Sponsored Grow: Krip Keepers Frost Fest Featuring Mars SP-250 In Mars 4' x 4' Tent

Read the first 5-10 pages, then skip to page #1180! ;)
There's also good info on his website at DOC BUD's HIGH BRIX BLEND

Sounds like a plan!

I was already at the web site and I got a bit confused. I was looking for some kind of a "Getting Started With Brix" page ... It's likely there ... I just skimmed over it.

I plan to pay attention here and also to go over some of the other Brix journals to pick up on the key terms and then draw parallels to a soil grow.

It will all come together with a bit more reading :)

ttyl

Sounds like a plan!

I was already at the web site and I got a bit confused. I was looking for some kind of a "Getting Started With Brix" page ... It's likely there ... I just skimmed over it.

I plan to pay attention here and also to go over some of the other Brix journals to pick up on the key terms and then draw parallels to a soil grow.

It will all come together with a bit more reading :)

ttyl
There’s a user guide on his website that shows the basic feeding schedule. I keep it pulled up on my phone so I can reference it as needed.

What is Doc Bud's High Brix kit ? I ordered the Coots mix and the Oly Mountain Mix soils is it a soil mix ? I will be following this thread to see how well they do. Its going to be a while before I will be able to perches the lights etc. , after the first of the year. I spent a bunch of money on soil stuff. I want to use a living soil next spring and ditch the nutes
Amazon sent me an email yesterday asking me to answer your question on 1st run amendment. I see you found your way over to the Mag. and a High Brix Journal. This site is the best place to see the "kit" in action but you can find more condensed information on Doc's website that was mentioned above. Welcome to high brix growing.

Amazon sent me an email yesterday asking me to answer your question on 1st run amendment. I see you found your way over to the Mag. and a High Brix Journal. This site is the best place to see the "kit" in action but you can find more condensed information on Doc's website that was mentioned above. Welcome to high brix growing.
If I hadn't bought all the stuff I have for a living soil I would try the Brix line. Maybe after I do a couple runs with the stuff I already bought and do a side by side with them

You can order small quantities right from their website and there happens to be a sale, right now! ;)

Also, I know @Vulx was interested in finding some other growers interested in testing their products but not sure if they've reached their "quota" yet, so don't know if it's still the case.

I would definitely recommend a rock dust product for most all soil grows. I do suspect it may not be as beneficial if you're already using the High Brix kit since I'm pretty sure Doc has that stuff in there.

However, by 3rd run, some of those minerals may be more depleted and, with all the extra EWC in the mix by 3rd run, it may also benefit from the additional aeration of the soil.

One of the "unknowns" is that, with the Vulx product, you should need to water less. Well, how does that effect the dunk schedule? Will they get enough? Should I just use less water when dunking the Vulx pots so I can get more cycles of Transplant/Growth?

I guess we're gonna find out! :D

Or course, my products are loaded with rock dust.....that's mostly what they are.

I'm interested in what you find....especially as the K from the Vulx releases and narrows the Ca/K ratio......

Or course, my products are loaded with rock dust.....that's mostly what they are.

I'm interested in what you find....especially as the K from the Vulx releases and narrows the Ca/K ratio......

Hey @Doc Bud ... nice to meet you ...

So far I am very impressed with the three BRIX sponsored grows I have run into here ... as the flowers had Frost Rails!

I think it was @EastCoastGhost, @Mr. Magoo and @Mr. Krip actually ...

I know you're likely very busy ... but while we have you here ... I was just curious about when you started with 420 magazine ... and did you develop your kit here?

Is a bit of the BRIX historical information available to read on your web site? Or this site?

Anyway ... I am having such an awesome day today ... I just met you ... I made two new friends at the garden gallery ... got invited to a grow-share-sample party this weekend ... traded for some new seeds ... Hippie Crippler and CBD RMG ... the seed I thought was gonna die finally got its tap root ... and I harvest my first ever plants today ... on my very first ever grow!

Alright ... I'm looking forward to first-hand sponsor input when you have the time to contribute ...

ttyl
Life is good :)

Mr. Krip! Please notify me when you get readings on your latest project!

Also, I'm not sure about the garlic press for readings.....I'm much happier with a mortar and pestle.

Thanks for that, Doc! :thanks:

I was having a miserable time trying to extract any juices from the leaves until I read your "mortar & pestle" comment.

It seems, the step I was missing was to thoroughly masticate the leaves before pressing. So, I mashed them up with a spoon in a small dish then pressed them between two 50 cent pieces using vice grips and was able to get samples! :yahoo:

I took three leaves from each plant, and calibrated the meter before and in between readings (it didn't need adjustment, though!).

The Dolato with the Vulx is registering a 17 brix and without the Vulx is 18 brix.

I am going to consider those the starting #'s since I can't assume they started at the exact same brix level or that the difference has anything to do with a few days in the Vulx.

We pre-exchange Ca+ cations while "refining" so it should be alright!

Thanks for that, Doc! :thanks:

I was having a miserable time trying to extract any juices from the leaves until I read your "mortar & pestle" comment.

It seems, the step I was missing was to thoroughly masticate the leaves before pressing. So, I mashed them up with a spoon in a small dish then pressed them between two 50 cent pieces using vice grips and was able to get samples! :yahoo:

I took three leaves from each plant, and calibrated the meter before and in between readings (it didn't need adjustment, though!).

The Dolato with the Vulx is registering a 17 brix and without the Vulx is 18 brix.

I am going to consider those the starting #'s since I can't assume they started at the exact same brix level or that the difference has anything to do with a few days in the Vulx.

Hi Krip,

I'm wondering about the Vulx....are these "rocks" large enough to physically aerate the soil like perlite? Or is it something smaller that dissolves?

I've experimented with putting rocks of various types in the soil, and of course I've used rock powders for a real long time....but I've never used volcanic pebbles for increasing air in the soil? Is that what this product is going to do perhaps?

Hi Krip,

I'm wondering about the Vulx....are these "rocks" large enough to physically aerate the soil like perlite? Or is it something smaller that dissolves?

I've experimented with putting rocks of various types in the soil, and of course I've used rock powders for a real long time....but I've never used volcanic pebbles for increasing air in the soil? Is that what this product is going to do perhaps?

They're super small - a very fine free-flowing dust almost. There are different types present, mainly those that absorb water and those that have high CEC (which is coupled with high surface area and 75g/gal distribution in soil). We enhance (-) charge as well.

In soil-less (coco, peat) mixes there's not going to be much of an aeration effect. The effects come mainly from attraction and retention of nutrient-rich water.

Edit: Well, that coupled with the high exchange efficiency, of course.

Hi Krip,

It's powdered (micronized) rock dust with similar consitancy to Azomite or Gaya Green. Also, I'm very open to any suggestions/changes you'd recommend to feeding based on using this.

They're super small - a very fine free-flowing dust almost. There are different types present, mainly those that absorb water and those that have high CEC (which is coupled with high surface area and 75g/gal distribution in soil). We enhance (-) charge as well.

In soil-less (coco, peat) mixes there's not going to be much of an aeration effect. The effects come mainly from attraction and retention of nutrient-rich water.

Edit: Well, that coupled with the high exchange efficiency, of course.

Here's to higher brix readings with your product! I'm always trying to do better, and since we have the minerals and microbes pretty well sorted, it's time to improve the physical nature of the soil.

I've experimented with putting rocks of various types in the soil,

I saw an interesting technique of aeration seeing someone growing ginger in containers. They basically took four or five 4" (or so) containers and buried them upside down along the perimeter of the main container. He claimed it helped aerate the soil and cut down the amount of growing medium. The ginger harvest was respectable.

Hey @Doc Bud ... nice to meet you ...

So far I am very impressed with the three BRIX sponsored grows I have run into here ... as the flowers had Frost Rails!

I think it was @EastCoastGhost, @Mr. Magoo and @Mr. Krip actually ...

I know you're likely very busy ... but while we have you here ... I was just curious about when you started with 420 magazine ... and did you develop your kit here?

Is a bit of the BRIX historical information available to read on your web site? Or this site?

Anyway ... I am having such an awesome day today ... I just met you ... I made two new friends at the garden gallery ... got invited to a grow-share-sample party this weekend ... traded for some new seeds ... Hippie Crippler and CBD RMG ... the seed I thought was gonna die finally got its tap root ... and I harvest my first ever plants today ... on my very first ever grow!

Alright ... I'm looking forward to first-hand sponsor input when you have the time to contribute ...

ttyl
Life is good :)
You need to check out Brothers @neikodog, @Duggan, @Graytail, @TheGreenYeti, @weenmeoff, @Gazoo, @dr.h00k and sister @Amy Gardner's grows. Many more great kit grows out there I'm not mentioning!

Here's to higher brix readings with your product! I'm always trying to do better, and since we have the minerals and microbes pretty well sorted, it's time to improve the physical nature of the soil.

I would say that reducing, first and foremost, N and P content of soils is of the utmost importance. Vulx has a special affinity for these, and high Brix is a result of good soil balance, so too much of Vulx's most-loved cations would throw off nutrient ratios in plant tissue.

Back
Top Bottom