Sprouts pulling towards the light?

chilloutmama

i have 3 small sprouts, i have them in a very sunny/ light window indoors. they pull themselves towards the window so fast , i have been rotating them 3-4 times a day. im worried they will bend compeletly in half if i dont rotate... any advice ?
IMG_99961.JPG

Or you could stick a toothpick or a bamboo skewer right next to the stem on the side the light is coming from, as a brace (being careful not to damage the roots, it doesn't have to be deep). The leaves will still bend towards the light, but the stem will stay straight.

I grow pot under artificial light, but I grow tomatoes from seed. I start them on a windowsill for a month before they go outside, and it works.

Or you could stick a toothpick or a bamboo skewer right next to the stem on the side the light is coming from, as a brace (being careful not to damage the roots, it doesn't have to be deep). The leaves will still bend towards the light, but the stem will stay straight.

I grow pot under artificial light, but I grow tomatoes from seed. I start them on a windowsill for a month before they go outside, and it works.

rotating is working for now,, but they are getting pretty tall and skinny. i might add the stick if they seam to unstable ! thanks

Tap on the stems to strengthen them and indoors you will need artificial light I would put all 3 outdoors if I were you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Tap on the stems to strengthen them and indoors you will need artificial light I would put all 3 outdoors if I were you

tap on the stems... like.. ? just tap on them...lol and yeah i can move all out no prob ! just worried if something went wrong with the outdoors, i would still have one safe inside ;)

Well indoors you tap kinda back and forth at that stage and it gets them to strengthen the stem and get a little rougher when they get bigger I move my outdoor plants quite a bit too just in case of high winds but the wind does it naturally as well as far as a safeguard maybe you could keep them in different places

thanks! never knew anything about the tapping ! my daughter got a hold of one today and snapped the top of one plant. shes just hanging on by a thread... any chance it will be ok ?

Well you can try to tape it but at their young age it may be toast. you can always clone the other two.

thanks! never knew anything about the tapping ! my daughter got a hold of one today and snapped the top of one plant. shes just hanging on by a thread... any chance it will be ok ?

Instead of taping i use abit of antifungi powder(very very little dose) mixed with aloe verra juice from my aloe verra plant and tie loosely the top to keep it straight. It works sometimes, although i have not been obliged to do that in a while.
Good luck with your 2 remaining ladies. Enjoy the journey bro :)

haha. i aint no BRO ! i wanna love the ladies... but i dont wanna invest too much $ the idea of growing my own is to save me some $$

i was thinking i could just plant the seeds and smoke for freee in a few months. but this is getting more complicated than i wanted.

moved the 2 remaining girlies outside still in the starting pots... hopefully they just grow and do their thang

Sorry for the BRO thing... :))
If you invest a little from time to time you can add little by little to your grow room, and youll get much better results. Its gonna be way cheaper than buying the weed. But your way will surely work too :)
Hope getting happier updates from you soon, and why not a journal? Im sure Many will rush to help you.
Good luck sista :)

Back
Top Bottom