Spreading seeds?

I'm thinking about spreading the seeds around the town and let them grow naturally outdoor. I will not be paying much attention to them, more like drop it and let nature take care of it, and let who ever finds it enjoys it.

Is this a good idea?

I want to do something fun with weed more so than just growing and smoking.

Change your name to Tommy...then you can be like Johnny Appleseed..only it's Tommy Marijuana seed. And it wont be apple trees, it will be Marijuana plants!
The Legend starts with you!
Tommy Marijuana Seed....
He traveled the country planting marijuana seeds for all to enjoy....

I think it's a good idea.

I've done it,but you need a lot of seed just spreading it around. You might 2-3 plants per 100 seeds.

A more effective way is to let the seed (15 or 20 seeds) soak overnight in a warm place then take the ones that sank out for planting the next day. You want seed from good weed that will have time to mature and thrive in your area.

You'll need a liter of water, a pelletized slow release fert like Osmocote Plus,and a sharp stick or knife. Carry the fert in a small plastic bag or envelope. The same with seed.

You quickly dig out a small shallow hole,about 4 inches deep and wide. You throw about teaspoon of the fert in the hole,then fill it with water and let in drain. While that's happening you crumble the dirt you dug out in your hand until it's fairly fine.

You put most of the dirt back in the hole,all of it but about half-quarter inch from the top. You put the soaked seed on top of this and cover it w/ the final finest dirt leaving the seed a 1/4-1/2 inch down. You then pour the rest of the liter of water on top of the hole. That's it. Takes about 5 minutes tops.

You might need to stop by a couple of times to water in the first two weeks if not raining much. Once you see sprouts,you leave it alone.

You can do several little plantings like this during the spring once the soil is warm enough to plant. It works much better than just slinging seed around.

Do a lil' walk by of the spots in late summer or early fall to see if it worked and hasn't been chopped or ripped. (That's why you plant in several spots,so 1 or 2 patches are guaranteed to reach maturity.) Very early morning,just after dawn and before sunrise is best to do your pot patrol. Not a lot of people out.

Feel free to grab a cola or two if the coast is clear,but leave the rest of the bud alone to drop it's seed.

It's a stealthy,easy,way to get few ounces of seedy solid bud without having to do a full harvest and you don't have to plant the next year if the patch establishes itself. It's sort of a perpetual outdoor grow.

You'll have to find new spots every 3-4 years as helicopters and folks just knocking around will spot the patches as they spread.

BTW,one of the best places to do this type of stealth grow is along small creeks. When the creek floods,it will spread seed the plants dropped from the initial grow downstream for miles. There's no way in hell to get rid of all of it then. You just need one or two of those little patches to survive to go to seed,the water will do the rest of work.

I knew an old guy in the 70's that threw a cigar box full of seed in the creek behind his house when it was flooding in late spring. Weed grows wild for a good 15 miles down that creek until to where it meets the river. It's hard to tell how far downriver it's spread?

It's not great weed,but it's free. All the broke locals smoke the buds and higher leaf. Reminds me of your average Mexican from the 70's. A fat joint of leaf and bud will give you a nice two hour goofy buzz. More than a few local outdoor growers have used the seed as base for developing strains as it's acclimatized to the area.

Good luck.

There's a spot where me and my buddies bury most of the seeds we get, and we've had one plant start to show signs of life, only to die shortly after. Of course, we didn't do anything except dig, plant, bury, let nature work. Unfortunately, nature didn't work most of the time. Hopefully you find yourself having better results.. it's definitely an idea that'd be legendary!!

Go throw them in the landscaping at the local court house, City Hall, and every Police Dept. in your area!! I wonder if it would ever be messed with!! Even if someone saw them growing in an area like that, I'm sure they wouldn't have the balls to tend to it or even look at it too long...It would really be nice to be going to court for some silly reason and see a plush happy plant full of life in the shrubbery with some nice aroma blowing in the wind!!! Anyways, I guess I let my mind take me on a journey for a minute, but I wish you the best and would really like to see some pictures of some local areas you hit if they ever got big enough to get recognition....Just try to do it in well populated areas where lots of people would see it sooner or later!!!!:goodluck::slide::slide::slide:

first of all sorry for bumping up this topic.
i had the same idea and tried it back in holland.
just bought a shitload of bird weed seeds so they could spread out and wanted to add in quality clones/seeds later on to the newly to spread out seeds. never came this far as i was trying this plan in holland and most of it got cut down.

some fields survived at the end but as holland is such a small country the plants ended up being destroyed as they turned the fields into a building site.

after that year (2009)

i gave up doing this in holland as i lost my drivers license for smoking a joint on a parking spot. this made me very inmobile and finding remote areas to do this is a must. you cant reach them with public transport or a bicycle and i couldnt find enough people who would support this plan.

actually the plan of spreading weed out in your area works like this:
fist start with crappy seed for birds so you have a nice and even mix of male/female plants.
this is a must for natural survival.
step 2 put some good strains inside your field so they can mix in from year 1 or 2 on.

step 3 spread seeds out on more different places, again the bird seed.
this is because its so cheap. if you can buy like a kilo for 2 or 3 euros and 10 percent will sprout you still end up having a shitload of plants.

step 4 get as much people involved as possible (this actually can be done as step 0)

if you keep on mixing indoor strains in the cultivated hemp the genetics of these strains will spread out troughout your newly cultivated crop.

after a few generations the plants start to adapt to your region and after a year or six the plants start to show their own specific genetic specifications.
at this point you succesfully created your own strain.

a few tips to get this started:
start in a remote area, where not a lot of people will see the plants
the plant needs to have a second generation to be resistant to being destroyed and they need to have dropped a lot of seeds first.

when you are in the first generation the plant is most vunrable. it doesnt have seeds on the ground that didnt sprouted the first year in case gouvernment or some stoners stole the plants.

also look for people who want to help you get this job done.

help the world become a better place reduce carbon spread some love and green with the seeds.

and after a couple of years we can all go outdoors and make some charas.

for whoever is interested in getting this started send me a pm im gonna start this up and try to let a scottish land/mountain strain be build up from scratch

i made a action plan for this idea and put it in a site (not the best site but it contains the basic info)

i already put in the google translate option so you can sort of read it as it was origionally in dutch.

I was thinking of the same thing. If we could get every stoner in the country to plant all thier seeds along the highway .... everywhere. And have nature take it over. Over the course of several years, these plants would spread and start to take over. Wouldn't that be great. Wild chronic growing everywhere. Just pick all the buds you want and don't have to pay anyone for it. If you want seeds, you lay a sheet under the bush. Give it a shake and take your cup full of seeds home to grow more.

I was thinking of the same thing. If we could get every stoner in the country to plant all thier seeds along the highway .... everywhere. And have nature take it over. Over the course of several years, these plants would spread and start to take over. Wouldn't that be great. Wild chronic growing everywhere. Just pick all the buds you want and don't have to pay anyone for it. If you want seeds, you lay a sheet under the bush. Give it a shake and take your cup full of seeds home to grow more.

its gonna work almost like that but you wont be able to smoke the seed containing buds. but as there are so many just dry them and siff them trough a filter screen and you should be getting the finest quality hash.

i tried this in holland but it wouldnt work as it is a to small of a country.
next year we are gonna try to make the scottish highlands the real highlands.

in hollaAND only one of 4 fields survived the rest got chopped down by the gouvernment. the plants where still there around new year and should have dropped seeds for sure.
only the place turned out to be a building site so evrything got removed at the end of the year after.
but to give a small impression what a couple of seeds can do check the video down here (it was my first succes and video to try to convince people to join me in the save the planet action of the 21st century)

jhonny pot seeding is great. i do it all the time . it also keeps the feds busy with something to do lmao... while they wait to bust a grower lol . the feds got into trouble a few years back when the forestry complained they were trampling around the forest destroying the natual flora lmfao . said pot wasnt an issue and the animals uselly eat it all up. but the feds running around stomping baby trees and other plants was doing way more damage to the enviroment. the conservationists really screamed about the dea and fbi and sheriffs. for one plant over 30 law enforcement officers conferging on it.

Back
Top Bottom