Sponsored Grow: Dope Seeds, Do-si-Dos & Wedding Cake, Winter 2021

20201219_082546.jpg
On December 19th I dropped 3 seeds of each of these varieties into a solo cup of tap water. 36 hours later, activity was seen in all of the seeds and on December 21st they were planted one inch deep into Happy Frog soil, in similar sized SOLO cups.

The seeds were strong and quickly the new seedlings made their way to the surface, giving me a 100% success rate of getting them above ground. Yesterday was Day 4 above ground and last night they needed their first full watering of the solo cups, and along with the water, I gave them their first feeding and dose of microbes by giving them 1/2 teaspoon of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG. I will get pictures of them today and we will see how they are doing. I expect an immediate growth spurt.

I would like to invite some friends to join this journal who are also growing these seeds: @StoneOtter @MochaBud @johnnystackz @oldsmokey ... I hope I didn't forget anyone.

The next day did in fact produce a tremendous growth spurt... all the plants are suddenly twice as big as they were the day before and are now being watered normally... except for this morning. I broke all of my rules and watered again, just a little bit... just enough to rewet and re-water in the Geoflora VEG from yesterday. Now I am going to sit on my hands and wait for the cups to actually need water again.

20201231_071302.jpg
20201231_071320.jpg
20201231_071311.jpg

The next day did in fact produce a tremendous growth spurt... all the plants are suddenly twice as big as they were the day before and are now being watered normally... except for this morning. I broke all of my rules and watered again, just a little bit... just enough to rewet and re-water in the Geoflora VEG from yesterday. Now I am going to sit on my hands and wait for the cups to actually need water again.

20201231_071302.jpg
20201231_071320.jpg
20201231_071311.jpg
Happy new year Emilya and may you have many more :peace:
Nice job on babies , a before and after would have been really sweet :morenutes:
They look happy :) :goodjob:

a before and after would have been really sweet
Yes, I know. If it doesn't have a picture, it didn't really happen. Unfortunately, on that day, taking a picture was not an option, however I will try to do much better from here on out!

Today the sprigs are all looking strong and still wet enough not to need any water. There is a little bit of funny coloration going on all around the table, but I believe it to be the organics beginning to kick in, and nothing to worry about. Again, overnight the rapid growth is obvious.

The plan is to move all of these into 1g smart pots (cloth bags) when they need transplanting, which may be as soon as a week from now as fast as these are growing. For now I am carefully monitoring the water usage and slowly edging the light intensity up. The array is pumping out 150w of light at the moment, for a LUX around 22k.

DSCF8936.JPG
DSCF8935.JPG
DSCF8924.JPG

Man, have I lost some time on this one! Out of that last batch planted, only one wedding cake has made it through the great fungus gnat infestation of 2021. She looks strong now and to help her get back on her roots, I am watering her as if she were a seedling for now. Her color is coming back and she is getting bigger. It might have been ugly, but she is going to make it, and oftentimes these survivors, these fighters, are the best plants in the room.

DSCF9011.JPG

We successfully fought off the gnats, but lost all 3 Do-Si-Dos and 2 wedding cakes. Never fear, there were 2 more seeds of each, and they were planted into soil on Saturday. I suspect that all 4 of these will be up in the next day or so, and now, having solved all of the issues we were fighting the last month or so, we are ready to go.

DSCF9021.JPG

Back
Top Bottom