Spots and light green leaves

KidLal

420 Member
Hi All

This is my first grow, outside in 5 gallon cloth pots, soil is black earth, a little compost and lots of perlite .Using using Flora system and MagiCal about 1/2 to 3/4 strength. I have some brown spots on some of the fan leaves and some pale yellow spots ,the leaves seem to be lighter green than they should. Otherwise plants seem very healthy.
Is this anything to worry about? Can I fix it? Do I need to?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN1380.JPG
    DSCN1380.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 172
  • DSCN1381.JPG
    DSCN1381.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 170
  • DSCN1382.JPG
    DSCN1382.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 175
  • Spots.JPG
    Spots.JPG
    744.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Spots2.JPG
    Spots2.JPG
    615 KB · Views: 165
Forgive my manners @KidLal, welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I would consider going full strength on everything if that light lime green color shown in your picture is an accurate representation. yes, you have a big plant there, so what's with the 1/2 strength nonsense? Did someone advise you to ignore manufacturer recommendations?

I am new at this and read a couple places to go light at first and build up....learning......and afraid of burning plants.

Well, that was a good strategy to use at first, but now that meager nutrition is not enough for these big plants and that color is telling you that they are a little hungry. The manufacturers make their recommendations for a reason... they know their product. You need to react to your plants, and now this warning that your color might be a little off. Its no biggie, but I would address it now before deficiencies start to build up, remembering that everything we do in this 4 month grow is cumulative. Also, a little bit of tip burn is not a crisis. It makes for lots of dramatic posturing on the online forums talking about its evils, but I have always gone by the old adage that if you are not at least burning the tips a little bit, you aren't trying hard enough. Before we all got lost in this world of synthetically growing our plants from a bottle, people used to grow things in good soil, and used "fertilizer" to enhance those plants. Somehow we flipped to relying on nutes out of a bottle and needing to keep a perfect balance and we have lost sight of the concept of being able to push these plants a bit, so as to produce bigger, sweeter and more. The key to all of this is to try to get away from all the hype, and simply learn to read your plants, and learn to push them to the greatness they deserve.

Well, that was a good strategy to use at first, but now that meager nutrition is not enough for these big plants and that color is telling you that they are a little hungry. The manufacturers make their recommendations for a reason... they know their product. You need to react to your plants, and now this warning that your color might be a little off. Its no biggie, but I would address it now before deficiencies start to build up, remembering that everything we do in this 4 month grow is cumulative. Also, a little bit of tip burn is not a crisis. It makes for lots of dramatic posturing on the online forums talking about its evils, but I have always gone by the old adage that if you are not at least burning the tips a little bit, you aren't trying hard enough. Before we all got lost in this world of synthetically growing our plants from a bottle, people used to grow things in good soil, and used "fertilizer" to enhance those plants. Somehow we flipped to relying on nutes out of a bottle and needing to keep a perfect balance and we have lost sight of the concept of being able to push these plants a bit, so as to produce bigger, sweeter and more. The key to all of this is to try to get away from all the hype, and simply learn to read your plants, and learn to push them to the greatness they deserve.
Thanks Much.........Appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom