Spring's Obvious - Stealth Grow!

Re: Spring's Obviouas/Stealth grow!

Well i tried the 250 watt cfl and the temps dropped to 90. That is workable but I'm not happy. I would prefer to use my HPS. Anyone that watched my first 2 grows knows I'm a CFL experienced nut!!

imagejpeg_2_12_.jpg
imagejpeg_3_11_.jpg

you got a Jack Russel?

Found this on Lifehacker. DIY air conditioner for 40$ !

The idea's not bad, but you would need a pump and a heat exchanger.

[video=youtube;QTWQv-Gkkew]
[/video]

How to Build a DIY Dorm-Legal A/C

...Or buy an old fridge on ebay

got one that looks just like him and about the same age. mines a girl and she is still one of the fastest anything I have ever seen. besides watching my money go:)
Thanks guys! Fish...yep he is a Jack russell!! And a little shit he is! 7 years old and still goes 100 mph!! Still has his balls.

you could look up swamp coolers.

When the tents running spring, what's the temp in the garage out of interest?

A 600w hps will always put out a lot of heat so it's finding the cheapest way of getting that heat out of the tent in the first instance, then work back from there. It might be one of those air-cooled reflectors, or upgrading your fan to a more powerful one so you empty the tent of air more times per hour, or possibly both.
Once the hot air's getting out the tent and the temps are where you want them, then you can monitor the garage temp over 24-48h. If that stays relatively steady over a light cycle then happy days.
If the garage temp climbs and causes the tent's temp to rise towards the end of a light cycle then we deal with cooling the garage or venting the hot air externally, but the first thing is getting the hot air out of the tent quickly

barks at worms crossing the street:)
Got a Russel to and yep she's a pistol, always on top of everything. Nosiest dog I ever met.:cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC015112.JPG
you got a Jack Russel?
yep she ripped the curtain and the trim off the window after the mailman.
he has pepper sprayed her 4 times now:) so there is no love going on there. other than her loving to get a hold of his ass:)

Fingers crossed they'll be no need to cool the garage. It looks a pretty large space so the air volume will be huge relative to the tent and the heat should just dissipate - it should stay a relatively constant temp. If it does heat up a couple of degrees over the course of a light cycle it shouldn't cause any major temp issues and should cool back down during lights out, assuming of course they didn't insulate the absolute hell out of the garage when they built it.

Temps seem to stay around 90 in the garage. It has been cloudy the past few days. GK, good advice...Im researching! My Jack russell is a crazed dog! I love him and he loves me but he wont hesitate to bite me if I stare him down.

Luckily, Jackie is really mellow for the breed. Although when she gets something in her head there isn't much going to stop her. she kept jumping the fence after squirrels, rabbit's ect. I put up an electric fence on the regular fence, she knew if she raised up to jump the fence she would get shocked, if she saw some quarry instincts would take over and she would bust her own rear every time. I finally couldn't take it no more and had to take it down. We just watch close now and she doesn't go far when she jumps. So I guess pick your battles that one you will not win.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Luckily, Jackie is really mellow for the breed. Although when she gets something in her head there isn't much going to stop her. she kept jumping the fence after squirrels, rabbit's ect. I put up an electric fence on the regular fence, she knew if she raised up to jump the fence she would get shocked, if she saw some quarry instincts would take over and she would bust her own rear every time. I finally couldn't take it no more and had to take it down. We just watch close now and she doesn't go far when she jumps. So I guess pick your battles that one you will not win.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Seems she is a good dog! I have an invisible fence but he can run through the shock!! My Cur dog cant even handel the shock but he goes through it~!

Back
Top Bottom