in my life when I could sell cannabis, so I have to support my own venture, lol. Therefore, low wattage and low budget :rolleyes3 . So I just have the one light right now, and it only consumes ~350 watts. I need to add to that, because I need to expand the space slightly (plants got too big, since I started them last Summer/Autumn). I'm looking at adding another 250-400 watts (HPS) or a mess of 4' fluorescents and CFLs. The former would be better, obviously - but I'd have to take a serious look at my total electrical consumption at that point, because I have an old electrical system... Not old as in, "Built in 1972" - old as in "knob & tube" if you know what that is. If not, your grandmother might ;) . I'm pretty sure that I'm already slightly over the 80% capacity mark, and I don't like to push any electrical system past that, but when you only have 30 amps to play with, and like the ability to refrigerate your groceries, well...

Lec/cmh are probably the best bang for your buck, 315w hid that equals a 600w hid and consume 345 watts total and mine is a air cooled version and can daisy chains them together so my led plugs right into it, the spectrum is amazing, take a look on google

315w hid that equals a 600w hid

I've read that before, but... An expert grower, given the right strain and perfect conditions, can hope to harvest in the neighborhood of a gram per watt from a 600-watt HPS. Realistically, is ~600 grams even possible from a 315-watt CMH?

If so, then I'm impressed. Because that'd be almost 2 g/w. The only person I know of who is capable of consistently harvesting well over 1.0 g/w is that Heath Robinson(?) character. I looked at one of his grows (no, not in person, unfortunately) and it was over 1.3 g/w, IIRC, but that was with multiple HIDs running with no reflectors and hung vertically. And he is probably the expert's expert.

I don't know I honestly don't really go by gram per watt I just hope for beautiful meds that gives me enough til next chop

Back
Top Bottom