Verb's Gorillas In Hempy Buckets - Under QB288 240W LED

Hiya Verb - that new lamp looks pretty handy, good spread
Plants are looking great mate, good stuff
My Gorilla Glue attempt went tits up as it wanted to grow all over the place and ended up a mess, so I set it free in the woods lol Be interesting to see what they should have looked like...
I have a gravity fed system which I use if I'm maxing out 2-4 plants, set to constantly drip, then occasionally flood too
Just wish I could run a hose to the tent :hmmmm:

Hiya Verb - that new lamp looks pretty handy, good spread
Heya Growings! Nice to see you around :)

Yeah did a full background check of the KingBrite brand. The funny thing is that even tho it's a Chinese brand this QB has top quality parts.
Exactly same boards are bought from the KingBrites B2B and sold under brand name TGL 240QB (Todogrow led) - they selling the same board for ~300$, HLG V2 RSPEC (Horticulture Lighting group) this one is being sold for ~350$, plus couple more bigger brands selling same boards.
And I paid 125$ for mine :cheesygrinsmiley: Got it from a finnish drop shipper.

It was indeed a great purchase! 72pcs added epistar's 660nm red diodes makes it perfect for the flowering and generally 3500K color temp works from seed to harvest.

My Gorilla Glue attempt went tits up as it wanted to grow all over the place and ended up a mess, so I set it free in the woods lol Be interesting to see what they should have looked like...
Oh boy :Rasta: But yeah interested to see how they turn out. The previous GG's which got to day 45 before the raid, remember they were bursting mad sized calyxes.
Expecting them to be in full bloom within a week or two.

Anyway thanks for poppin in! I'll update the proggy when getting the auto/gravity irrigation set. Prob going to use the 15L DWC bucket as a reservoir.

Have a nice day
:passitleft:

- Verb

Even gorillas need names…

Okay so got tired of calling them GG#1 and GG#2. :laughtwo: Googled ”two famous gorillas” and it seems that they are very straight creatures. :laugh: Didn't even find a bisexual couple. Lol.

So from now on GG#2 will be named after the world’s most famous gorilla called ”Koko”. She's a female..oops was. Koko was very well trained gorilla, just like GG#2. Just in a bit different way.

Then there was a little difficulty finding an another name. But found this grumpy looking Londoner gorilla who was called ”Guy”.
It was a perfect name because Guy seems to be so happy with himself - just like GG#1. We've got the female guy!
FBF1D809-652E-43E5-8D14-7A8A93FEB98B.jpeg

True Londoner…

57AC2D5A-CC74-4C70-971C-985BE9DEB133.jpeg

:rofl: Guy better yield bare food.

Koko & Guy day 37

3x3 Zoo day 37

Idk how big your going to grow in 2L root space…

If there are any name suggestions for Barney's glue, I'll listen! :thanks:

Thanks for stoppin by
- V

I use small pots and it keeps the size down to 50-80cm and it isn't difficult to make a plant of that size solid bud - probbly 50-70g or so
Rubble Gum? (Barney Rubble + Glue/Gum)
That Zyme is very good with Boost (+PK) if you have it; but sorry, you probbly know that already lol

I use small pots and it keeps the size down to 50-80cm and it isn't difficult to make a plant of that size solid bud - probbly 50-70g or so
She just hit the 70cm margin yday.. :D Barney's Farm description says max height indoors would be 100cm. Wondering how big it already woulda been if I'd planted it in a bigger bucket.

Rubble Gum? (Barney Rubble + Glue/Gum)
Lol awesome. Straight up new name for this strain. She could be Rubble for now and if she ever decides to flower then she gets the new or second name Gum.
Oi have you seen Rubble m8?? Sucha name :laugh: Lol wheres my another londoner @Paul Squiggle haven't seen you on in a while. What you say Rubble, and Rubble Gum?:laugh:

That Zyme is very good with Boost (+PK) if you have it; but sorry, you probbly know that already lol
Yes I've got bottle of Canna's PK13-14. And lol what you saying brother. Aint smart although I'm sharing and spreading some of my ’knowledge’ and experience all over here. :laughtwo:

Got interested and tried lowkey google it. Didn't find anything else really than added enzymes speed up the rate of chemical reactions within plant. Which I guess would also speed up plant nutrient uptake.
So Growings please let me know whats good with them. Actually wanna know now :)

- Verb

She just hit the 70cm margin yday.. :D Barney's Farm description says max height indoors would be 100cm. Wondering how big it already woulda been if I'd planted it in a bigger bucket.

Lol awesome. Straight up new name for this strain. She could be Rubble for now and if she ever decides to flower then she gets the new or second name Gum.
Oi have you seen Rubble m8?? Sucha name :laugh: Lol wheres my another londoner @Paul Squiggle haven't seen you on in a while. What you say Rubble, and Rubble Gum?:laugh:

Yes I've got bottle of Canna's PK13-14. And lol what you saying brother. Aint smart although I'm sharing and spreading some of my ’knowledge’ and experience all over here. :laughtwo:

Got interested and tried lowkey google it. Didn't find anything else really than added enzymes speed up the rate of chemical reactions within plant. Which I guess would also speed up plant nutrient uptake.
So Growings please let me know whats good with them. Actually wanna know now :)

- Verb
Enzymes replenish the root zone by breaking material such as dead root tips and expired mycorrhizae down to useful nutrients, aminos etc which the plant can use; Boost goes hand in hand, providing a rich tea full of plant extracts which works in tandem with the zyme
The K in PK gives the roots a huge push at the same time, resulting in a noticeable flourish of healthy growth and extra flowers, which the P also promotes
Bottom line is - they work together

Enzymes replenish the root zone by breaking material such as dead root tips and expired mycorrhizae down to useful nutrients, aminos etc which the plant can use; Boost goes hand in hand, providing a rich tea full of plant extracts which works in tandem with the zyme
The K in PK gives the roots a huge push at the same time, resulting in a noticeable flourish of healthy growth and extra flowers, which the P also promotes
Bottom line is - they work together
Hey Growings! And thanks for this.
Actually bought the Zym to kind of replace Hydroguard as I found out the benefits of Canna Zym.
Gotta read more about the enzyme relationship with Potassium! :thanks:

5/15 Journal update

Hello 420mag, friends & followers.
Plants still cruising on autopilot. Pretty much just watering them twice per day, thats it. I've tried to limit the amount of water per time to get the plants go through some wet/dry cycles.

And another thing being so thrilled about! I might be getting a CO2 tank and the CO2 ppm sensor for loan. :headbanger: Currently plants getting intake from outside so the CO2 levels are something between 400-600ppm. With the tank could bump it up to 1200. I'll get to know during the next week so fingers crossed.

Yesterday re-adjusted the light height and intensity as the highest tops were getting +1200ppfd.
Light is hung 16-17" above the canopy and dimmed to ~70%.
Now they getting pretty steady 600-800ppfd and an average DLI is 50.
30C19E88-D376-4E78-A82F-AA118414EFDB.png

80305397-7D6E-4CB5-BD6B-88D166D8CED0.png

Yesterday flushed the buckets as runoff EC was spiking up to 3.1 / ~1500ppm YIKES :sorry:
As the stretch has slowed down I've tried to bring EC down from 2.4 to 1.8 because these foliar symptoms keeps progressing.
Does this look like Potassium related issue because of the leaves are "tacoing" and the tips and margins are slightly burnt/yellowing? Temperatures shouldn't be the problem because it do not exceed 24C lights on.
06F99E47-A58D-40C2-8C09-4E26E6711A78.jpeg

566CA117-F8C5-478C-B3D9-FC63FF7ED4E9.jpeg

First I thought they're short on Magnesium before the leaves started tacoing. Amount of Magnesium in feed is 60ppm and Calcium goes as ~130ppm.

May I holla at you @stinker for a sec? You ran @Remo Nutrients full lineup through the flowering period. Did you feed according to their recommendations? Because for the flowering phase they call for 2ml/L CalMag, Micro, Bloom, Astro, Natures & Velo
These amounts results in mad high Potassium ppm's up to 330ppm and 110ppm of Phosphorus.

And at the moment, it feels that the symptoms are getting worse as the EC of feedmix goes down..Which makes this situation even more confused. Are they on short of something, or is something blocking other element uptake? :hmmmm:

Anyway heres some pics.

Koko bud set (shes faster)

Guy

Look how she praying…

And 5/15 tent groupie

Thanks for stoppin by. Appreciate all the feedback

- Verb

Actually bought the Zym to kind of replace Hydroguard as I found out the benefits of Canna Zym.

5/15 Journal update

Plants still cruising on autopilot. Pretty much just watering them twice per day, thats it. I've tried to limit the amount of water per time to get the plants go through some wet/dry cycles.

And another thing being so thrilled about! I might be getting a CO2 tank and the CO2 ppm sensor for loan. :headbanger: Currently plants getting intake from outside so the CO2 levels are something between 400-600ppm. With the tank could bump it up to 1200. I'll get to know during the next week so fingers crossed.

Yesterday re-adjusted the light height and intensity as the highest tops were getting +1200ppfd.

Yesterday flushed the buckets as runoff EC was spiking up to 3.1 / ~1500ppm YIKES :sorry:
As the stretch has slowed down I've tried to bring EC down from 2.4 to 1.8 because these foliar symptoms keeps progressing.
Does this look like Potassium related issue because of the leaves are "tacoing" and the tips and margins are slightly burnt/yellowing? Temperatures shouldn't be the problem because it do not exceed 24C lights on.

First I thought they're short on Magnesium before the leaves started tacoing. Amount of Magnesium in feed is 60ppm and Calcium goes as ~130ppm.

May I holla at you @stinker for a sec? You ran @Remo Nutrients full lineup through the flowering period. Did you feed according to their recommendations? Because for the flowering phase they call for 2ml/L CalMag, Micro, Bloom, Astro, Natures & Velo
These amounts results in mad high Potassium ppm's up to 330ppm and 110ppm of Phosphorus.

And at the moment, it feels that the symptoms are getting worse as the EC of feedmix goes down..Which makes this situation even more confused. Are they on short of something, or is something blocking other element uptake? :hmmmm:

Anyway heres some pics.

Guy

Look how she praying…

And 5/15 tent groupie

- Verb
Hey Verb hope everything is going good my friend.
Garden looks great. :thumb:
That does look like potassium issue, is it starting on the lower leaves?

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Hey Verb hope everything is going good my friend.
Garden looks great. :thumb:
That does look like potassium issue, is it starting on the lower leaves?

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill
Hellow brother Bill and thanks for stopping by.

And ye indeed looks like Potassium excess. Lowest fans are pretty much fine. Some of them looks a bit more like over watered. These foliar symptoms starting from the mid all the way up to the newest leaves. Thing is it feels like it's getting worse the lower K ppm goes…

They were fine during the stretch when fed them about 260-310ppm of K. Now I've tried/dropped it from 290 to 220ppm.
Anyway they look to be growing fine, I'd just want to eliminate any possible future problems in advance. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hope you're fine :Namaste:
Verb

Lookin good Verb.

To me the issues your seeing are from the PPFD being to high, the edges of the leaves are pointing up at the top of the plant. Another thing I noticed in the first pic of the plants you posted is it looks like the beginning of Calcium deficiency which is another sign of the lights being to intense.

I think now that you have backed the intensity down it should be just fine if you continue with the current feeding your using.

Lookin good Verb.

To me the issues your seeing are from the PPFD being to high, the edges of the leaves are pointing up at the top of the plant. Another thing I noticed in the first pic of the plants you posted is it looks like the beginning of Calcium deficiency which is another sign of the lights being to intense.

I think now that you have backed the intensity down it should be just fine if you continue with the current feeding your using.
Hey N420 and thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it :)

Heh finally someone had something to say about the light intensity/DLI! :cheesygrinsmiley:
I guess around 700-800umol/m2/s which results in 50 DLI when having 19/5 light schedule, might be too intense(?)

Does the leaf serrates "taco up" due the light stress? No other light stress symptoms visible tho.
Also I've tried to play with the VPD for a bit - tried to lower VPD down to 0.9-1kPa precisely because of the intensity of the light. …So that the plants does not have to transpire as much as in drier air.

They're getting 125ppm of Ca, 55-60ppm Mg so that should be enough.
So what you reckon should I aim for max 40 DLI? That'd something between 450-600ppfd.

Grow Light Meter aka Photone also recommends for an avg of 40 DLI.
90BCD8A7-E83B-4B7C-8FEB-93186BB46AFA.jpeg

Thanks
- V

guess around 700-800umol/m2/s which results in 50 DLI when having 19/5 light schedule, might be too intense(?)
I usually aim for around 800 -900 Ppfd across the canopy but that’s on a 12/ 12 light cycle for photos. I don’t really run autos but if I was it would probably be better to be in the 600-800 range because of a longer lights on cycle.
Does the leaf serrates "taco up" due the light stress?
From my experience and from what I’ve read watched yes. You are right on the edge of to much intensity, the leaves are turning up to protect themselves from the light intensity.
So what you reckon should I aim for max 40 DLI? That'd something between 450-600ppfd.
Honestly Verb I don’t normally concern myself with DLI, not saying it’s not important to monitor just not something I personally do. If it were me I’d be somewhere between 600-800 Ppfd and see how they respond, you could get away with the leaf tips pointing up but if the Ca deficiency spreads more then what your seeing now your the lights intense.

Sounds to me like your in the right range for you Cal Mag inputs and wouldn’t recommend adding any more or you risk throwing your ratios off. I never use Cal Mag personally but I’m also not growing in Hempy and never have I grow in Pro Mix, so your Cal Mag needs may differ from mine.

5/15 Journal update

Anyway heres some pics.

Guy

Look how she praying…

And 5/15 tent groupie

- Verb
As always nice job @Verbalist

Honestly Verb I don’t normally concern myself with DLI, not saying it’s not important to monitor just not something I personally do. If it were me I’d be somewhere between 600-800 Ppfd and see how they respond, you could get away with the leaf tips pointing up but if the Ca deficiency spreads more then what your seeing now your the lights intense.
This is exactly why DLI is an important value :) Someone could ran 1300PPFD under 12/12 schedule and the same values under 20/4 lights results in like 60-70 DLI.
Gotcha and tried to dim lamp down to ~50-60% for overnight. Well, as mentioned earlier it's definitely getting worse as the feed EC goes down.

Current ratios are:
Nitrogen (N) - 150ppm
Phosphrus (P) - 60ppm
Potassium (K) - 225ppm (thought Potassium blocking Ca/Mg uptake but apparently not)
Calcium (Ca) - 94ppm + 19ppm from tap water (115ppm)
Magnesium (Mg) - 55ppm
Sulfur (S) - 11ppm

For me these ratios are looking pretty good and balanced. But the symptoms proceed. They appear on mid fans and newest leaves
DF15A640-5986-49D4-B338-4DEF6E4C4029.jpeg

A691E3AC-11CE-4565-BBE2-F4B25FBF154D.jpeg

Took a quick read on GrowWeedEasy about Light burn & Light stress

This was the very first pic which pops up - match…
1652691709904.jpeg

Sometimes the first sign a plant is getting too much light is all the leaves start pointing up or “praying”, like this (though sometimes you don’t see any symptoms until the yellowing starts)
You may noticed just the tallest colas getting droopy, which is sometimes a sign the light is too intense (though it could also be caused by root problems or over/under watering)

Well these would make sense. Plants also starts to wilt or look droopy two-couple hours before the lights go off. But wondering whats hapenning with the mid section biggest fan leaves? I'd guess the plants drawing something from there. But what is it? Is it Magnesium which is needed in higher amounts amongst with Calcium?

This is getting tricky again :nerd-with-glasses:

As always nice job @Verbalist
Hello Dank777 thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it. And thank you! :passitleft:
- V

5/18 Update

Start of the 7th week
Day 43
Flowering 14

Ciao! Time for another update.
I guess maybe figured out whats causing the foliar symptoms. And saying 'foliar symptoms' because can not really point if it's a lockout due the pH, deficiency or something blocking other element.

Anyway the tent is really crowded and plants seem to be respirating A LOT. During the day tent RH creeps sometimes up to 65% if the intake duct is fully open. So the messed up VPD already has an effect on transpiration. Then tried to google what causes plants respiration increase;
Excess Sugars

An increased rate of photosynthesis often leads to an increased rate of respiration, with leaves in the upper canopy of trees and shrubs respiring faster than shaded material lower down.
Hey Canna Zym is it you??? Didn't even know sucha thing exists ”excess sugars”. I've used Canna Zym every watering and as plants getting watered twice per day, I guess this is possible?

Well tried to google more about the subject;
The process of respiration in plants involves using the sugars produced during photosynthesis plus oxygen to produce energy for plant growth. In many ways, respiration is the opposite of photosynthesis. In the natural environment, plants produce their own food to survive.
So they might be putting themselves into biotic stress..
Cellular respiration mostly happens during the night when plants don't photosynthesize - Autos do, photos not.
With no light, there is no photosynthesis. So the rate of respiration is greater than the rate of photosynthesis. So this means there is an overall excess of carbon dioxide produced during respiration. An excess is the same as a negative uptake.
I guess in my situation the respiration exceeds photosynthesis during the lights ON… @FelipeBlu you seem to be inactive but I'd love to know if you've got something to mention about this! :)

I guess might have to ditch the Zym for a while and see if that helps. If the problem solves just like that then might start using it only like once in a week and dose up when the buds start to swell.

Then what comes to the foliar symptoms I think Potassium however has role on it.
This is whats going on with the lower fans now. K or just over watering symptoms?
9C949D24-DE65-4467-B4D1-F4689BA1A3BA.jpeg

2C366174-BB8D-42D7-8269-F56D72AACA81.jpeg

21367148-D3CE-4B29-BCA5-4E46CE8E42D9.jpeg

Even tho they seem not being alright they keep growing pretty normally.
Made a whole new patch of nutes - just following Remo's recommendations with 3/4 strength.
Feed new EC is 1.8 / ~900ppm. Slightly upped the Potassium ppm as we have about 130ppm of Ca. pH'd the new feed to 5.9-6 to see if they like a bit higher than 5.7-5.8

Bud shots & pics from day 43:

Today they'll get a slight hair cut to expose lower bud sites better.

The problem child still exists :laughtwo: Barney's auto glue is shifting tomorrow into the 7th week and shes yet to be flowering…..
:lot-o-toke:
Shes getting a heavy lollipopping today!

Bottle as a reference. Shes a bit over 32inches tall and she only has 2L root space in Coco Hempy.
626C4456-5FD3-4AE1-AC13-9098D8A07920.jpeg

I've neglected her big time as the coco dries bone dry couple times per day. Prob leaving only the four tallest colas and 2/3 of their top growth.

I'll post more pics later today when I get their haircuts ready.

Thanks for stopping, and I appreciate all the feedback!
Thanks

Have a nice day

V

5/21/2022 Update
Day 46

G'day magazine!
Love the way how Gorilla Glues flowering proceed - at the beginning of the 7th week there was some visible frost already laying on top of sugar leaves. And since then there has been no end in sight! :yummy: Even the stems getting coated with trics, so every time attempting to scrop them getting preeety sticky fingers.

But not everything has went that smooth as it sounds. Been fighting with the environments and plants nutrition. My extraction fan is getting end of the road.. Fan blades took a bit of a hit when I was repositioning it. Now it keeps almost 40dB buzzing and the draft power has significantly reduced. Weww.. Buying a new one prob next week.

I've also reduced the 5L Hempies irrigation only once in a day to make them go through proper wet/dry cycles. Right now they getting about 0.8-1L each per day.
Yesterday gave them again a good flush. Used un pH'd tap water ~7.5-8pH / 90-100ppm. The runoff was showing 550ppm / 1EC and 6.4 pH. Isn't that good? As the runoff pH dropped down to 6.4 from 7.5ish, I guess the medium was slightly on acid side(?)
Ran water through the Hempy pots until runoff was showing 7pH.

• Light intensity is still set to moderate low. Theyre getting 500-700ppfd which results in about 45 DLI.
  • Tent humidity bouncing between 40-60% which is getting little problematic as the extractor fan does not draw enough

And the photos. Day 44-46:

Funny how they've pretty different phenotypes. Guy & Koko:

Budlet pics:

Oh and let me show soon the clones I took when lollipopped the Barney's glue. Yep auto clones! Seems like 3 out of 4 has developed their first roots. :yahoo:
I'll be posting more about them later when getting back to the place.

Have a nice saturday and stay medicated
:smokin: V

So here is the clones! These cuttings were taken from @Barney's Farm Gorilla Glue AUTO when defoliated their mum plant.
Their mum, the eternal problem child. Before and after pruning.
A3685FDB-08D7-4F46-B568-E02BEF835B9C.jpeg

08A29CF6-2A81-4AC8-BC5F-F17EDABBFA57.jpeg

..and the rest lower 1/3 got pruned later on same day.

5/12/2022 took four "best looking" cuttings and sticked them to 4x4cm Rockwool slabs. :cheesygrinsmiley:
F9538436-1EEA-46EC-B0F2-3A84E0B20F6C.jpeg

As you can tell didn't see much effort with these :laugh: Straight up plastic cups on top of them. Misted the cups inside only once and rehydrated the slabs twice during 10 days.
Buffered RW slabs in 5.6pH solution where I mixed 1/16tsp RAW's Kelp, GHE Root booster and about 0.5ml Remo's Velokelp.
I'm just saying Kelp must be the real magic additive.

Then, after ~10days, meh well they look pretty ruff but looks like at least 3 of them has rooted. Gently tried to pull them but they clearly opposed. So tried to peel of the RW slabs little and found theres rooots! :yahoo:
2EF6536E-AE7C-48CB-AAF2-4AA02DED1603.jpeg

428FB9E6-44CC-4FA3-9B9A-906E5A7DA901.jpeg

I'll wait until the first roots comes through the RW slabs then prob transplanting them into solo cups. Had an idea …What if…I'd shove all four of them into the same 6" netcup and fire up my DWC? :idea:
If they somehow remain the autoflowering genetics I guess they should start flowering as soon as the roots has developed.

Even tho they didn't have the roots this is the one clone which were "growing green" during this ten days:
1D4828AB-8350-489A-8CB8-E897B78A2F63.jpeg

FC7C5861-C543-4C66-8AAB-67A1D0863033.jpeg

If they fully root and start flowering after that they could turn into nice bud sticks.
The DWC experiment would be cool to play with, but the surest way would be to peel off the excess RW and put them in a coco.

If you've got any fancy ideas how to play with these I'm all ears. Anything, more improvised the better.

:smokin: Verb

5/23 Update

New week, same struggles. Guy aka GG#1 growth seem to be stallled. I suspect excess Potash. :nerd-with-glasses:

Decided to give a try for the new watering practices. I'll start watering them twice per day again but every other irrigation will be plain tap water pH'd to somewhere between 6-6.3
Also restrained the new feed mix EC down to 1.6 / 800ppm and starting to work my way up from there.

They should slowly start gaining weight after 50 days IF we're still on the generic schedule.

Tip & leaf margin burn looks lil ugly

Buds starting to frost up real quick. Could also indicate that excess Potassium accumulates.

Hope you like the pics & thanks for stoppin. Blessings

V

PS. Which extraction/duct fan you prefer for my setup? 3x3x5 tent volume is 1.2m3 and 6" filter.

Two pre-sets 220m3/h & 280m3/h:
1653297020220.jpeg

270m3/h with stepless speed controller:
1653297201965.jpeg

5/26 Update

Day 51 above ground
Flowering day: 22

Whats good magazine famz? It's time for another update. Lol I bet no one reads all this kibosh. :cheesygrinsmiley: But I'll go for it anyway.

So yesterday bought the new extractor fan. Decided to try the Vents TT 220 & 280m3/h as it was way smaller size than the ufo version which I linked above. I was little curious if it draws enough on the highest speed as Carbon filter reduces about 20% of the draft.
Turned out thats for sure no longer a concern. Don't know how it looks on the picture but now got the proper negative pressure and tent looks like a hourglass. :laughtwo:
0F4F62E3-A76E-4E09-AAD6-70037F3EC0AA.jpeg

Fan up'n'runnin. Higher speed option 280m3/h might be too much for the filter as manufacturer suggests max draft of 240m3/h.
6987DE8C-7B7E-48C2-92FE-81CE08F0C2CA.jpeg

1586EA35-CBAC-4BEA-8BB6-07CD05C99637.jpeg

Unfortunately couldn't get the 10kg/20lb CO2 tank because apparently there wasn't free sensor available. Such a large tank without a measuring device is starting to be a health risk because the whole grow room is only about 15m3. Without the meter can't tell if the CO2 ppm's gets too high… So yeah, I got 6 free CO2 bags :rofl:
Theyre way worse and as I hung two bags inside the tent, by the evening wifey started to bitch about that shes getting hedache and breathing feels "odd". Well I guess it was possible as the fan draws all the CO2 enriched air out of the tent… Conclusion; took them all off…for now. :eye-roll:

Then the gorilla gals. They just entered to 8th week. Feels like there has been barely any growth at all during the last week. And I'm really running out of the ideas - would be much appreciated if you've got any, ANY directions to point for me.
Tried to take care of the environments; RH has been between 45-60%, temps 23-26C and dimmed the led down to 50ish which gave a moderate 400-550PPFD. Tried to play with the fertilization. Diluded the feed and tried different ”strengths” from 1.9 EC / ~950ppm down to 1.4 / 700ppm. All I noticed the lower the EC went the worse foliar symptoms got.
This is how the worst leaves look. For me the burnt dots look like a lack of Calcium (Ive tried Ca in range 70-120ppm). The tips then appear more like dried than burnt.
2EA52859-A400-45F2-B0B1-6B0EB3815ED0.jpeg

Available water might be the biggest bottle necking factor right now, but does lack of water cause this kind of tip/margin burn?

Took Koko & Guy out for the flush again. Runoff pH was showing 6.8 and 7! :thedoubletake: I've every time pH'd between 5.8-6
Guy. Whole different pheno

@Barney's Farm Mystery Glue auto finally decided to flower!
30-32" tall btw in 2L root space. If we get this in full bloom might get the first POTH entry as well as :cheesygrinsmiley:

Day 51

Stay safe & grow well! :green_heart:

Verb

5/31 Journal update
Day 51

Howdy! Updates been lacking on this week. Well it's been a kinda busy week, and been struggling with the plants fertilizing…
25669C96-584E-4802-9D29-C42D4BC52B89.jpeg

Literally spent 4,5h browsing others journals and gdiaries who uses @Remo Nutrients
With autoflowers it seems like the best results has been achieved with half from the recommended. So I guess I didn't go low enough.
New feed has been mixed and everything goes 1:1 (1ml/L) expect Astroflower goes only 0.75ml/L.

Decided to setup an adjustable DIY gravity irrigation.
Old DWC bucket works as a reservoir. Two adjustable valves to regulate drip frequency. It's just getting hard to set it lower than 0.5L per hour. …Which is like one drop every two-one second. Lol.
7E89777A-A879-4DBD-8E7A-CD8E3BA038EE.jpeg

8BC685FD-7291-484D-931A-A0323A28CE34.jpeg

A273B079-E273-4B32-ADEF-37D3AFE8B614.jpeg

Didn't block the overflow/tailpieces because found out those green valves drip "better" from two output holes.

Now it feels a bit more hydro thingy again! :cheesygrinsmiley:

And the gorilla gals. Feels like their growth/bud development has been completely non-existent during the last week. Hopefully didn't stunt them too much, as my ”experimental EC testings” went high as 2.5 EC / ~1200ppm.

Here they are on day 56, at the end of the 8th week. Seems like 70 days wont be nowhere close and god bless if they go much over 80… Both plants in perlite hempies stayed pretty compact. And not expecting too much from them. I'm happy if both yield more than 2 ounces per plant.
I still hope that red spectra LED amazes me during the ripen by creating solid dense rocks. Wishes! :cheesygrinsmiley:

And @Barney's Farm Gorilla Glue auto finally decided to flower! :laugh: Shit she had over 7 weeks veg. And well, look at her… shes in 2L Coco hempy. It has like 1.6-1.8L root space total and now shes over 45 inches tall!:thedoubletake:

Guess how many times the pot has tipped over :cheesygrinsmiley:

Stay medicated and grow well my amigos
- V

Back
Top Bottom