Spring 2016 - White Rhino & Exodus Cheese Clones - SOG

gr865

I started this in my Fall Journal and decided to make it a new one instead.

Twelve clones 6 of each.
What strain is it? White Rhino and Exodus Cheese Clones from my fall grow.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? White Rhino is Indica dominate, Exodus Cheese Sativa dominate.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower
If in Veg... For how long? Clones taken on 11/12/15, started flower on 1/10/16
If in Flower stage... For how long? 10 days as of 1/20/16
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro, DTW Hempys
If soil or Hydro what is in your mix? 75/25 Bontania Coco/Growstones
If soil or Hydro, What size pot? 3 lb. Folgers plastic coffee cans, exactly 1 gallon.
Size of light? 400W
Is it aircooled? Yes, Cooltube
Temp of Room/cab? High 82 Low 72 with the lights on, 68 lights off
RH of Room/cab? 45 to 60
PH of media or res? pH in 5.8, do not take reading on reservoir.
Any Pests ? Just a couple of gnats, have never seen more that two in the cabinet.
How often are you watering? Early grow 2 cups water/nutes per day, later in the grow it will be morning and evening.
Type and strength of ferts used? GH Micro @ 4ml/gal, GH Bloom @ 9ml/gal, GH Cal/Mag 1.5ml/gal and 1 gram Epsom salts. So 4/9/1.5/1, the Micro will be reduce during the grow. Will begin adding Organic Molasses at the 5th week.

re: Spring 2016 - White Rhino & Exodus Cheese Clones - SOG

11/2/15

The clones of the two ladies, 13 each, hope to get at least 8 to 10 of each to do my SOG.

Going to have to build a containment/drain to put the clones buckets in for flower. Thinking of a 5/8"x 3" frame, plywood bottom and white rubberized paint, It will need to be 44" x 26" to hold the 24 clones.

These are the Folgers coffee cans I was speaking of. I should be able to get at least 20 in the cabinet if I can get a few more cans, have 17 at present. As stated it is 8.5x6.5.

That's about it for now.

GR

12/3/15

The clones taken on the 28th are doing fine, two mist a day and I removed them for the wire holder and put them in plastic egg cartons. I built a larger cloner, just took a clear tote, drilled two 3/4" holes in the top and I set it just off the base to get some air movement. I have them under on T5 lamp at present.

Clones and cloner

GR

11/28/15

The clones of the two plants are doing well, I got the coffee cans ready to do a 16 plant SOG, my buddy says it should be a GOG, Gulf of Green, do to my location.

Thinking that clone is ready to go in the container!

This is the setup for the 1 gallon Folgers can Hempys.

GR

Quick entry
Some of my clones have taken a dive. Transplanted into the one gallon Hempy buckets on 12/12/15 and they all looked ok at that point. Since then some have just totally gone down hill. Looks like over nutes at first but all were treated the same and over half are doing ok. Nutes were at .25 rate!
Just a couple of pics, more later
Sick plants
WR

EC

Doing ok plants
WR

EC

12/21/15

The clones are doing better, lost 7 and maybe two or three more depending on what happens this week.
Not sure what happened they were very healthy at transplant, the only thing I can figure is that looking at the RootRiot plugs in this picture, I may have damaged the roots putting them in their new pots. Did not think I treated them rough. but here is a pic of the typical root pics prior to trans planting.

And here they are today. Second row two plants on the right and back row, first plant on the right.
Overall I lost 5 of each strain. Would like to flower them when they reach 8 inches to 1 foot.

GR

Clones, White Rhino & Exodus Cheese 17 days since transplant into 1 gallon Hempys
Just a follow up to yesterdays entry. This is a total rewrite as after I posted this yesterday it pull a Houdini on me.
This will not be Manifold/Mainlined but going to run a sort of SOG. Similar to this.
20151229_114522[1].jpg
I will keep them close together initially and spread them around as needed.

I had hoped to put these into flower as soon as the others in the cabinet are ready, but at the rate these are growing now I think I will have to put them into flower using my CLW's SS400 5W LED to begin their bloom. I can move them into the cabinet after the others are ready in 3 weeks or so. I want to put them into flower at around 16 to 18", so since I have time before the others are ready I will probably top them one time and do some more Super Cropping to control overall height. The EC being sativa dominate will require the most SC and I know I will have to block up the WR to keep them at the same level as the EC. Right now, in the cabinet, I have the WR blocked up 16 inches and I have Super Cropped each of the 8 cola of the EC, so I know what to expect.

Final count for the clones, 14 out of 22 made it. Had hoped for at least 16 as that should be perfect for the amount of meds I need. Turns out to be 7 WR and 7 EC. They are doing fine, all have reached the reservoir now and a few that reached it over a week ago have had to supercrop because they are twice + more in height then the others.
Since the few that were slow to reach the reservoir have finely reached the res. they have taken off also and should catch up soon.

Taken 12/12

12/28

Looking at the two in the cabinet, unless they really pack on some bulk over the next few weeks, I expect to get 3 to 5 zips. So I will need to get around 11 or so off these to get me enough meds to last me until my fall 16' grow is harvested. Since I grow only for myself that should get me by.

Any suggestion or comments are always welcome.

GR

Clones, White Rhino & Exodus Cheese 29 days since transplant into 1 gallon Hempys
Well the clones went under the LED to start 12/12 last Friday and they were moved into the cabinet under the 400W HPS today after I removed the EC for harvest. Now they are sharing the light with the White Rhino that will be harvested with in the next week.
They are doing very well, if I keep my hands off them. Was supercropping the EC clones last evening and my nails are too damn long and I cut one top off with my thumb nail. Carelessness and not paying attention to what I was doing. The WR clones are a very thick and dense plants, I see a lot of pruning during this grow. These pics are of the clones still in the closet just before I moved them to the cabinet.

I did a heavy root pruning on the two mothers followed by a equally heavy top pruning and put them in the two 4" containers, at the top right of the picture,to just veg until I am ready to use them. This is picture you can see the roots that had developed in the one gallon Hempy buckets. They are both under the T5, two lamps of the four in the fixture. They drooped a bit but had picked back up by this morning. This is the EC mother.

You can tell by the pictures above of all the clones what it looked like prior to pruning and the difference in size of the containers they were planted in.

GR

White Rhino and Exodus Cheese Clones, 9 days of 12/12
Not sure if I should count the days I had them in the closet with the LED to start 12/12. They really took off after I put then under the 400W HPS. Today I did a bottom trim and some super cropping for height control. Now they are all cleaned up at the bottom, trimmed them to 5 and 6 main cola and supercropped 4 of the Exodus Cheese for height adjustment.

White Rhino before trim

White Rhino after trim

EC before

EC after

he six EC's on the floor showing how much the opened up after the pruning.

The 12 ladies in the cabinet, will take pic later after lights off. [
url='20160117_112856']
20160117_112856.jpg
[/url]
WR left, EC right
I know that with a SOG is suppose to pack them in there, but since I have half my planned plants I am wondering should I leave them packed together of spread the to fill the cabinet. I am thinking of keeping them spread, more light per plant, happier plants. What is the consensus? This is how I have them spaced now,

I have room in the cabinet for 24 of the Folgers cans and that would be max, at present due to clone issues I have ended up with 12 clones, 6 of each strain.

Wished I had room, after this trim I have a shit load of nice big clones, but to the compost pile they go.

GR

Clones, White Rhino & Exodus Cheese 29 days since transplant into 1 gallon Hempys
Well the clones went under the LED to start 12/12 last Friday and they were moved into the cabinet under the 400W HPS today after I removed the EC for harvest. Now they are sharing the light with the White Rhino that will be harvested with in the next week.
They are doing very well, if I keep my hands off them. Was supercropping the EC clones last evening and my nails are too damn long and I cut one top off with my thumb nail. Carelessness and not paying attention to what I was doing. The WR clones are a very thick and dense plants, I see a lot of pruning during this grow. These pics are of the clones still in the closet just before I moved them to the cabinet.

I did a heavy root pruning on the two mothers followed by a equally heavy top pruning and put them in the two 4" containers, at the top right of the picture,to just veg until I am ready to use them. This is picture you can see the roots that had developed in the one gallon Hempy buckets. They are both under the T5, two lamps of the four in the fixture. They drooped a bit but had picked back up by this morning. This is the EC mother.

You can tell by the pictures above of all the clones what it looked like prior to pruning and the difference in size of the containers they were planted in.

GR

Just a couple to show my new shelf.

20160126_063942.jpg

The black piece under the EC to the right is a short inverted tray raising the plants 1" to allow for good drainage and keep the bottom of the Hempy pots out of standing water. Although the large catch tray I built to put the pots into is sloped to the left hand corner the pots were staying wet sitting directly on the floor of the tray.

20160126_064342.jpg

GR

Well a bit of a Dumbass move on my part. Started the last round of pruning and overdid it.
Just could not stop once I got started.
I have done this before an know better, but!

20160204_101104.jpg
20160204_093855.jpg
20160203_190352.jpg
20160203_190311.jpg
20160203_190158.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope there's more to come from this, would love to see how they ended up....

I thought it was a dead thread, I will give an update soon, I harvest part of the ladies tomorrow. Good timing y'all.

GR

Hi I am sorry I thought they had closed this journal down so I have been posting in the coco forum.

Ok last we posted our hero had done a heavy defol at day 20/21 and had them pumped up and ready to take off. Nothing happened, they just sort of sit there, I thought well I guess I did over do it. Then my HPS died and not having the change to replace it I went back to my old LED, it's a good one but has not been used in a number of grows.

This years Christmas card!

I added the CFL's to get into the canopy.

A week before I did the defol I say a gnat in the cabinet, killed it thought nothing of it, had never had them before so I figure I got him/her.
Well when they stopped growing I pulled an EC out of the cabinet and was looking at the bud development using my scope. When I finished
I took the pot tag and was scraping around the edge of the hempy bucket where the coco had built up some from watering and holy shit there must of been a dozen of the little bastard flying. Panic mode, I pulled every plant from the cabinet and checked the all the each bucket had 12 to 24 flying around. I took a look at the roots through the drainage hole in the hempy bucket, was not pretty.

I treated with BTi and sprayed the coco with Neem oil and that seemed to stop the adults. Well I got the upper hand but not before the damage was done. Did not lose any plants but I figure I lost two to three weeks growth, they just started growing again in the past two weeks, mainly fox tails on the EC and fattening up of the WR.

I will post a number of pics to try and catch up. Will start where I left off.
Shortly after defol

Will post some of next weeks harvest.

GR

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom