Wow Krip...nice goin man!
So tasty lookin......lemony?
Thanks, Brother! I haven't sampled the PCake, yet, since I really want to give it a good cure, first. The buds smelled like coffee ice cream and hash all through flower and, now that they're curing, have a skunky smell forming.

You know I have grown out Grape Marmalade and Sugar Cane (both Platinum crosses) and was kind of let down with both. My Slurricane was nicer than either and I really expected the Sugar Cane to take the cake since it is Slurry with the Platinum. I have more seeds of both and hope that when I get back into them that I find a real winner.
I'm starting to believe that, with IHG gear, there's at least one keeper in every pack! :goodluck:

I just bought a pack of the slurricane last week. Couldn’t pass them up. Lol. (Like so many seeds here lately). But they were 30% off and the freebies are gonna be some fire too. Let me go check and see what the freebies were real quick.....GMOx Sunset Sherbert from inhouse also. $140. Thought I probably wouldn’t see that deal again so I jumped. Lol

I hope you kept a cut of that one, Bro! :yummy:

I did! it is the cut I have run ever since. It has not performed quite as well in the frost department since the first run, but it tends to always yield well and the buds are stupid dense!

I just bought a pack of the slurricane last week. Couldn’t pass them up. Lol. (Like so many seeds here lately). But they were 30% off and the freebies are gonna be some fire too. Let me go check and see what the freebies were real quick.....GMOx Sunset Sherbert from inhouse also. $140. Thought I probably wouldn’t see that deal again so I jumped. Lol

Those are some nice freebies! I bought my pack for $140 as well during their first drop! Still glad I grabbed them. Did you grab just Slurricane or was it the Slurricane IX or the Slurricane 7?

I did! it is the cut I have run ever since. It has not performed quite as well in the frost department since the first run, but it tends to always yield well and the buds are stupid dense!

Those are some nice freebies! I bought my pack for $140 as well during their first drop! Still glad I grabbed them. Did you grab just Slurricane or was it the Slurricane IX or the Slurricane 7?
Just slurricane

DRY ORIENT EXPRESS BUDS

The Orient Express, as I mentioned previously, is pretty disappointing, especially after posting those PCake buds.

The buds are all pretty airy and even the larger buds are pretty light-weight.

I kept about a half oz. (didn't weight it!) and put the rest (about 3 - 3 1/2 oz. not weighed!) into the trim jar for RSO. It wasn't even worth keeping for the smoke and, even the buds I kept aren't that impressive. I just wanted to keep something from it to smoke but I imagine most will be ground and mixed with some of the "good stuff".

Here are a couple of dried OE pics:

The Bubba Hash still has a ways to go before those buds are dry and I'll get pics with a weight on those up ASAP.

Happy Harvests!

K

Hey brother Krip! :rollit:Great looking buds! PC looks amazing!
Thanks for posting all the good as well as the not so good - it's a reminder to all of us how important good genetics are. As much as good cultivation skills are important, good genetics is where it all starts.

ALMOST DRY BUBBA HASH BUDS

It's been almost three weeks in the fridge and the Bubba Hash buds still probably have another week to dry so it's still way too early for even preliminary weights. They are just some big, dense, nugs that are loaded with trichomes and have these very bright orange hairs you'll see in the pics below.

I've moved the buds to two large paper shopping bags (with the tops cut down to make the shorter) and am now leaving them out open for a few hours, then moving back to the fridge open, etc. to help start speeding up the drying process.

Here are the buds:

Happy Harvests!

K

BUBBA HASH UPDATE

Tomorrow will be four weeks since harvesting the Bubba Hash and, with the low & slow, they were just dry enough to jar, except, there's way too much to jar, so I used a 5 gallon turkey bag in a food-safe 5-gallon bucket.

The RH is still at 74% so I'm leaving the bucket open, for now, but it was a chance to get some more pics and a preliminary weight.

Here's the nice bag o' buds:

In the bucket:

Closer shot:

They're smelling great but I still haven't done a real sample (other than that one bud that fell out of the bag and dried quick in the fridge with the heavy limonene terps.

The current weight, including the turkey bag, is 372 g. Final weights in another week, or so but I think my 11-12 oz. estimate will be pretty close! :slide:

Happy Harvests!

K

Good looking nugs brother! That's a great haul. Hoping the limonene terps hang around for ya!

Very nice! A turkey bag and bucket are so much easier to handle than a bunch of jars.
Yeah, it's a LOT easier when you start getting over 10 z's of the same strain (which would usually fit in two 1/2 gallon jars). Problem is, I've been growing 3-4 different strains at-a-time so I've been using the jars. The Bubba Hash is the first time I had three plants of the same strain harvested at the same time since I was running the SOG! :rolleyes:

After this round, where I'm growing out the different mothers, I'm gonna try to limit to one or two strains only, but we'll see how that goes! :rofl:

BUBBA HASH - DRY WEIGHT UPDATE

The Bubba Hash is now at 68% RH and weighing in at 325 g's. Probably another 5 days, or so, until we're down to 62% and ready for the final weigh-in.

The buds look and smell great and I'm very happy with the quality and yield!

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom