Sponsored Grow: Krip Keepers Frost Fest Featuring Mars SP-250 In Mars 4' x 4' Tent

If I hadn't bought all the stuff I have for a living soil I would try the Brix line. Maybe after I do a couple runs with the stuff I already bought and do a side by side with them
Over the winter I will buy the Doc Buds High Brix Kit I already have the ProMix and the Earth Worm Castings so I just need the kit now. Everyone from Docs thread has recommended me to get the Kit so I will try it next spring. Its going to be interesting to see how all the different soils do side by side. I am Looking forward to next spring already :snowboating:

Over the winter I will buy the Doc Buds High Brix Kit I already have the ProMix and the Earth Worm Castings so I just need the kit now. Everyone from Docs thread has recommended me to get the Kit so I will try it next spring. Its going to be interesting to see how all the different soils do side by side. I am Looking forward to next spring already :snowboating:

Sounds like a plan But I already know which will be EASIEST and work the best :green_heart:dont even
need to know the other brands.

Take note with the KIT you can Pack away your PPM & EC & PH Meters and never look back :yummy:

Sounds like a plan But I already know which will be EASIEST and work the best :green_heart:dont even
need to know the other brands.

Take note with the KIT you can Pack away your PPM & EC & PH Meters and never look back :yummy:
another quick question, Can I use distilled water or would it be better to get a water filter for my water hose in the docs high brix mix. What ever I use for the High Brix for watering I will use for the other soils too

another quick question, Can I use distilled water or would it be better to get a water filter for my water hose in the docs high brix mix. What ever I use for the High Brix for watering I will use for the other soils too
I used all distilled this entire grow! Plants loved it!!

Distilled would be best unless you get your water tested. Do you have an air conditioner? You could catch the condensate and feed that, its pure water. I do that and get about 3 gallons a day. You want to avoid tap water that's been treated unless you remove the chlorine.
Thank You. The filter would remove the chlorine but I may stick with distilled water

QUICK UPDATE

The girls should be ready to flip in another week or two and are all looking pretty good, now, EXCEPT the Blackwater.

I've been giving some Destress foliars to help with some of the earlier deficiencies on the Dolatos and adding Snake Oil to the last couple of Brix foliars and the Blackwater just didn't like it and is showing browning on a bunch of the fan leaves.

An additional reason for all the Destress foliars this round is that, instead of LST, I've been doing only supercropping to maintain the canopy, which is nice & even and making good use of the horizontal space.

Here are some group shots (Blackwater is front-left):

These are the two Dolatos. The one in back is the one that got "Vulxed" and, right now, is virtually indistinguishable, at least by appearance, from the one without the Vulx:

For whatever it's worth, I haven't yet noticed any difference in how the containers are drying, but none have needed to be fed, yet, since the up-potting.

Here's the Platinum Kush Breath:

The Platinum Cake:

And, here's that pretty ugly Blackwater, which I think looks worse in person than in the pic - usually, it's the other way around :rolleyes: :

We're still waiting on this hurricane, so I'll get more updates in ASAP.

Happy Harvests!

K

They'll bounce back.....but it's a good lesson in why I say not to start them in "other" soil and then make them High Brix.

You'll prune the ugly stuff off?

Yeah, but if you remember, I don't really have a good choice other than to start them in the non-HB soil. They all start as Bonsais in a maximum of 4" containers which were too small to maintain the microbial population needed for high brix.

I have way too many strains I try to maintain to keep them in anything larger than a 4".

The Dolatos were showing some MG and FE deficiencies before transplant, so I went heavy on the Destress and added some Snake Oil to the last two Brix foliars. The two Dolatos and Platinum Kush Breath all took it like champs and the Dolatos do look much better.

That Blackwater, on the other hand, seems to be rebelling against all that extra love I was trying to give it! ;)

Gee, I thought I had already pruned the ugly stuff off that one! :rofl: Yeah, I don't want to prune too much. I did some supercropping and hoping the new growth comes in better. Once I get some more new growth, I'll trim more of the ugly stuff.

Yeah, but if you remember, I don't really have a good choice other than to start them in the non-HB soil. They all start as Bonsais in a maximum of 4" containers which were too small to maintain the microbial population needed for high brix.

I have way too many strains I try to maintain to keep them in anything larger than a 4".

The Dolatos were showing some MG and FE deficiencies before transplant, so I went heavy on the Destress and added some Snake Oil to the last two Brix foliars. The two Dolatos and Platinum Kush Breath all took it like champs and the Dolatos do look much better.

That Blackwater, on the other hand, seems to be rebelling against all that extra love I was trying to give it! ;)

Gee, I thought I had already pruned the ugly stuff off that one! :rofl: Yeah, I don't want to prune too much. I did some supercropping and hoping the new growth comes in better. Once I get some more new growth, I'll trim more of the ugly stuff.

You may have already done this...but i'd hack them way, way back when you transplant next time.

QUICK UPDATE - PICS COMING SOON!

We really "dodged a bullet" down here with that hurricane ( :dude-knocking: ) but it's kept me pretty busy over the last several days with all the prepping and un-prepping that was involved.

I have enough stored ice to build some igloo condominiums, but that'll all get used over time and my heart goes out to the people in the Bahamas who got totally hammered.

I've been through a bunch of hurricanes and it's scary enough when the house isn't being torn apart and water isn't up to the attic so I can't even imagine what they went through and are going through in the aftermath. :sorry::goodluck:

Luckily, we didn't even lose electricity here so all the plants made it through fine and all of them are looking great....errr...except that Blackwater which is looking better but it's much too soon to say "great". The new growth is looking much better, though, and I just gave it another De-Stress this morning. I'm hoping she fills out quick cuz' we're really gonna need to flip in the next week, or two.

I'll get some pics up later today.

Happy Harvests!

K

Glad you and your family stayed out of harms way.

If you grew the Blackwater again what would you do differently? Just out of curiosity
I'm sure I will be growing her again and would do the same as the last time I grew her which was to NOT give her Snake Oil and, if by some chance I did, to NOT do it twice in a row in veg. :rolleyes:

It was the two Dolatos that were showing deficiencies when I first up-potted them. I really mixed the Snake Oil into the brix foliars twice in a row for them but, since it was part of the "brix regiment" I sprayed the whole tent with the same mixture.

The Dolatos now look close to perfect, the Platinum Kush Breath also looks perfect, the Platinum Cake showed very minor stress and looks near perfect, but that Blackwater just hated me for it and turned into a perfect wreck. :oops:

Now, I need to balance giving her as much time as possible to recover while needing to flip to 12/12 relatively soon so the rest of the plants don't outgrow the tent. I could trim everything but not worth doing it just for the Blackwater. I just won't end up with as much weight off that one plant, but with the others, the space should still be pretty well filled, especially with some extra veg time while the Blackwater recovers.

QUICK UPDATE - PICS COMING SOON!

We really "dodged a bullet" down here with that hurricane ( :dude-knocking: ) but it's kept me pretty busy over the last several days with all the prepping and un-prepping that was involved.

I have enough stored ice to build some igloo condominiums, but that'll all get used over time and my heart goes out to the people in the Bahamas who got totally hammered.

I've been through a bunch of hurricanes and it's scary enough when the house isn't being torn apart and water isn't up to the attic so I can't even imagine what they went through and are going through in the aftermath. :sorry::goodluck:

Luckily, we didn't even lose electricity here so all the plants made it through fine and all of them are looking great....errr...except that Blackwater which is looking better but it's much too soon to say "great". The new growth is looking much better, though, and I just gave it another De-Stress this morning. I'm hoping she fills out quick cuz' we're really gonna need to flip in the next week, or two.

I'll get some pics up later today.

Happy Harvests!

K
Glad you are safe!

Have a wonderful weekend!

I'm sure I will be growing her again and would do the same as the last time I grew her which was to NOT give her Snake Oil and, if by some chance I did, to NOT do it twice in a row in veg. :rolleyes:

It was the two Dolatos that were showing deficiencies when I first up-potted them. I really mixed the Snake Oil into the brix foliars twice in a row for them but, since it was part of the "brix regiment" I sprayed the whole tent with the same mixture.

The Dolatos now look close to perfect, the Platinum Kush Breath also looks perfect, the Platinum Cake showed very minor stress and looks near perfect, but that Blackwater just hated me for it and turned into a perfect wreck. :oops:

Now, I need to balance giving her as much time as possible to recover while needing to flip to 12/12 relatively soon so the rest of the plants don't outgrow the tent. I could trim everything but not worth doing it just for the Blackwater. I just won't end up with as much weight off that one plant, but with the others, the space should still be pretty well filled, especially with some extra veg time while the Blackwater recovers.

The sprays really work....it's surprising to a lot of people.

The sprays really work....it's surprising to a lot of people.
Oh, it didn't surprise me, at all, that they worked. It was really just laziness on my part for giving healthy plants the same treatment I was giving to the deficient plants. I violated the old "No Broke, No Fix" rule and broke what was originally "no broke"! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom