Sprouting in just perlite

Bacondoggy

I've seen this done with pretty good success but is there any downsides? Also, the perlite I have is miracle grow and it's .07.07.07. That won't hurt or burn the sprout right? I hear some people rinse it off first but I prefer not to if I don't have to...should I put some peat so it's perlite and peat? I can just cover the top for any darkness issues for the roots. Oh and if I do this, does it need transplanted any sooner? I'm going to be using a really small plastic solo cup the ones that u have take like 3 gulps out of or rinse your mouth out with etc...

I dont see any advantage in using pure perlite, as for nutes remember less is more, they dont need any before w3. But 0.07 is not much neither.
Why dont you use jiffy plates? Rockwool? Or coco? More cummon and more tested by others. Imho avoid experimental technics as long as you havent master the plain simple technics. Dont try to jump the steps, try simple and add up in each grow.
Good luck bro :)

I saw root structures from just perlite and was impressed. And I dunno I don't have a lot of money and there are so many supplies and different things, people are like buy this use this bone meal blood meal whatever meal. All I have is organic soil, perlite, earthworm casings and fish emulsion. If I need to buy ONE more thing, what would it be? What is the benefits of cocoa? I heard bad things about rockwool and tried it with radishes. It was okay but created more mold then the other ways. Then again I had it (the seeds in a rockwool thing) sitting in an egg carton with all the other mixtures so who knows?
And I wanted to get the fish emulsion in whatever soil bc I hear it won't burn and more for all the micronutrients they create...

As perlite particles move freely, i guess any tampering with the pot can harm your small root branches, im not sure as i never did it before. Moving the baby out of perlite might cause problem too as it wont stick together.
I use jiffy plates amd never had problem with it. Easy to use and cheap enough.
Imho start with the easiest way possible and move to complicated technics in next grows.
As for any other art, you have to master the "classic" way before tryimg abstract techniks.
Good luck and enjoy the journey :)

Thank you kind sir... I think if I'm going to use perlite I may do 50 50 perlite and peat, that way the peat will hopefully keep it bound together much more, oh and a little earthworm casings. I'm not in love with the organic soil my mom got (I think it was actually a Kmart brand! Lol), but beggars can't be choosers. It just has small pieces of wood chips/twigs in it. I read on a post someone said pieces of wood are not good for cannabis. I don't believe everything I read, and don't understand why it would hurt the plant, but I think of it as more of a cheap filler. Do all organic soils have pieces of wood like that in? I'm new to gardening, I hope I have a green thumb lol.

The world does not CARE how much you know, until they know how much u care.

I saw root structures from just perlite and was impressed. And I dunno I don't have a lot of money and there are so many supplies and different things, people are like buy this use this bone meal blood meal whatever meal. All I have is organic soil, perlite, earthworm casings and fish emulsion. If I need to buy ONE more thing, what would it be? What is the benefits of cocoa? I heard bad things about rockwool and tried it with radishes. It was okay but created more mold then the other ways. Then again I had it (the seeds in a rockwool thing) sitting in an egg carton with all the other mixtures so who knows?
And I wanted to get the fish emulsion in whatever soil bc I hear it won't burn and more for all the micronutrients they create...

Yeah, I would keep my rock wool and other mixtures in separate containers, especially if your going for two different grow styles i.e. The rock wool is going in dwc and the others are soil grows. Hopefully I explained this well.

Spread peace, love, and music!

Wood ? Or coco? Wood might promote unwanted fungi development. Coco does not.
Coco is hairs of coconut, fungis dont grow well on it.
Most organic soils contain coco.
Dont worry, its your first try. I assure you i got around 100 gr from 10 plants in my first grow. Now after many errors and many reading and much much suffering i get more than that from the main cola of just one auto.
Enjoy the grow and love your ladies (of green kind or any other form ;) )
Love is the answer!
Good luck bro
Hope to see a grow journal from you soon :)

So I saw a fella on YouTube claiming that the best medium is 100% petite. So for my current grow I ordered 5 Jack Herer Auto flowering Feminized beans (Cks) and I also had five bag seeds that I collected from a move out (the tenants left a bunch of furniture and in one I found seeds. Cracked me planted me.) So I put one of the bag seed in 100% perlite a half gallon (I think) on 5/7ish and one in soil then a five gallon dwc with some rocks I got from the hydro store. I cracked 3 (remaining: - errors I'll talk about later) JH's put two of the JH Autos in a 18 gallon tote dwc with the rocks and one in soil I mixed my self. I put the hydro under CFL's and the perlite and soil on my roof (live in the great city of St Louis.)
All seem fine. The bag seeds have 2.5 weeks on the JH so they're doing better as far as size of course. So perlite. Bro. Sis. Roots are coming out of the wholes in the bottom now so I have transplant them today to its home for the remainder of the grow. This plant is doi g amazingly. She's growing as fast as the dwc bag seed under cfls. She's taller of course but looks good to me . I mean, I guess, this is my first "real" grow. The perlite bean has been in perlite from day one. I have to water her more since perlite doesn't hold water like soil but I have a pretty deep tray under her. I'd post pics but I don't know how.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So I saw a fella on YouTube claiming that the best medium is 100% petite. So for my current grow I ordered 5 Jack Herer Auto flowering Feminized beans (Cks) and I also had five bag seeds that I collected from a move out (the tenants left a bunch of furniture and in one I found seeds. Cracked me planted me.) So I put one of the bag seed in 100% perlite a half gallon (I think) on 5/7ish and one in soil then a five gallon dwc with some rocks I got from the hydro store. I cracked 3 (remaining: - errors I'll talk about later) JH's put two of the JH Autos in a 18 gallon tote dwc with the rocks and one in soil I mixed my self. I put the hydro under CFL's and the perlite and soil on my roof (live in the great city of St Louis.)
All seem fine. The bag seeds have 2.5 weeks on the JH so they're doing better as far as size of course. So perlite. Bro. Sis. Roots are coming out of the wholes in the bottom now so I have transplant them today to its home for the remainder of the grow. This plant is doi g amazingly. She's growing as fast as the dwc bag seed under cfls. She's taller of course but looks good to me . I mean, I guess, this is my first "real" grow. The perlite bean has been in perlite from day one. I have to water her more since perlite doesn't hold water like soil but I have a pretty deep tray under her. I'd post pics but I don't know how.

Download the app it let's you take pictures instantly or pick from your gallery

Thanks! This app is cool. OK, so here's a pic. I just transferred her into this larger pot from her original. The original was probably to big, in retrospect. I also need a deeper tray. The tray I planned to use wasn't wide enough.

420-magazine-mobile1579536550.jpg

Is that all perlite?!? Or just the top? That is awesome I'm trying that next time although my perlite would get all brown from the nutes I add your plant looks nice! I like!!

Thanks! So she's 100% perlite. No mix. It's a test really; I read it was possible so I tried with bag seed. So this one is very white because I had JUST changed it into a larger pot. Some of the older perlite was dirtier. I feed her with a nute water solution. But it doesn't seem to effect the color at all. It's sweet. She's competing with her hydro counterpart evenly. So when I changed pots, the perlite basically fell right of the roots. I just quietly put it into the new pot and covered her up. Baddabing-baddaboom.

Awesome!!

What's it for? Keep soil from drying out a bit on intense hot days?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom