Spring Random Photoperiod Experiment

Hi Catman, just found your new journal and looks like you are off to a good start with the photos. You mentioned that you were gifted some bag seed and received a seed order but didn't tell what strain your babies are. Please fill us in (if known) or at least whether they are indica- or sativa-dominant. This may affect how you will need to care for your girls as they start to stretch after flip. I'll tag along for the ride....

Glad to see you are doing well and in better spirits now that winter is over!

Hi Catman, just found your new journal and looks like you are off to a good start with the photos. You mentioned that you were gifted some bag seed and received a seed order but didn't tell what strain your babies are. Please fill us in (if known) or at least whether they are indica- or sativa-dominant. This may affect how you will need to care for your girls as they start to stretch after flip. I'll tag along for the ride....

Glad to see you are doing well and in better spirits now that winter is over!

Hey tokezilla Welcome :peace:

I wasn't clear - I've had these bag seeds for a long time because I got them at the same time as my order, so I ran autos from the order for a couple grows and now I'm doing these bag seeds from my friend...

And, I am experimenting with LST, topping and...well...accidental supper cropping and um :scratchinghead: one major destruction. Photos and real update probably Saturday

The healthy grower who is training just fine looks Indica dominant for sure. The "twins" that I have accidentally destroyed probably had more stavia showing. They are recovering in their own way so I figured "what the hell" and popped a Feminized Freebie into some soil and figured I'd keep them all in veg until the new one is ready to flower. The Indica, if female, could turn into a nice big lady by then.

I'm probably not making sense because I just got home from work and vaped some PE...so...there's that :cheesygrinsmiley:

Morning, TopCat. Hope all is well and good in your little corner of the world. I wanted to share a pic of Sammy with you. She is the 1 viable Harlequin seed from our seed project. I am rather fond of her...
IMG_20150424_244718076.jpg
IMG_20150424_244701692.jpg

Thanks for letting me share them here! :thanks: As soon as the clones Sweetleef took off of her are good to go, I will flip her to flower. Then the clones will return here and we will fem some more seeds! I love these plants! :love:

Morning, TopCat. Hope all is well and good in your little corner of the world. I wanted to share a pic of Sammy with you. She is the 1 viable Harlequin seed from our seed project. I am rather fond of her...

Thanks for letting me share them here! :thanks: As soon as the clones Sweetleef took off of her are good to go, I will flip her to flower. Then the clones will return here and we will fem some more seeds! I love these plants! :love:

Lovely looking lady you have there

Gonna be a big sammy after shes flipped... Much buddage on the horizon, fellow grower

I would add a " thumbs up " emoticon here, but i have no clue how to do it, since the mobile phone version of this forum has changed loads... I cant find em

I'm probably not making sense because I just got home from work and vaped some PE...so...there's that

Lol.... Told ya she can well nice... Ol PE can indeed kick some ass.. Are you getting the pineapple taste ??...., glad you got some quality smoke outta of it dude...

Just remember, you grew it, noone else... Your embarking on another journey... With loads of training going on.... My point is, your doing great, you just need to realise it yourself my friend... Have faith in yourself, if you ever doubt your ability, just look in ya nug jar....

Have a great weekend catman

" high 5 "

Saturday Update:

I've been waking up at 4:00 am this past week, which is a bad sign historically.

So, I've timed my retirement well :cheesygrinsmiley: 4 more days to go at work and then plan my Rx drop with the help of my home grown meds [and lost and lots of rest]
:volcano-smiley:

I've been practicing my Bonsai Skills with the troops because of height restraints and have been heavy handed :straightface: I have stubby fingers [nice] and cannot feel most of my right thumb.

Yes there have been casualties
:rofl:, but they just keep growing so I'm just trying to watch them do their thing at this point :popcorn:

PHOTOS [I am saving the unbroken for last]:

Closet

WK_4_Closet_3_.jpg

WK_4_Closet_1_.jpg

This is the unfortunate one that had some mildew so I quarantined. I was trying to loosen up the stem for LST purposes and um "super cropped" it. by accident. No more mildew so it has been under the lights past couple of days. Stunted but green and growing.

WK_4_19_.jpg

on the pan with one of the "twins"

WK_4_20_.jpg

The "twins popped on the same day and have looked the same while growing. I've topped them both, but I snapped the beautiful canopy clean off one of them softening up the stem for LST purposes. The other has the two tops still, but lost it's main fan leaves due to my idiocy.

Broken Canopy - Made 2 tops if it survives:

WK_4_8_.jpg

WK_4_13_1.jpg

Has been topped and is training well, but lost it's fan leaves:

WK_4_17_.jpg

Here is the unbroken. The main event with 2 tops and unbroken training. I'll call it the gender neutral name PAT and we'll see at 12/12 what PAT will do with this sexing game.

WK_4_4_1.jpg

WK_4_5_1.jpg

After adjusting the wire to increase training. You can see the 2 tops.

WK_4_15_1.jpg

The lights are at about 24" and they've had 2 light feedings of FF Grow Big so far [except the quarantined one has had no nutrients as of yet] Temps have been lower her past couple nights. The closet ranges btw 68 to 82 degrees and the RH is upward of 68 down to 35% when in need of watering. I run a small oscillating fan for a while about twice daily and run the fan in the ONA bucket as needed. PAT is starting to smell and oddly so is the smallest one. The twins are just hanging around. All are due for a feeding, but I have misgivings about using CaMag if not needed. PAT looks fine - Maybe the twins could use a CaMag dose.

I'm trying to germinate a feminized freebie. If it pops, it's usually in 4 days, so that would be Monday.

That's it - Wishing you all Green Growing

:peace: :rollit: :blunt::peace: :rollit: :blunt::peace:

I'm probably not making sense because I just got home from work and vaped some PE...so...there's that

Lol.... Told ya she can well nice... Ol PE can indeed kick some ass.. Are you getting the pineapple taste ??...., glad you got some quality smoke outta of it dude...

Just remember, you grew it, noone else... Your embarking on another journey... With loads of training going on.... My point is, your doing great, you just need to realise it yourself my friend... Have faith in yourself, if you ever doubt your ability, just look in ya nug jar....

Have a great weekend catman

" high 5 "

:high-five:

Thanks for dropping in and motivating me Budworshipper :Namaste:

PE has a great aroma with that pineapple "tang" but I can't taste very well so I can't tell you the truth about that :)

I'm trying to chill out and I've been learning a lot as evidenced by these broken troops - But I tell my son we learn the most by screwing things up so I'm learning a lot this grow :rofl:

Hope life is treating you swell and your weekend is great too :peace:

Beautiful. Just beautiful Ms Magic :hippy: Post anytime. Isn't it great having such lush green life around? Super healthy looking ladies +Props for sure :)

Lovely looking lady you have there

Gonna be a big sammy after shes flipped... Much buddage on the horizon, fellow grower

I would add a " thumbs up " emoticon here, but i have no clue how to do it, since the mobile phone version of this forum has changed loads... I cant find em

Here's your thumbs up :thumb:

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Keep us updated on those plants!

:Namaste:

Ok, so the French toast looks really yummy! :dreamy: Thanks for the update, I'm sorry there were some minor problems, but they all look healthy and I think they will bounce back really quick. My hands don't work exactly like they are designed to work either and it can be pretty frustrating. I did a major defol on my girl Friday night and thought I might do some damage with my fumbling. I got lucky in that the only things I snapped off were coming off anyway. I was ruthless! Turns out I liked it! Who knew? As far as the LST goes though, I am not able to do that. I can't soften up those stems for nothing.
Congratulations on the retirement!! :party: How exciting! You certainly have an awesome hobby in place! Any other retirement plans?

Happy retirement Catman, you can now relax somewhat... More time to tend to ya ladies

You are 100% correct on the learning front.. We learn the most, by our mistakes...

Im glad i can help motivate and reassure you... Im a glass half full kinda guy... Just trying to pass it on, my friend..

I hope retirement treats you well. Keep yaself and ya mind active.. Take up a new hobby... My parents are retired, they always upto summin...my dads 72... Still fishes 2 times a week, karate instructor, biker, military charity supporter....

Just make the most of it mate.. You've earned it

Put ya feet up, have a vape & start planning how to grow old disgracefully

:passitleft::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Happy retirement Catman, you can now relax somewhat...Put ya feet up, have a vape & start planning how to grow old disgracefully

:passitleft::laughtwo::laughtwo:

:rofl: :volcano-smiley:

Thanks Budworshipper and thanks for dropping by everybody :peace:

Pat is stinking, I have a new pot for her when need be. The freebie sprouted last night so that was quick. I have been playing nursemaid and trying to strategize for Pat to stay veging until I can flip the sprout [if she makes it] I don't want to train the freebie - just let her flower early and let her be as small as she can be. Don't want to screw her up LOL :popcorn:

One more week to go - It is very strange. After I will sleep before I decide what to do :partyboy:

Ok, so the French toast looks really yummy! :dreamy: Thanks for the update, I'm sorry there were some minor problems, but they all look healthy and I think they will bounce back really quick. My hands don't work exactly like they are designed to work either and it can be pretty frustrating. I did a major defol on my girl Friday night and thought I might do some damage with my fumbling. I got lucky in that the only things I snapped off were coming off anyway. I was ruthless! Turns out I liked it! Who knew? As far as the LST goes though, I am not able to do that. I can't soften up those stems for nothing.
Congratulations on the retirement!! :party: How exciting! You certainly have an awesome hobby in place! Any other retirement plans?

So you like the tending and pruning :cheesygrinsmiley: One plan, if I stay where land is cheaper, would be room in a place to grow enough to keep practicing. Practicing on just one or two plants makes it hard to be brave when experimenting with edibles and topicals too. Mess up and that's it for another 3 months...:straightface:

But, I'm not gonna complain - a key to contentment is liking anything you end up with on purpose :):rollit::)

Here's hoping your Ladies stay green and happy :peace:

Back
Top Bottom