Sponsored Grow: Krip Keepers Frost Fest Featuring Mars SP-250 In Mars 4' x 4' Tent

Thanks, everyone! :thanks:

Dang surprises! They are all looking really good right now. Can’t wait to see them explode in the bigger pots!
Hmmmm.
Spill please...
Come on no surprises! Where’s the spoiler!

Looking great Krip! I’m loving my SP150s so I’m sure you will be happy with those SP-250!

Onwards and upwards my friend

Well, the surprise hasn't shown up, yet, and not sure I can wait much longer to up-pot, so it may have to wait which means, it stays a surprise for a while longer! :rofl:

:sorry:

QUICK UPDATE - GETTING BRIXY

The girls are finally starting to really hook up with the high brix soil and are starting to look pretty good but really do need to get up-potted soon and I'm gonna try to do that in the next couple/few days.

Here are some group pics under the SP-250's:

And, the group under more natural light:

Platinum Cake (for some reason looks droopy in this pic but looks much better in person! :hmmmm: ):

Blackwater:

Platinum Kush Breath:

Dolato #2:

Dolato #1:

Happy Harvests!

K

Man I am surprised you have those girls looking that good in 1s! Those girls are beasts! They will explode for sure as soon as they get put in bigger pots. How often are you watering?
Thanks, Brother! :thanks:

Yeah, at this point, I'm watering about every 15 minutes! :rofl:

Actually, it's every two days but I'm gonna get these up-potted in the next couple of days and I do expect them to take off quick, so I was thinking last night about how long I really should wait before flipping. The PCake is the youngest of all the plants and if you checkout it's stalk in the pics above, it's about 1/6 the diameter of the #1 container it's in! :morenutes:

Ever have to Recharge a #1? :hmmmm:

QUICK UPDATE - GETTING BRIXY

The girls are finally starting to really hook up with the high brix soil and are starting to look pretty good but really do need to get up-potted soon and I'm gonna try to do that in the next couple/few days.

Here are some group pics under the SP-250's:

And, the group under more natural light:

Platinum Cake (for some reason looks droopy in this pic but looks much better in person! :hmmmm: ):

Blackwater:

Platinum Kush Breath:

Dolato #2:

Dolato #1:

Happy Harvests!

K

Looking pretty good @Mr. Krip ...

The drooping and the color along the leaf edges and the leaf tips ... is that over fertilization? ... or is it just the plant saying it needs to be up potted?

Once the plants are transplanted they will flourish rapidly right?

Do you like to transplant in stages? Or go right into the final pot?

Thanks, Brother! :thanks:

Yeah, at this point, I'm watering about every 15 minutes! :rofl:

Actually, it's every two days but I'm gonna get these up-potted in the next couple of days and I do expect them to take off quick, so I was thinking last night about how long I really should wait before flipping. The PCake is the youngest of all the plants and if you checkout it's stalk in the pics above, it's about 1/6 the diameter of the #1 container it's in! :morenutes:

Ever have to Recharge a #1? :hmmmm:

I have never recharged a 1 bud. I am surprised they are not drinking every day. They have to be close to filling those containers with roots completely! I would be very happy with plants looking that good in 1s whilst being that large.

Looking pretty good @Mr. Krip ...

The drooping and the color along the leaf edges and the leaf tips ... is that over fertilization? ... or is it just the plant saying it needs to be up potted?

Once the plants are transplanted they will flourish rapidly right?

Do you like to transplant in stages? Or go right into the final pot?
Well, they're not really drooping, at all. The solo shot of the PCake makes it look a little "droopy" but you can see from the group shots that she's really not.

These plants all started as Bonsais in 4" containers for about 3-6 months (depending on which plant) before putting in the #1's a few weeks ago. They were on salt-based nutes when in the 4" containers and are transitioning to organic high brix so they haven't really been "fertilized" in weeks, now.

There are some signs of some older deficiencies and, with the size of the plants right now in those #1's, they're probably rationing what's there, but they're all doing great and, I'm sure once I get them in the #10's, they'll explode pretty quickly and be very healthy. :Namaste:

I have never recharged a 1 bud. I am surprised they are not drinking every day. They have to be close to filling those containers with roots completely! I would be very happy with plants looking that good in 1s whilst being that large.
They'd take it every day if I gave it to them but I make 'em beg for it! :rofl:

I think it's pretty safe to consider them rootbound, at this point, but since they'd been kept as rootbound bonsais for such a long time, they're taking it well. They're just bigger Bonsais, now! ;)

Well, they're not really drooping, at all. The solo shot of the PCake makes it look a little "droopy" but you can see from the group shots that she's really not.

These plants all started as Bonsais in 4" containers for about 3-6 months (depending on which plant) before putting in the #1's a few weeks ago. They were on salt-based nutes when in the 4" containers and are transitioning to organic high brix so they haven't really been "fertilized" in weeks, now.

There are some signs of some older deficiencies and, with the size of the plants right now in those #1's, they're probably rationing what's there, but they're all doing great and, I'm sure once I get them in the #10's, they'll explode pretty quickly and be very healthy. :Namaste:

Alright ... thanks for the feedback.

I just went back and read your posts on pages 1 and 2 ... and saw where you explained bonsais, the salt-based nutes and the transitioning to organic high brix.

I also read half the article on bonsais ... but I definitely need to read it again ... it is quite comprehensive!!!

Actually, I think it was that article that pointed out that nutes and environment are important ... but lights are very important ... so I'm pretty sure that with two SP 250s ... your results are going to be excellent!

I already bought a bag of coco and some perlite ... so I think I'll try that next.

But, I have to say ... that after seeing your pictures and some of the other people using brix, like @Mr. Magoo ... I am pretty impressed with the results and will definitely be trying that soon enough.

I am a few weeks away from my first harvest and I have nowhere near the trichomes you guys have.

So, I'll just keep following along ... keep asking questions ... and try to find strains and mediums that yield a lot of trichomes ... and one day ... I'll be able to join the Frost Rails Club!!!

Thanks again ... and have a nice week!

Hey @Mr. Krip & @SmokeSara ...

I am continuing with my VPD research ... and also trying to learn a bit more about indoor lights ... spectrum, IR, UV, LUX and PAR.

I'm noticing the red spike in the SP 250 spectrum ... is that better for flower or bloom?

Also, it says the TSL 2000W is a quantam board. How do you define the SP 250?
0_mars_hydro_TSL2000_recommend_spectrum.jpg

0_MarsHydro_SP250_2x4ft_coverage_full_spectrum_high_par_1.jpg

Hi SQl2kGuy, the first shipment of the TS indeed lack a little red than SP series, but I have already forward this to our engineer, and in our later production, I believe they have added more red in. :)
Hey @Mr. Krip & @SmokeSara ...

I am continuing with my VPD research ... and also trying to learn a bit more about indoor lights ... spectrum, IR, UV, LUX and PAR.

I'm noticing the red spike in the SP 250 spectrum ... is that better for flower or bloom?

Also, it says the TSL 2000W is a quantam board. How do you define the SP 250?
0_mars_hydro_TSL2000_recommend_spectrum.jpg

0_MarsHydro_SP250_2x4ft_coverage_full_spectrum_high_par_1.jpg

WELL, THIS IS GONNA BE A CONTROVERSIAL UPDATE!

OK, everyone, this is bound to be a controversial update and should keep things interesting! :D

Most of you are probably aware that I'm using Brother @Doc Bud's High Brix soil mix. It really is an ideal mix for growing the highest quality MMJ possible and, if you're looking for ways to improve it, you can pretty much stop looking since Doc's already done the work for you and if it helps, it's probably already in there.

I'm also lucky enough to be a Product Reviewer here on :420: and when I was asked to test a soil amendment from a new sponsor, I was pretty reluctant (to say the least!) to start messing with the high brix mix.

The sponsor is @Vulx and the product is a volcanic rock dust (see Home - Vulx Soil Amendment Made from Volcanic Mineral Mix ).

I'm a big fan of rock dust as an organic soil amendment to remineralize the soil and I'm a heavy user of Azomite (and, to a lesser extent, Gaya Green) for my fruits and vegetables.

But, what would it do to a high brix grow? :hmmmm:

Well, there's only one way to find out!

So, I agreed to do some testing and Vulx was nice enough to send me three pails of their product:

And, since there's only one way to tell what this stuff does to the brix levels, I also got me one of these:

So, the question we're going to try to answer with this grow is, "Will Vulx improve brix numbers when used with 3rd run high brix soil?"

The only strain I'm running two of this round is the Dolato, and they're either sisters or one is a clone of the other, but they've both been vegging for 3+ months and are both about the same size.

So, I up-potted all the plants and included the Vulx in one of the Dolato's containers and the other Dolato is in "pure" 3rd run soil. They were all extremely rootbound and I expect to see some pretty rapid growth now that they're in their final homes. :morenutes:

The instructions say to mix 2.6 oz. of Vulx per gallon of "light" soil (see the instructions on their website, but Promix falls into the "light soil" category). Since the plants went into #10's, it called for 26 oz. of Vulx which happens to be 1.625 lbs.

How convenient that each pail was 1.6 lbs.! So, I mixed a full pail into the one container that got "Vulxed".

I just got back from the store getting some Distilled water, which is needed to calibrate the Brix Refractometer and will take some preliminary brix readings in a few minutes.

I even picked up a new heavy duty garlic press to help extract the leaf juices:

In the mean time, here are the girls in their new homes under the SP-250's:

Some natural light group pics:

Platinum Cake:

Blackwater:

Platinum Kush Breath:

Dolato #1 (NO Vulx):

Dolato #2 (Vulx):

I'll post the introductory brix reading ASAP.

Happy Harvests!

K

Cool stuff Krip! I think I remember the Vulx representative saying they only provided materials for commercial grows when they first joined as a sponsor. Is that still the case?

Cool stuff Krip! I think I remember the Vulx representative saying they only provided materials for commercial grows when they first joined as a sponsor. Is that still the case?
You can order small quantities right from their website and there happens to be a sale, right now! ;)

Also, I know @Vulx was interested in finding some other growers interested in testing their products but not sure if they've reached their "quota" yet, so don't know if it's still the case.

I would definitely recommend a rock dust product for most all soil grows. I do suspect it may not be as beneficial if you're already using the High Brix kit since I'm pretty sure Doc has that stuff in there.

However, by 3rd run, some of those minerals may be more depleted and, with all the extra EWC in the mix by 3rd run, it may also benefit from the additional aeration of the soil.

One of the "unknowns" is that, with the Vulx product, you should need to water less. Well, how does that effect the dunk schedule? Will they get enough? Should I just use less water when dunking the Vulx pots so I can get more cycles of Transplant/Growth?

I guess we're gonna find out! :D

...interesting Mr. K!, I can't say I'm surprised ;) ...and the garlic press...why didn't I think of that...got the same one in the kitchen... :thumb: ...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...
I actually read about using a garlic press when I was researching using the refractometer and it sounded like a great idea. That being said, I just tried pressing three leaves from the "Vulxed" Dolato. Using three leaves should give a better "average" than using only one.

What I ended up with was minced MMJ leaves and NO juice to test! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom