Sponsored Grow: Dr Seedsman 30:1 CBD & Critical Purple Kush Powered By Giixer LED Grow Lights

HugePeckerhead

Hi guys and gals. I was given the honor to test and review a grow light from our sponsor @Giixer . I'm being sent their 1000 watt unit to review and document a full grow. I am very excited to receive this light and get it started. First off I'll review the unboxing, followed by the set-up as well. I'll be doing the entire grow strictly under the light as well. With that being said I'd like to thank @Giixer again for the opportunity to be able to be apart of this.

Here's some information on the light I was able to find. I must say though with a price tag well below $100 USD if the light performs as it states then this is a great and very affordable light for even the master growers.
Screenshot_20191125-121343.png
Screenshot_20191125-121235.png
Screenshot_20191125-121241.png
Screenshot_20191125-121251.png
Screenshot_20191125-121322.png

The strains I'll be using for this grow are both by Seedsman's. First up is Dr Seedsman's 30:1 CBD. This is my first grow with a plant that has higher CBD levels compared to THC levels. This plant has the chance to be a mother in m my household. The second strain on the list is Critical Purple Kush. Below is a little information on each strain from Seedsman's themselves.
Screenshot_20191119-024310.png
Screenshot_20191119-024142.png

In this grow I am dedicating a 3*3 tent for the light all by itself. I will be using Fox Farm Ocean Forest as my medium and their trio of nutes for feeds. Here's the schedule I will be following for feeds. I feed once a week and water once a week. Schedule is followed perfectly unless I see visible signs of needing more or less. With Fox Farm I usually get to about week 3 before first feed begins.
Screenshot_20191121-030621_kindlephoto-25431696.png

My goal in this grow: I don't want to compare it to any individual brands on the market. My main thing I look for in a product is if it works and how well it does work. If you can get the same or better results for half the price of something doing the same thing. The question becomes simple....what are you waiting for? Unfortunately, I can't test how long the product works for but I can tell if the product is still functioning properly as it was when I first started using it.

My light arrived today in the mail. Extremely fast shipping from the time it was sent out. One thing I was worried about was the outer box showing it was a grow light of some kind. The box didn't have any kind of advertisement besides the shipping labels so that is an A plus all around on shipping and delivery.
IMG_20191127_104807.jpg

Upon opening the box I was looking to see how well the light is protected. We all know at least here in America how terrible delivery drivers can be. The inside contained another box surrounded by large plastic packaging materials to help keep the light safe.
IMG_20191127_104850.jpg

Opening the box to reveal the light and accessories, it was encased in Styrofoam for extra protection. The box contains one Giixer LED unit, one thermometer/hydrometer, one power cord, one ratchet hanger and one set of cables to attach the light to the ratchet hanger. It also includes an insert that contains specifications about the light.
IMG_20191127_105005.jpg

Setting up the light was very easy as well. Attach the cables to the back of the light. Set your ratchet hanger to suggested height depending where you are at in the plant's life. Hang your light from the ratchet hanger and plug it into power. That's it and you're good to go.
IMG_20191127_105102.jpg

Things that immediately stood out to me in a positive way. Protective plastic over the LED surfaces. Daisy chain function. Long enough power cord. They provided one ratchet hanger but I used two to keep the light where I want it. This can be easily done.
received_2688166117888795.jpeg

Very nice light. Brighter then I thought it was going to be that's for sure. On the left I have Dr. Seedsman's 30:1 CBD and the right is Critical Purple Kush. They are in a 3x3 tent. Temp not correct yet on thermometer. I just put it in a few minutes ago. I wanted to say thanks again to @Giixer for allowing to be apart of the grow.

Count me in for the ride, it’ll be interesting to see what those lights are capable of.

Ya I like how a lot of the companies are starting to go the smd route, should grow some beauties.

Ya I like how a lot of the companies are starting to go the smd route, should grow some beauties.
I was going to put it up against my other lights like other people are doing. I didn't see the point. I just want to know how well the light works. There's a few of the strains I have going so we'll get a good idea how well it did.

Plants are growing as they should. Coming along nicely. I'll be getting their new pots ready by the end of this week.
received_2839387796113333.jpeg
received_743077892861673.jpeg
Gotta day, I am very surprised at how well these lights are performing. Keep it up Pecker! ( The grow of course) :laugh:

Yea me too. Not only are the seedlings growing well so far, it stays quiet and overall not hot either. So far so good. Hey my fiancee calls me a peckerhead like a million times a day so I'm used to it.
I like to give my friends on here nick names. From now on you’ll be Pecker lmao

It's nice not having to turn your light off to take normal nonblurple pictures. Plants are taking to quarter strength feeds. I'll be bumping it to half dosage this week coming up. I should have the fabric pots any day now. Will be transplanting by next week.

Back
Top Bottom