Sprouting a Seed

TragedyThrill

Hello fellow friends,

Just yesterday, I found 2 seeds in my stash, and because I loved this weed, I saved the 2 seeds. (It was O.G. Kush). Now I talked to my dealer when I went over there today and he told me to put the 2 seeds on a table, and push down on them with your finger, if they crack they are no good, and also gave me this light brown/light green little square block, its fluffy and made of something kinda like cotton I guess. He said once the seed sprouts alittle, put it in here.

Now I got home, and put the 2 seeds on my table. Sure enough, the first one cracked right open, but the second one didn't. So now, I didn't ask my buddy how to sprout it, so how / what is the best or easiest way I can start sprouting this seed? Any suggestions are welcomed! I saw at my buddy's house that he had a mason jar, and looked like basicly he dropped the seed in, and filled it with water. Let me know what you guys think I should do. I will post pictures as soon as I take them, get them uploaded, and then approved! Thanks for everyone's help in advance! Toke On!:headbanger:

Also on this wierd square block (don't know what to call it), it has a little plastic around the outside and the label says "gro|dan Delta". If anyone knows what it is, lol just wait for the pictures, then it'll make sence.

with only 2 seeds i would have tried to germinate without squashing one, dont really see the point in breaking it before even giving it a chance to spout lol.

anyways,
that grodan block you can use that to get it started. just get it soaking wet and put the seed in the hole and keep it moist after that.

he probally soaks them in the mason jar for awhile first.. lots of people do i figure its gonna be wet enough either way.

if it sprouts i usually wait a few days or till the roots are poking out, then stick the cube in a pot of dirt and cover it up and let it keep growing.

I have heard of cracking them a little to jump start the germ a little. . . but what your guy told you. . . I have not, probably should have just germ'd them both. I throw my seeds in some water over night first. ( any that sink I don't germinate ). :peace:

I accually got a friend who has been growing for quite a while who does that cracking the seed thing But I never did It I just planted them and hoped for the best but I figure there must be some kind of truth behind it

Alrighty, woke up this morning and read all of your replies, and I now have filled up my mason jar 1/4 with water, and the seed it just floating around the top in there. I closed the lid and put it in a dark cool place under my desk. How long should I leave it there, and is there anything that I should be checking up periodically about it, or just wait till I see it to start sprouting, and then place it in the gordan and keep that moist to continue its roots? I gotta leave now, but i'll be back 4 hours!

Thanks everyone

next time just sqeeze the seed gently with your thumb and forefinger. if it cracks then it isnt any good. if it doesnt and it feels nice and hard, then i germinate. all seeds will crack at some point if you put alot of pressure on them, so i wouldnt do the table thing again.

Alrighty, woke up this morning and read all of your replies, and I now have filled up my mason jar 1/4 with water, and the seed it just floating around the top in there. I closed the lid and put it in a dark cool place under my desk. How long should I leave it there, and is there anything that I should be checking up periodically about it, or just wait till I see it to start sprouting, and then place it in the gordan and keep that moist to continue its roots? I gotta leave now, but i'll be back 4 hours!

Thanks everyone

Just overnight. . then place in a moist paper towel. . . you could place that in the mason jar. . . and leave in a dark place. . . anywhere from 2 to 10 days could be the time it shows. . . depends on the seed, how old and what not. . . good luck. . .:peace:

next time just sqeeze the seed gently with your thumb and forefinger. if it cracks then it isnt any good. if it doesnt and it feels nice and hard, then i germinate. all seeds will crack at some point if you put alot of pressure on them, so i wouldnt do the table thing again.

I didn't put tons of pressure on them, I just took my forefinger and just pushed down a little. The first seed I had, just must have been really dry already, because it cracked like nothing, but the other one, is nice and solid, I just rested my finger on both of them, that's all. =D

Picture_0591.jpg

Picture_0611.jpg

Here are they two pictures I told you guys I was going to put up. Now the 1st one is that Grodan stuff, and the 2nd is my weed, which I had sitting in a plastic container in less then 1/4 deep of water. I put it in there this morning, so I should check tomorrow if its cracked open a little bit, and if it is, do I make a little hole in the grodan and set it in there? You know, i'm just gunna ask a few questions now for better answers.

1. How deep do I put the seed into the grodan when it is ready?
2. Once in the grodan, how do I water it, everyone morning, or keep it moist, ect..?
3. How long would you suspect that I keep it into the grodan, and would I have to transport it into another one but bigger size to get the plant properly ready, or would it basicly be ready to go.

Sorry guys, i'm a long time MJ fan, but not growing. This is actually my FIRST growing experience, and i'm still going all kind of research and what not. Its alot of work to grow, but I confident about it, haha. :smokin: Thanks everyone for help in advance! I know how difficult I can be sometimes:winkyface:

theres a pre-made hole in the top of the grodan cube, its just squished closed a little bit =)

u can open it back up with something pointy.

the seed will sink when it cracks.. which is when its ready to be planted.
keep the cube moist at all times, when the seedling pops out and stands up you can bury the cube in some soil.

once the plant has grown pretty big it will destroy the cube on its own, tearing it into little pieces.

i used to use grodan for all germinating and cloning, it seems so nice and handy. but sometimes, grodan will kill seeds by entrapping them within its fibers. and clones cuttings dont like it as much as they like dirt...

so now.. i hate blocks and just do cloning, germinating and transplanting in a cup of soil like this.
tran1.jpg

theres a pre-made hole in the top of the grodan cube, its just squished closed a little bit =)

u can open it back up with something pointy.

the seed will sink when it cracks.. which is when its ready to be planted.
keep the cube moist at all times, when the seedling pops out and stands up you can bury the cube in some soil.

once the plant has grown pretty big it will destroy the cube on its own, tearing it into little pieces.

i used to use grodan for all germinating and cloning, it seems so nice and handy. but sometimes, grodan will kill seeds by entrapping them within its fibers. and clones cuttings dont like it as much as they like dirt...

I was very excited when I found the pre made hole, and just like you said, it was hidden. So now that answers most of my questions! So I will keep checking up on it for when it does crack open and sink, and i'll put it into the grodan cube.

Now my question about putting it into soil. I've read all about this plant shocking, but because i'm putting it into the grodan cube, I don't need to worry as much as I think I do, haha. Put like after I see it to start sprouting out of the grodan cube, should I let it grow for a little more to like get its strength, or just put it in soil as it and it will grow?

you can let it grow in the cube awhile,
untill it sprouts a couple leafs... or when roots are sticking out its definetly time then!

the cubes can also dry out very fast they are kinda desinged that way, for high aeration.
so dont let that happen and kill your seedling, if one appears =)

Back
Top Bottom