I'm on board! This light was on my list, while I was researching LEDs.

Can you post a pic of "actual watts" for us?

Plus, Doc Buds Hi-Brix is on my agenda for this summer as well.
I'll try to get my hands on a Kill-A-Watt to measure the actual draw, however, the draw from the wall at full power should be right around 630w. Because it uses the "Pulse Width Modulation", as the intensities of each channel decreases, it should also reduce the power draw from the wall.

It would be interesting to see if, for example, running all channels at 50% reduces the 630w by 50% down to 315w and maybe play with the intensity settings just to see how it effected the power draw.

Interested M Krip.
I also have a controller can dim and do sunset sunrise but the spectrum seperation and timing, thats cool as....
Tuned in....

I'm in. One thing I'd caution you about is the built in timer. I had the XL-750 for a while and after learning how to program it I set the on/off times. What I didn't realize is there is a power outage the light will ignore your on/off times. For example if the came on at 6 am and off at 5 pm and the power goes out and back on for any length of time between 6-5 the light will ignore the off time and stay on until the next day at 5 pm. This use to drive me crazy and I ended up having to not use that feature and plug the light into a timer. The light will perform though, I've had some of my highest terpene tests come from under that light and that was testing a known strain. Overall it's one of the better blurples out there.

Im here Krip! Very nice looking light. I have seen the Kind Lights at local shops but had not seen anyone grow with one (that I knew about anyways). I see Neiko has one so I guess I was wrong about that lol. I too was put off by the cost. I hope it does everything you need it to do bud! I am intrigued the light was shipped to you by another grower.

Interested M Krip.
I also have a controller can dim and do sunset sunrise but the spectrum seperation and timing, thats cool as....
Tuned in....
Yes, it is very cool! :thumb:

I'm going to talk to Kind to better understand what, other than the UV & IR, are on the C-channel. I believe there is white light also. If the IR was on it's own channel, assuming there was enough IR light, you could program in the "Emmerson Effect" which would be even cooler! :nerd-with-glasses:

I'm in. One thing I'd caution you about is the built in timer. I had the XL-750 for a while and after learning how to program it I set the on/off times. What I didn't realize is there is a power outage the light will ignore your on/off times. For example if the came on at 6 am and off at 5 pm and the power goes out and back on for any length of time between 6-5 the light will ignore the off time and stay on until the next day at 5 pm. This use to drive me crazy and I ended up having to not use that feature and plug the light into a timer. The light will perform though, I've had some of my highest terpene tests come from under that light and that was testing a known strain. Overall it's one of the better blurples out there.

That's interesting info about the timers! :thanks:

I'm going to have to test that at some point, if the weather here doesn't test it for me first. We do get a lot of "brown-outs" here, especially in summer. It was a concern of mine and the reason I never use the digital timers (only the manual/push-pin ones).

I did see that when you turn the unit off/on, it does retain the time and timer settings and assumed it had some internal storage and/or battery that remembered the settings; but I guess it's possible it was still drawing some power from the wall even in off mode or a "hard" interruption in power screws them up? :hmmmm:

Im here Krip! Very nice looking light. I have seen the Kind Lights at local shops but had not seen anyone grow with one (that I knew about anyways). I see Neiko has one so I guess I was wrong about that lol. I too was put off by the cost. I hope it does everything you need it to do bud! I am intrigued the light was shipped to you by another grower.
Glad you made it, Brother, and I knew you'd find you're way here! :high-five:

The other grower who shipped the light was the last one of the two that was supposed to do a sponsored journal but never completed it. This same light went to two other growers before me and neither completed their journals! ;)

QUICK UPDATE & SOME LIGHT PICS

The plants just got a Transplant Drench literally five minutes before these pics were taken, so a few are a little droopy since the pots were quite dry. I was anticipating another couple of weeks before up-potting but, since they're starting to drink rather quickly, I may up-pot them this weekend.

Here is the group:

One of the Bubba Hash:

One of the Orient Express (looking very Sativa-ish and already putting out 9-fingered leaves):

And, here are a couple shots of the light:

Total of eight cooling fans:

And, an LED display (currently showing the A-bank running at 80%). The four buttons on the right can be used to switch modes and program the light without using the remote control:

And, just a quick note about the remote...I had mentioned that I really liked this feature, and I do! It's very nice to be able to turn the light on & off, program, and control the other functions without having to lean over the plants! :thumb:

Happy Harvests!

K

The other grower who shipped the light was the last one of the two that was supposed to do a sponsored journal but never completed it. This same light went to two other growers before me and neither completed their journals! ;)
Daaaammmnnn....so It must have like some sort of possessed Christine car thing going on..... Something we should know? Where are the bodies Mr. Krip....
lol

Looking forward to the show.
LR72

I have the Kind K5 750 watt and have had it four four years in June. I’m on my second grow in 420 magazine. I searched 420 and could not find another Kind LED in here . I complained to Kind and you wouldn’t believe all the grows they sent me on utube. Neighbor has four of them the 1000w . Can’t check his out cause I can’t get him to join you can bet he’s been through 100 threads in here !
I’m in for this grow , and you can see me screwup my programming of the light in my thread !

It also has an auto run schedule with one touch your in a veg cycle !
Thank you for bringing that up since I did forget to mention it! :thanks:

As Brother Hippie pointed out, the light does come pre-programmed with a veg schedule that runs from 4:00pm to 10:00am and has a lot more program changes than the eight per-channel you can manually program but probably comes closer to mimicking the actual sun:

I like giving more light to the plants to veg faster, which is why I usually veg under 24/0, and didn't want to start the day at 4:00pm (or, purposely mis-set the clock to start on my schedule).

I should also note that Kind gives some recommended manual program settings for the different stages of the plants development and, technically speaking, I'm using more reds at this stage than they recommend.

Thank you for bringing that up since I did forget to mention it! :thanks:

As Brother Hippie pointed out, the light does come pre-programmed with a veg schedule that runs from 4:00pm to 10:00am and has a lot more program changes than the eight you can manually program:

I like giving more light to the plants to veg faster, which is why I usually veg under 24/0, and didn't want to start the day at 4:00pm (or, purposely mis-set the clock to start on my schedule).

I should also note that Kind gives some recommended manual program settings for the different stages of the plants development and, technically speaking, I'm using more reds at this stage than they recommend.
I didn’t like the hours myself, my coop electrical gives 15% discount if we shut down between 4pm-8pm so I would use what they wanted in red and run white and blue at 100% , but this new grow I followed what they wanted . I liked the way the auto looked like clouds passing by !

When I was running it they weren't a sponsor and I got hands spanked for mentioning it.

That's interesting info about the timers! :thanks:

I'm going to have to test that at some point, if the weather here doesn't test it for me first. We do get a lot of "brown-outs" here, especially in summer. It was a concern of mine and the reason I never use the digital timers (only the manual/push-pin ones).

I did see that when you turn the unit off/on, it does retain the time and timer settings and assumed it had some internal storage and/or battery that remembered the settings; but I guess it's possible it was still drawing some power from the wall even in off mode or a "hard" interruption in power screws them up? :hmmmm:

The light I had was one of the 1st K5 models. Try unplugging it right before lights out and see if it does shut off like it's supposed to. I got to think enough people complained that it got fixed by now.

Ooh scurse me professor, traffic on the 15 was a nightmare. I’ll just take this empty seat here if that’s cool:cool:
Headed back to the beginning to get caught up! Excited for this one

Back
Top Bottom