Sprite as a pipe cleaner

hossua34

A long time ago, I heard from a friend that a good way to clean a bowl in a pinch was to let it soak overnight in Sprite (I assume Sierra Mist works too), then blast it with high-pressured water the next day. I tried this the other day, because I had two really clogged and gross pieces and no iso or salt, but a lot of Sprite. I was pretty impressed. Not everything came totally clean, but the pipe I tried it on looked 90% unused, and hit pretty much like new.

It seems so simple, TOO simple, but it works really well. And you can tell from the moment you pour the soda over the pipe - when it fizzes and bubbles from inside it - that it's going to work. The combination of the fizzy CO2 and all the acids added to the Sprite eat away at the resin. Not as well as coarse salt & rubbing alcohol, of course, but a pretty good substitute in a jam!

Re: Sprite (!) as a pipe cleaner

hmmm i wonder how coca cola would do :dodgy:

I've been told Efferdent will clean a bowl like the shiznit, too. I haven't tried it.

:bongrip:

There are lots of things that will clean a pipe. I'm sure if you let it sit long enough anything will clean it. I've used just hot water out of the faucet before.

Back
Top Bottom