Spotting on older fan leaves

shit you're in flower too ..
at least it's early. go for broke - hit it with an h202 flush and add mosquito dunks to your water. that'll go after the gnats.

spray with a neem solution every couple days. do it from the underside of the plant and go up, that'll go after the mites. if you work away from the space during the day, hang a hotshot in the tent while you are gone. that'll drop any movers or fliers and break the cycle.

you can't treat them much past another week or three - it will destroy the bud. go after them hard right now with everything and you might make it.

Just spray the infected plant or should I spray the other two as a precaution?
Yes, they only hide on the underside. Spraying the tops does little/nothing. I'd do all the plants for sure.
The HotShot @bluter is talking about is also called a No Pest Strip, it's meant to kill insects in a small space. I used to work for Spectracide/HotShot back in the early 2000's and I like this product in certain situations.

Yes, they only hide on the underside. Spraying the tops does little/nothing. I'd do all the plants for sure.
The HotShot @bluter is talking about is also called a No Pest Strip, it's meant to kill insects in a small space. I used to work for Spectracide/HotShot back in the early 2000's and I like this product in certain situations.
Just ordered the hot shot.....and to spray all the plants. Shiiiiit.

Just ordered the hot shot.....and to spray all the plants. Shiiiiit.
It happens to us all, man. Just a part of this whole thing. It's how you deal with it that sets you apart...
I pulled a random leaf off my GelatOG earlier in the month and found a single aphid walking around. There's never just one. That's when I got ladybugs (after treatment) because nothing loves sap eating insects like ladybugs do.

Should I try and not spray the bud sites with the Neem....or is this an oh shit....spray it heavy type thing.

just spray it from the underside. if you use a multiprong approach you'll get them.

time is critical right now. after 3 -4 wks in flower you can't do much without poisoning the bud, or destroying it in the process. neem is not that harmful, but tastes awful in bud and will ruin stuff up. it deteriorates in about 3wks though, so if you get in early it is still ok.

at some point you just have to hang on and hope the pests don't take them out. lots of growers have had mites or gnats right til the end. it does affect yield, quality, etc.

just spray it from the underside. if you use a multiprong approach you'll get them.

time is critical right now. after 3 -4 wks in flower you can't do much without poisoning the bud, or destroying it in the process. neem is not that harmful, but tastes awful in bud and will ruin stuff up. it deteriorates in about 3wks though, so if you get in early it is still ok.

at some point you just have to hang on and hope the pests don't take them out. lots of growers have had mites or gnats right til the end. it does affect yield, quality, etc.
Appreciate the help! Spray em is what I'm going to do. Should I add some diatomaceous earth to the soil too just in case?

Appreciate the help! Spray em is what I'm going to do. Should I add some diatomaceous earth to the soil too just in case?
You could buy a flamethrower too, but it probably isnt necessary. I suggest trying one remedy, so you can gain confidence with that method and know exactly what it was that you did to solve the problem. The shotgun approach will work, but then you are always going to have some doubt.

it'll help with the gnats. i've never used it.

You could buy a flamethrower too, but it probably isnt necessary. I suggest trying one remedy, so you can gain confidence with that method and know exactly what it was that you did to solve the problem. The shotgun approach will work, but then you are always going to have some doubt.

he's got no choice with both movers and fliers at the same time. going after the gnats won't hit the mites and vice versa.

I do DE at the base of every plant, even up the stem a bit. Harmless stuff unless you have an exoskeleton.

I don’t know if the dunks kill mites, but with my recent mite invasion they are crawling in the soil and line dancing on the edges of my container.

Part of the reason I do the bottom water is to drown the ones on outside of bucket while I spray under leaves, top of soil and edges of container.... Sorry to hear but at least you caught it now before you get too far in flower. One time I use Neem next time I use spinosad about a week after the Neem.

Yes but when DE is wet supposedly they skate right across it but - IDK? It helps to dust with sulfur as a preventative against mites in veg but most peeps don’t like to use sulfur in flower. Yep Bluter is right - just like kids in a daycare, if one has it today then all plants will have it soon

I always welcome any thoughts or corrections... and love the flame thrower!

I'm about 8 days into flower, so do you suggest the Neem every 2/3 days for the next two weeks? Or next 10 days? And then let it ride and hope

everything you have takes at least two weeks of treatment to break the cycle.

i'd spray every other day during that time. and i would hit them with more than one thing.

I would look at the SNS line and go all natural, and they do take several approaches at once. I also remember the time I almost killed an entire crop spraying them with neem under bright flowering lights. Please be careful.

i think that would be easier on the plants. can SNS be used through flower ? it's not available here.

Back
Top Bottom