Sponsor List Link At Top Of Forum Pages

The sponsor list should now be easily accessible on mobile devices as well as on PCs and laptops, via "Sponsors" on the black menu bar at the top the page.

Yes, it should.

I'm just going to... tentatively accept that this issue is now fixed for 145,614 of 145,615 members, lol, and that the author of my script-blocker must be so anti-420Magazine that he used his add-on to prevent its users from being able to easily see/access the sponsors page.

Seems a bit of a stretch to me. OtOH, at this point in my life, lol, I'm finding it a challenge to accept gravity (especially when stairs are involved ;) ) - yet it still clearly exists.

Yeah, I admit it - I'm still a smart-@ss. But I read the first line (only) of Teddy's post (#20) and jumped the gun by immediately jumping to the top of the page, thinking it'd be pretty obvious. "Hmm... Oh, okay, they must have stuck it in the drop-down '420 Forums' menu (seems logical)." Nope, not there, either.

If I'm really the only one that still isn't able to see the link to the sponsors' page, well, then don't worry about it. I'd be typing the same thing even if the issue was "I cannot see the forum at all." Okay, in that case I wouldn't be able to type it, lol, but I'd be thinking it. It wouldn't be worth the resources to even try to deal with issues that only affect one person out of many thousands, regardless of the size of the issue. That kind of math doesn't take a degree.

And I've discovered a new way to easily(?) find the sponsors' page. Jump to the bottom of the page. Left-click on "Sponsor Guidelines," under 420 Resources. When thread appears, left-click on the green (on my screen, with my eyes) "420 Sponsors" sub-forum link near the top of the page, just below the green horizontal bar that contains the (unopened) white drop-down menus of 420 News, 420 Forums, Science, Medical, et cetera. When that sub-forum appears, left-click on the green (ditto) "Please Visit Our Sponsors" link. And you have now arrived at your destination.

Easy as... pi? Anyone who still has no direct link to the sponsors' page is welcome to follow the above steps to easily get to the aforementioned page.

Er... This is somewhat embarrassing on a personal level. I just realized that I've had a link to the sponsors' page in my <BLEEPING> .SIG all this time :rolleyes: . The lines in my .SIG haven't really looked like links since the forum software change, but maybe I can try to figure out how to make them look more like links than simple sentences next time I wake up without a headache. But, anyway... yeah. And I'm mouthy and opinionated enough that my posts are all over the forum, lol, so... there's your link, folks.

EDIT: Accidentally screwing up a
Code:
[/i] tag
is really annoying with the new software, because it's a bit of a RPITA to edit the post, hit the "Toggle BB Code" option, and hunt down all the
Code:
[i]s
that got inserted before every paragraph past that point, along with every
Code:
[/i]
tag that got added to the end of each paragraph. But all that's on me for screwing up it up to begin with.

EDIT 2:
A weasel hole
Ewwww... ?

I see a link now. It’s not on the black menu bar exactly, but it’s first in the list when I
click on the so called ‘hamburger’ icon, which is on the black menu bar.

Maybe your add blocker blocks links with the word “sponsor” in them as that would probably remove a lot of ads.

Maybe your add blocker blocks links with the word “sponsor” in them as that would probably remove a lot of ads.

I was shaking my head at that one when I thought, "Well... maybe."

Was a good idea, but I just did some ghosting through a few other cannabis-related forums to check on it, and... no.

I'm now reassured that none of my add-ons are intentionally blocking links with the word "sponsor(s)" in them. Which is good to know (IMHO), lol. I wouldn't mind seeing ads from the entities that pay for our forum. Even ads on Internet web sites in general - while annoying as the television commercials that I haven't watched in years - aren't why I run script-blockers.

Anyway, I'm good now that I remembered I've got a built-in link to our sponsors' page on every one of my posts. As long as everyone else can see the one up on top of the page somewhere, that's great.

Back
Top Bottom