Sponsored Grow: Dope Seeds, Do-si-Dos & Wedding Cake, Winter 2021

Bloom, Day 37
The buds are really starting to get big now and they are really starting to suck up a lot of water. I have gone from tolerating watering every 3 days to absolutely needing to be watered every 3 days... I might start coming in every other day just to push more water.

To facilitate the deep cleaning of the room, all the plants were moved to be under the @NextLight MEGA, and the big light was moved down to about a foot from the canopy. It's too bright for me under that massive thing, but the plants seem to like it a lot. This is using @GeoFlora Nutrients and tap water, nothing else. The plants seem to like that too.

Here is Dosido:

DSCF9396.JPG

And here is Wedding Cake, yum :

DSCF9397.JPG

Bloom, Day 47

As of tomorrow, we are in the harvest window for the Wedding Cake, due at 7 weeks. Starting the bloom count on the first day of actual flowering has brought us to this point, and the breeder's recommendation seems to be accurate. Sometime in the next few days, certainly within this next week, Wedding Cake will be ready for harvest. Her buds are tightening up very nicely and are rock hard. I have already started pulling some of the big sugar leaves that are getting in the way of bud development, as we allow her to continue to wind down.
DSCF9462.JPG
DSCF9461.JPG

All of the plants, including the DosiDos who should be finishing up a week or a week and a half after these, are still using a good amount of water, and no end of run slowdown has yet been noted. The plants are maintaining good color with the exceptions of the leaves that are in the way of the buds, and the plants appear to be trying to self prune some of them or its a very strong need for potassium here at the end. The plants have gotten their final dosage of @GeoFlora Nutrients as it is not called for in the last two weeks, and this letting the plants feed off of their reserves is a new technique for me... but as you can see, I am letting it ride. The buds do not seem be suffering at all from this, and I have saved 3 cups of Geoflora for the next round.

DSCF9460.JPG
DSCF9459.JPG

I mentioned another psychedelia poster that I had in the grow area in another thread, and promised to show a picture of it when I updated here today. This is the view of the bloom room after the 12 hours of light are over... the door is closed and the mess behind the door is revealed.

DSCF9463.JPG

I am going to get more of those posters... I especially like the fuzzy ones, but that may change once I get a black light.

Bloom, Day 51
The girls are just about ready. I could justify pulling the Wedding Cakes today showing about 1% amber at the top, but I am going to wait a few more days... one more watering I thought... about 3 more days. The Dosidos might go a bit longer... I will decide then. So far, no water lull, they all took what they normally would in 3 days... we are still finishing out. I owe some pictures, but the lights went out on me... tomorrow I will catch up.

Bloom, Day 53
I am definitely starting to see amber at the top of each of our strains, with the Dosido actually in the lead, but I am still not willing to call it, just yet. Water usage has slowed down suddenly... the girls know it too. It is just about time. We continue on for another day or two, just to see what happens. There are still some white pistils, and this too gives me pause. It is an uglier finish than I am used to, with all the dying leaves, and this is new to me, this stopping the incoming microbes and nutrient for the last two weeks. The buds themselves don't appear to be starving and I suspect that these rock hard nugs are going to be very potent. This might actually become another positive feature of growing with @GeoFlora Nutrients, and that by not feeding the plants on that last 2 weeks of the grow the system allows the plant to clean up and throw its all into the last stage of the ripening buds. All of these years advocating against starving the plants in the last two weeks and now Geoflora is showing me that there might possibly be a better way... even when growing organically. It seems I am going to get another lesson in how to finish out my plants as I watch these girls wind down.

DSCF9494.JPG
DSCF9493.JPG
DSCF9492.JPG

no backbuild cut:
DSCF9491.JPG
DSCF9490.JPG

The effect of a backbuild cut back in week 5:
DSCF9489.JPG

Bloom, Day 58
An inspection last night shows that the entire room has finished up. The light went off at 7pm for the last time, and now it will stay off for 36 hours as we give the plants one last chance to throw their all into this thing. At 7am on Tuesday morning I will chop them all and hang them upside down. Tuesday night we will wash and trim them, preparing for a slow dry in the drying tent in the soggy rainy high humidity weather we are presently having in Missouri. I will get some microscope pictures this evening... but until then, we stay in the dark.

Harvest!

It took 3 of us a total of 6 hours to chop, trim, weigh and wash these 5 plants. The buds are all rock hard and beautiful and bud washing really brightened them up. Since there wasn't a large effort to produce massive amounts of product on this run, but just survive the bugs and just get to harvest, the final yields were not overly impressive, but they were adequate, and the quality of the buds is going to make up for any loss in weight as compared to what we might have been able to produce from these plants. The buds were all super sticky and fairly easy to clean... there is going to be a lot of bag appeal to this pot.

So here it is... first trimmed, then washed in a 5 gallon bucket of hot water, with 1/4 cup of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of baking soda mixed in. Then it was washed in a bucket with 1/4 cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide mixed in, and then finally rinsed in a bathtub full of plain water. From the rinse water they went onto plastic hangers and were hung on a portable laundry rack in a spare bathroom so they could be in the dark with a gentle breeze evaporating away all of this bud washing water, before we go into a slow dry tomorrow.

Here is 12 oz dry weight of pot harvested this evening:

DSCF9515.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom