sprouts were doing brilliant, but now there dying? HELP!

malashanko

so I've started growing three sprouts and one died of which i just threw up to chance due to the fact that one of them was doing great. good health, looks like it was going to be a great plant. However, recently ive gone down to my girlfriends house for the weekend and its rather sunny there so i figured my little new borns would appreciate some real sun light as oppposed to the shitty tungsten that I have been forced to use (low budget). the first day of sun light exposure did some good but managed to kill of yet another (however that plant was damaged due to shitty room mates leaving them out in the cold) but the one that lived looked healthier than ever. then however the next day it staret to look like it was drying out but not that badly. i'd take em in just before sundown so they dont freeze to death then put them under another tungsten but this time it feels like the tungsten was doing damage this time. ive only recently been able to get my hands on a florescent and am currently giving it a nice light bath. is this alright? it seems to be standing up alright but the leaves look like they are in horrible condition. I use coco soil and the proper PH levels and given that it was healthy up untill now leads me to believe that the light was the problem. is this true? and will it be able to make a recovery?

i water it when ever the soil looks dry but that variates at different times of the day due to the sunlight. could it be wattering at the wrong time of the day? I also used sulfer stones at one point to reduce PH levels in the soil but could that be hurting it?

help me out here. Im so proud of my little girl (hopefully) but now shes starting to worry me.

how long are you leaving light on them every day? And did you add any nutrients to the soil if you did they could of been to rich for them.

If you're really in San Fran then you'll not be experiencing cold weather. When you start seedlings indoor and move them into natural light, you have to harden the plants off. Move them into the sun for an hour the first day then bring them back in. Leave them in the sun two hours the next day and so on. As long as your seedlings don't die they should come back.

well I have been aiming for 18 hours on and 4 off. maybe the sun down here is too strong? well lately SF has been highly overcast so light has been rare which was causing a major problem. only down in this city is there light but it i kind of strong. still, given that its still standing, i gues im going to have to try to toughen it up then. its just the discolouration worries me.

to be honest im not sure what is in the soil. all i know is that a mate of mine who is fond of growing gave it too me. not only that but all my friends that grow highly recommend coco soil so I'm not too worried on that matter. but I did rub sulfer stones into the top layer of the soil to lower PH. thats the only additive i put in there.

Back
Top Bottom