Sponsored Grow: Dope Seeds, Do-si-Dos & Wedding Cake, Winter 2021

We are underway again... the new seeds are starting to sprout! At the moment we have 2 wedding cakes and 2 do-so-dos up and one more WC thinking about it. Things are so much better when you don't start out with bugs!

DSCF9032.JPG
DSCF9031.JPG

Lets now see if the seedlings can catch up with our wedding cake bug survivor!

DSCF9011.JPG
:woohoo::theband::party::headbanger:Looking good Em, bummer about the bugs :nervous-guy: I hate bugs

A quick update on the girls. One of the DSD's didn't come up, but we have ended up with 2 and 2 of the DSD and WC. The seedlings just got their first feeding of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG and the formerly bug ridden and almost dead Wedding Cake is now thriving and getting ready to drain its cup for the first time ever.
DSCF9040.JPG
DSCF9039.JPG

What a difference 10 days or so makes! The girls are coming along fine now, and as predicted, our recovering wedding cake and our wedding cake from seed are just about equal in size now, the first still being just a little taller. Surface area of the leaves being considered, I think our new girl from seed is now in the lead.

DSCF9067.JPG

The Dosidos are doing great too! We should be ready to move up to 1 gallon containers very soon... still at about a 2-2.5 day wet/dry cycle. We are still fighting gnats in the veg room too, but they are not nearly as out of control now. Another couple of doses of mosquito bit soaked water and I think we will have them beat.

DSCF9066.JPG

Going to tag along to your grow emilya, interesting to see so many sponsored grows lately and just so happens I have a stock of the brand dope seeds around here as well that I haven't gotten into yet, maybe soon.

Sorry to see you had a pest issue that took some lives, hope all is well and back on track for you.

Day 24, Veg
Well, on the new girls anyway. The older and formerly bug ridden Wedding Cake is about a month older than the rest, but as of today we are pretty much all caught up with each other. The older one is still recovering and does not have the root system that the rest of them have, but she is working on it. Hopefully today's action will help her along.

DSCF9075.JPG

Today they all got transplanted to 1 gallon cloth containers... the young ones had hit the benchmark of draining their cups in 36 hours or less. They were all given 1/3 cup of @GeoFlora Nutrients and slowly watered to runoff.

DSCF9074.JPG
DSCF9073.JPG
DSCF9072.JPG

Looking good emilya, a couple of those small plants have some really large fan leaves. Love it

geoflora feed schedule for 1 gallon pot is 1/8 of a cup and 3 gallon pot is 1/3 of a cup - is this to jump start them in the new container?
I will say yes, but honestly, I messed up and gave them the extra amount in a morning Durban Poison fog, just automatically giving them what I had been giving the 3 gallon containers because that scoop was in the VEG bag. Its a good thing that these are not traditional nutrients that might have overloaded the plants, but instead they just got a good helping of raw nutrients to re-energize the soil, along with a lot more microbes than would have been necessary for the 1 gallon container. You can never have too many beneficial microbes, and at this point in the grow a little extra available Nitrogen is not going to hurt things much. The worst that has happened is that I wasted some of my money by overfeeding, when the recommended dosage would have worked just fine. Thanks for noticing this for me though... much appreciation for the check and the concern.

Day 28, Veg
Things are really going well now, and there seems to be no adverse reaction to the overfeeding. They appear to be strongly growing and soon they are all going to want to be out of these 1 gallon containers. Also, both wedding cakes are almost identical in height now, and the formerly sick one is getting back her good color. It seems pretty clear now that we will be going into bloom with 2 of each. We are still at the 2 to 2.5 days between waterings but I suspect another week is going to change that and I will have no choice but to uppot.

Onward and upward.... things are moving quickly now.

Here are the girls... first the Wedding Cakes

DSCF9081.JPG

And next, here are the Dosidos.

DSCF9082.JPG

Veg, Day 31
Things are going very well. We are midway through this feeding cycle and several days into the wet/dry cycle. Our formerly sick Wedding Cake is now exactly the same height as its sister, and it is now getting some good color instead of that sickly yellowish tint it had while suffering with damaged roots. The only problem is that the recovering WC is way ahead of its younger sister as far as node development. It is well into alternating nodes and topping it now is not going to have the same effect as topping the younger plant that is now sending up node 6. It is what it is, and the two plants will end up taking two different shapes.

The DosiDos are really looking strong and they are ready to be topped too. I may go Uncle Ben's just to slow things down a bit while I wait for the mother room to clean out and then I can run two independent veg rooms and have room for an upcoming project.

DSCF9094.JPG
DSCF9093.JPG

I decided to LST 2 of the plants in the room and have bent them over with a gardening hoop for their first lesson. The rest of them, both Dosi's and one of the Wedding Cakes, got the Uncle Ben cut. We are going for maximum yield, and as short and most weight bearing as possible.

DSCF9099.JPG
DSCF9098.JPG
DSCF9097.JPG
DSCF9096.JPG
DSCF9095.JPG
Looking good em!

The plants have recovered rapidly from the Uncle Ben cut and all the bending. Huge amounts of growth were observed in just 24 hours, and it necessitated some additional training tonight to remove dominance from the top nodes. With a combination of short hoops and long ones, we have managed to tame the wild things once again. As a side note, our formerly sick Wedding Cake seems to have fully recovered all of her good green color and she seems to actually enjoy the LST. It takes all kinds to make a world as they say, and since she likes this so much we will definitely indulge her little fetish and see if we can make her bigger than her Uncle Ben topped sister.

Both of the Dosi's are responding well to the Uncle Ben cut also, but we have one large and one small plant at the moment. We will see what a few watering cycles do to even things out there.

DSCF9106.JPG
DSCF9105.JPG
DSCF9104.JPG
DSCF9103.JPG

All has evened out remarkably well and all of the plants are responding well to their topping and/or LST treatments. The wet/dry cycle is getting very close to 24-36 hours now, and this next watering might be the one that does it. Then we will be looking toward uppotting them to their final containers, of at least 5 gallon, maybe bigger and moving them out of the veg room #1 as soon as possible since we have a GSC grow about to invade that room. The plan is to move the mothers outside as spring takes hold here in Missouri, and move these over to that room while they prepare for bloom.

Here are a couple of quick shots as I finished up the LST for this evening and tomorrow for sure they are going to need a good feed and water.
DSCF9112.JPG
DSCF9111.JPG

Looking good in there Em :passitleft:
I'm also waiting for some GSC to show up and WeeGrow is sending a couple of their Q-1000's to me...finally got some LEDs to play with :high-five: I have 2 TS 600's from MarsHydro, and now 2 Q-1000's they're about the same size, so we'll see how the do

Veg, Day 42
The new plants from seed and the old plants being LST'd are now pretty much at the same place and ready to move on. Last night they got their two week feeding and a very complete watering, even coming back a few hours later to top off to runoff again, using mosquito dunk water, to once again go after the remaining fungus gnats. One plant, the old Hippy Hash, still was fighting the original FG problem, and because it was in the room, the other plants now are trying to breed a new generation of the evil bugs. This application today should stop the new eggs from hatching and kill the larvae under the soil.

I am not going to go too crazy with the training of these plants. I will soon move them into 3 gallon containers and move them into the soon to be emptied, mother room in order to get ready for even larger containers to go to bloom with and we will be going to bloom as soon as these 4 plants are ready... maybe in another month.

The training is going well and the color is great, even on the formerly fungus gnat infected plants. Geoflora and Dynomyco are doing a great job with these plants and zero deficiencies can be seen. We are still simply using tap water that has been pumped into a 2000L barrel with one Vitamin C tablet broken up into it to kill some of the chlorine.

DSCF9117.JPG

DSCF9116.JPG

DSCF9115.JPG

DSCF9114.JPG

DSCF9113.JPG

DSCF9112.JPG

DSCF9111.JPG

Veg, Day 45
Today was watering day. The plants are still on a 3 day wet/dry cycle and I refuse to uppot them until they can do better. It is ok though, because the Uncle Ben cuts and even the two LST'd plants are really stepping up the growth at this point, and I would bet by the end of next week we will be putting them in larger containers and moving them to Veg Room #2 to make room for the GSC grow coming up. We will veg these until they are fully moved into their larger containers, and then I plan on sticking them in the bloom room too, under my COB light.

DSCF9133.JPG
DSCF9132.JPG
DSCF9131.JPG
DSCF9130.JPG

The next day did in fact produce a tremendous growth spurt... all the plants are suddenly twice as big as they were the day before and are now being watered normally... except for this morning. I broke all of my rules and watered again, just a little bit... just enough to rewet and re-water in the Geoflora VEG from yesterday. Now I am going to sit on my hands and wait for the cups to actually need water again.

20201231_071302.jpg
20201231_071320.jpg
20201231_071311.jpg
First off you got this EM can't wait to see the progress!!( edit* didn't notice this was made a few months ago)This does makes me wonder if I have my light too close. I was worried about stretching so I dropped the light a bit buttttttt..... its a good while since I've grown so I haven't a clue. Happy growing everyone.

All has evened out remarkably well and all of the plants are responding well to their topping and/or LST treatments. The wet/dry cycle is getting very close to 24-36 hours now, and this next watering might be the one that does it. Then we will be looking toward uppotting them to their final containers, of at least 5 gallon, maybe bigger and moving them out of the veg room #1 as soon as possible since we have a GSC grow about to invade that room. The plan is to move the mothers outside as spring takes hold here in Missouri, and move these over to that room while they prepare for bloom.

Here are a couple of quick shots as I finished up the LST for this evening and tomorrow for sure they are going to need a good feed and water.
DSCF9112.JPG
DSCF9111.JPG
Show me native here just wanted to say hey again from SEMO

Back
Top Bottom