Spots

KidLal

420 Member
Hi All

This is my first grow, outside in 5 gallon cloth pots, soil is black earth, a little compost and lots of perlite .Using using Flora system and MagiCal about 1/2 to 3/4 strength. I have some brown spots on some of the fan leaves and some pale yellow spots. Otherwise plants seem very healthy.
Is this anything to worry about? Can I fix it? Do I need to?

Thanks

Attachments

• Spots2.JPG
    Spots2.JPG
    615 KB · Views: 96
  • Spots.JPG
    Spots.JPG
    744.3 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN1380.JPG
    DSCN1380.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
  • DSCN1381.JPG
    DSCN1381.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • DSCN1382.JPG
    DSCN1382.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
I water usually every 48 hours if it's mostly sunny............wait until soil relatively dry about an inch deep . 1/2 a gallon per 5 gal pot. I have been water/feed/water/feed with about 3/4 strength hydoponics flora system, started MagiiCal 2 feedings ago also 3/4 strength. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kid that's prolly the root of your problem. You need to let your plants dictate the watering schedule. Overwatering has probably caused some lockout, the girls aren't taking in the nutes like they should.

I've been taught here that they need to go way dryer. Like bone dry to the bottom. If you can lift the pots they should seem light as a feather. If you can't lift the pot, get a stick that goes all the way to the bottom to see how wet you are and don't water till you are at most wet a inch up. I guage by the drain holes in my pots. Actually I have 3 going that I often let go to just wilting. It's a bit risky I guess if I wasn't there much, but man it's amazing to watch them snap back so happy!

Anyway, id say your plan of attack should be don't water those plants again till they are like the desert and then water enough to get 15% of the volume of water out the bottom that you put in the top. That gives them a mini flush every feeding!

As far as your nute strength goes that's up to you. I've recently started working them up to 100% quicker to the poi t of pressuring them a bit there too. Again a bit of risk but if you are a bit careful about it a bit of leaf top burn never hurt no one!

So that's my idea on it anyway. Cheers mate, great day to ya!

Doing multiple postings regarding the same problem is likely to lead you to some very confusing results as everyone responds with their opinions based on their individual experience.
I will repeat here that I think that part of your problem is a magnesium deficiency, but now that I hear your watering practices I am sure that you are not watering correctly either and that you are watering too often. I invite you to read my post on how to properly water a potted plant.
I will also repeat that your plants appear to be a little undernourished... and now instead of saying you are running 1/2 strength you have upped it to 3/4... at least you are dialing it up.
Lastly, I see no mention of pH... if you are not adjusting the pH of your fluids, you could simply be dealing with a pH lockout. We need more info... not more postings asking the same thing.

I wish I could haha and love. It just works this way naturally doesn't it? I forgot about PH, thank you! And of course for helping me with this exact problem half a year ago Emilya!

Hello KidLal,
Nice looking plants you got there. I don't see any big issues but as Pbass, and Emilya have already pointed out watering is a very important practice to get correct. I agree with Pbass, and Emilya.
Also I see no reason why those big plants shouldn't be getting 100% of the recommended dosage for feedings.
Once into flower it's not a good idea to let them dry out as much as we like during veg. Keep that in mind later on.
What is your PH going in?
Happy Growing.

I just thought of something...It's good practice for asking the right questions too! I used to waste all my time playing video games now I waste it here, i might as well get good at it!

Kid that's prolly the root of your problem. You need to let your plants dictate the watering schedule. Overwatering has probably caused some lockout, the girls aren't taking in the nutes like they should.

I've been taught here that they need to go way dryer. Like bone dry to the bottom. If you can lift the pots they should seem light as a feather. If you can't lift the pot, get a stick that goes all the way to the bottom to see how wet you are and don't water till you are at most wet a inch up. I guage by the drain holes in my pots. Actually I have 3 going that I often let go to just wilting. It's a bit risky I guess if I wasn't there much, but man it's amazing to watch them snap back so happy!

Anyway, id say your plan of attack should be don't water those plants again till they are like the desert and then water enough to get 15% of the volume of water out the bottom that you put in the top. That gives them a mini flush every feeding!

As far as your nute strength goes that's up to you. I've recently started working them up to 100% quicker to the poi t of pressuring them a bit there too. Again a bit of risk but if you are a bit careful about it a bit of leaf top burn never hurt no one!

So that's my idea on it anyway. Cheers mate, great day to ya!

Thanks

Doing multiple postings regarding the same problem is likely to lead you to some very confusing results as everyone responds with their opinions based on their individual experience.
I will repeat here that I think that part of your problem is a magnesium deficiency, but now that I hear your watering practices I am sure that you are not watering correctly either and that you are watering too often. I invite you to read my post on how to properly water a potted plant.
I will also repeat that your plants appear to be a little undernourished... and now instead of saying you are running 1/2 strength you have upped it to 3/4... at least you are dialing it up.
Lastly, I see no mention of pH... if you are not adjusting the pH of your fluids, you could simply be dealing with a pH lockout. We need more info... not more postings asking the same thing.
Thanks

Hello KidLal,
Nice looking plants you got there. I don't see any big issues but as Pbass, and Emilya have already pointed out watering is a very important practice to get correct. I agree with Pbass, and Emilya.
Also I see no reason why those big plants shouldn't be getting 100% of the recommended dosage for feedings.
Once into flower it's not a good idea to let them dry out as much as we like during veg. Keep that in mind later on.
What is your PH going in?
Happy Growing.
I will try to get my watering correct, So far I have been able to use rain water exclusively. My PH is between 6.2 and 6.6(I check with litmus paper). First grow........trying to learn.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom