Spouses and your grow

Mine was fine......just bitches about how much time I spend in the room. If only my plants had a vagina I could get rid of her.........

made my day hahahaha.

- musshy

Mine is a farm wife, she does her thing on the farm and I do mine. We are together 24/7 and have been for 30 plus years. 2 great kids both non smokers/ non drinkers and my wife and I are openly Christian. Always have been ..always will be. Not Bible thumpers not preachers. Just conscious of how we live our lives and how we treat others. We have always gotten high together, even when we were dating she would drag me to church and afterwards we would burn a couple. Still do. As far as growing is concerned I look at it just as I look at any other crop or job I/we do on the farm. If we don't produce it ... then we do without. I'm starting to tap maples right now. We like syrup on pancakes, waffles and fried mush. Then we gotta make it. We make apple butter in a big old 30 gal copper kettle every fall. We like it, we want it ,so we make it. We like keeping warm so I gotta cut wood.We enjoy venison steaks cooked over applewood in the fireplace , so I drop a doe or two every year.It's just like canning, the field's harvest we need it or want it ...then we do it. Growing pot for me is no different than any thing else. Heck ice is out on the pond and I already am juggin for catfish... cause... I feel like a fish fry! The only difference for me is that now that we are empty nesters I can gear up a little more on some of my projects. Farm is paid for don't owe a dime so I have alot to be thankful for!

Oh one more thing... spring must be coming I found a young bear tracks down by the barn this evening. I do not want to run into him or her in the woods this spring when I am mushroom hunting. I worry more about that than my wife ! Ha!

I would def put a lock on the greenhouse door. I would also put bubble wrap up on the glass so no one can see into your greenhouse. If you are in a state where growing is illegal you need to keep what you are doing as secret as possible. Don't think for a moment that some random person who happens to stumble upon your grow wouldn't call LEO or rob you. Sadly, some people are just dicks.

https://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2010/02/24/joannabanana/a81da2.jpg

JMO

EXCELLENT IDEA! I LOVE that Bubble Wrap!

IMHO, most growers are NOT the stereotypical stoner that just sits on the couch playing video games. Sure, some growers do that during down time, but in general, I think you have to have an above average work ethic and ambition to actually grow well. Both characteristics seldom associated with people who smoke cannabis.

Maybe it's just the crowd here at :420:, but I think growers are usually just good people. :thumb:

YES INDEED !!! AWESOME TO SAY...
I totally agree with you. Anyone who has grown a few plants or more, knows first hand how involved it is. In fact, I heard that over 90% of those who "jump into growing" thinking this is easy and I'll make a ton of $'s, fail and abandon it due to the extreme discipline one needs to have a successful harvest. Look at all the gear for sale on C.L. etc. And now many Hydro stores sell used equipment a lot of which has been used for one "harvest". In fact, this has sprung up yet another new business to get into. Just selling used equipment! If it was as easy as tossing a few seeds into the dirt and come back a few months later for the bounty, well, everyone would do it. A "stoner" indeed, is a couch potato. They get a buzz on and literally stop all other functions other than eating and watching TV/listening to music/having some sex, but a grower is a dedicated and hard working individual that has a commitment to this as well will have a passion for what is being grown. Corn, tomatoes or Pot, it is all the same to a "real farmer". Horticulturalist is the term I like to use as a means to describe what a MMJ grower is. No difference between this and a researcher trying their hand at genetically modified corn or whatever!, because it is impossible to NOT get involved. We start thinking about expanding our knowledge base with experiences in cloning, grafting, genetics and the myriad of "other" things, techniques, concoctions. THE BEST THING WE ALL HAVE GOING IS EACH OTHER. TOGETHER, WHEN WE SHARE OUR FAILURES AS WELL AS OUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS, WE ALL BENEFIT FROM THIS; OUR COLLECTIVE KNOWLEDGE GAINS EXPERIENCE THROUGH THAT SHARING. Thanks 420. Because of this portal, as well as others, the advances in knowing about this miraculous plant has grown leaps in a short time as opposed to the old pre-internet days when information took a lot longer to develop.

To all those who are trying to get a spouse on board, I have found that the money issue, although a strong and viable one, isn't as powerful as the fear of the "illegality" that they are operating with.

I totally agree with you. Anyone who has grown a few plants or more, knows first hand how involved it is. In fact, I heard that over 90% of those who "jump into growing" thinking this is easy and I'll make a ton of $'s, fail and abandon it due to the extreme discipline one needs to have a successful harvest. Look at all the gear for sale on C.L. etc. And now many Hydro stores sell used equipment a lot of which has been used for one "harvest". In fact, this has sprung up yet another new business to get into. Just selling used equipment! If it was as easy as tossing a few seeds into the dirt and come back a few months later for the bounty, well, everyone would do it. A "stoner" indeed, is a couch potato. They get a buzz on and literally stop all other functions other than eating and watching TV/listening to music/having some sex, but a grower is a dedicated and hard working individual that has a commitment to this as well will have a passion for what is being grown. Corn, tomatoes or Pot, it is all the same to a "real farmer". Horticulturalist is the term I like to use as a means to describe what a MMJ grower is. No difference between this and a researcher trying their hand at genetically modified corn or whatever!, because it is impossible to NOT get involved. We start thinking about expanding our knowledge base with experiences in cloning, grafting, genetics and the myriad of "other" things, techniques, concoctions. THE BEST THING WE ALL HAVE GOING IS EACH OTHER. TOGETHER, WHEN WE SHARE OUR FAILURES AS WELL AS OUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS, WE ALL BENEFIT FROM THIS; OUR COLLECTIVE KNOWLEDGE GAINS EXPERIENCE THROUGH THAT SHARING. Thanks 420. Because of this portal, as well as others, the advances in knowing about this miraculous plant has grown leaps in a short time as opposed to the old pre-internet days when information took a lot longer to develop.

To all those who are trying to get a spouse on board, I have found that the money issue, although a strong and viable one, isn't as powerful as the fear of the "illegality" that they are operating with.

Hiker, extremely well said and I could not agree with you more!

Interesting what you say about being a grower. I was raised by a very avid gardener and I've always had plants even as a bachelor in my 20s. Frankly I rarely even smoke anymore but it's been my dream to grow cannabis because I love to grow plants and see them thrive. I suspect I will start smoking more if I'm successful in my first grow!

I think that's the real issue. Mine only was OK with it when the legal climate began to shift. She is still nervous sometimes due to fed law, but she's talked to local and fed law enforcement around here (police, sheriff and border patrol since we're near Canada) and they all tell her "it's legal here, so we don't care". The border patrol says they only care if you're trying to smuggle into the US.

Money is always an issue in a marriage, but growing doesn't have to be expensive to get started. :blalol:

She's a sweetheart. My grow indoors is a lot of carbon, fans, holes into the main ventilation/roof and chest freezers. She won't have it any other way. Having people over and they don't suspect anything is kind of fun too. Her sister came over last year and they wanted to bring me food on the farm lol Bunch of girls right over their heads and we had to make up a story about me busting my ass backwards out there and no time.

We both wish I could grow outside this year. Farming is fun, but it's not that fun. The old lady likes to be able to go out to get things when she wants to and she knows I'm doing my best, all that matters :) Love her.

HI

My wife is very supportive of my grow as she knows it both saves cash as well as make it....in the beginning she was not too fond of my grow habit said that she is paranoid we will get raided but as time went on she got used to it and now it has gotten to the point where she will help out from time to time and she is always interested where and how my grows are comming

Over all i would say she is cool as a weed plant about it.

My wifey almost is the one that suggested it for me. I bought the idea of it up & she's been pushing me like a football coach. I think it's the fact that with me growing it keeps me from spending money on garbage that I'm always complaining about. Plus it's awesome starting something from seed & seeing it grow only. And will heal you in many ways. God is good.:blunt:

HI !! My babe found a bag of crap seeds and asked ! What are these , I never saw these before ! If they are special then we should grow them !!!! I looked at her and said !!! Yes , those arew the best ! lets try it ???? HHMMMmmmnnn !!! Funny isn't it ????

She better be supportive... she was the one who got me into smoking last year...She is good, willing to help as she can, def fun to get excited together, cant wait to harvest our first batch and smoke together. One a side note, Im just impressed on how happy everyone is that grows...speaks loudy...

The future Mrs. Monkey has been super supportive! I've started building my new grow room recently and she has told me a few times that shes really happy that I'm doing this again. She even bakes all the edibles for me and my friends, even though she doesn't partake that often.

I love my women just like I love my plants: Supportive, Strong, Independent, and Top Heavy! :circle-of-love:

:Namaste:
-Monkey

I have been reading the reply's to the thread I started a while back and love them!
Thank you everyone. Big hugs to your significant others for there patience and
understanding.:love::love:

Should start my first grow in abouta month. I actually had 3 pages of notes, showing my plans, cost and the benefits of mj. We say together on the bed and I did a little presentation, 30 minutes later she said OK. We both smoked like freight trains in high-school.

Seven years ago I was diagnosis witha brain tumor. I've now had two surgeries and there is still some there. If the tissue is removed, I will be paralyzed on my left side. I take two hands fulls of pills every day. And I STILL have seizures every day. My marriage nearly ended because of my addiction to pain pills and I spent two weeks in a detox/mental health hospital.

She had two cracked vertebrae, had surgery and is in more pain than before. She refuses narcotics because they cannot be in the house. She had tried nerve blockers, narcotics, injections and just about every pill made, nothing helps. Now she suffers from insomnia and some mornings she is in tears because she is so tired and frustrated. She is suffering from liver damage, ulcers and , currently, a stomachs infection (because of damn pills). Hopefully it is only an infection. In two weeks she will need a biopsy if things don't improve.

Even after insurance paid, will still have accumulated $50k in medical bills over the last seven years.

And the worst part.... We have a 9 year old son who has watched his father, and now mother, physically deteriorate because of prescription medicine for 7 years.

She is now 100 percent on board with my growing. September 11 we will celebrate our 15th year anniversary. She is a strong woman and my best friend

Back
Top Bottom