Squiggle Is Testing The Sylstar GL4000a: Multi Strain Grow, In A Brand New Set Up!

Paul Squiggle

HOWDY DO FOLK'S

Hello and welcome to the start of a new adventure. As the title says, Im doing exactly what the title says.:p
I have had a great opportunity to test an amazing piece of kit, thanks to @Sylstar .

I will be doing a full review of the GL4000a, along side growing 4 different strains.
I will be trying to get a little bit technical with the review and perform one of those par test thingymebobs; Just to see what this light is throwing out. I believe it will be valuable information, not just for me, but for anyone who is considering purchasing one of these lights. I'm just trying to pin down a company who will rent out the quantum sensory thing.
My reason for doing the ppfd/par thing is:
The manufacture only provides the results at full power, but I want to know what it's putting out, through the entire range of the dimmer..
I'm no rocket surgeon, so expect everything to be wrong. So I would love all assistance and all support.
I would be honoured if you could all just pop in once and a while and give the odd thumbs up or just advice..

Anyhoo... Here it goes.
Photos of the new set up and light will be coming next.
I thank you all in advance for popping by.
See you all soon

Squiggle

Howdy do.

Right!! Where do I start :hmmmm:
I will write a few pages of the journey on how I got here; before I start the review and the journal. Just so you all have a little bit of a background knowledge of me and my calamities.

A few weeks ago @Sylstar offered us UK growers an awesome deal on the GL4000a, as long as we wrote a review. Well, with me being impulsive; I said yes, before even knowing the specs..
Well, after reviewing the specifications of the light, I realised my little 2x2 was not suitable.
So, after a few arguments disagreements with the wife, I finally persuaded her we needed a bigger tent. She said I couldn't have a 4x4 as it will take up too much room and I could only have a 3x3.
Fortunately, she can't read a tape measure properly, so I got a metric one. A 1mx1m, which is bigger than a 3x3 but a little bit smaller than a 4x4

So, this is where the fun starts
Putting the the new tent up whilst totally baked.
The instructions may as well have been written in Klingon, as I could not understand them .
20210606_201957.jpg

Is it me or is that confusing?
It's probably just me.
Anyway, after a right struggle, I got the frame up and a bit of the tenty material.
The instructions said put the material on from the bottom first, so God only knows why I put it on from the top..
20210604_200009.jpg

2 hours later

20210604_200618.jpg

3 hours later

Taadaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

done
20210604_200950.jpg

Time for a bong and to sit back and admire my handy work!!:bongrip:

That's it for today folks, I'm as high as kite and can't stop giggling at things..
I will be back tomorrow with more updates.
Hopefully the review and journal will start in the next few days..

Thanks for stopping by.
Take care

Squiggz

HOWDY DO FOLK'S

Hello and welcome to the start of a new adventure. As the title says, Im doing exactly what the title says.:p
I have had a great opportunity to test an amazing piece of kit, thanks to @Sylstar .

I will be doing a full review of the GL4000a, along side growing 4 different strains.
I will be trying to get a little bit technical with the review and perform one of those par test thingymebobs; Just to see what this light is throwing out. I believe it will be valuable information, not just for me, but for anyone who is considering purchasing one of these lights. I'm just trying to pin down a company who will rent out the quantum sensory thing.
My reason for doing the ppfd/par thing is:
The manufacture only provides the results at full power, but I want to know what it's putting out, through the entire range of the dimmer..
I'm no rocket surgeon, so expect everything to be wrong. So I would love all assistance and all support.
I would be honoured if you could all just pop in once and a while and give the odd thumbs up or just advice..

Anyhoo... Here it goes.
Photos of the new set up and light will be coming next.
I thank you all in advance for popping by.
See you all soon

Squiggle
I'm in

I just bought a similar setup with 2 x MarsHydro 480w FS + 130w burple + 2 x 100w side LEDs
(Told her while she was nodding off, in the morning told her she had said OK) ;O)
What are you going to pop?
I've gone for GSC x Afghani
I'm definitely watching this one

Thank you, glad to have you.
How could I pass this by without pulling up a chair? Count me in for the ride!
I'm glad you were passing. sit back, chillax and enjoy the show..
Thank you for taking the time
:thumb: cheers mate
Standing by
Great stuff, you do realise I will be asking you all sorts of stupid questions. Are you sure you want to stay still??
I'm in.
It's good that you and the wife agreed so amicably on the 1m×1m tent. :thumb:
:laugh: amicable, does that mean shouting and balling and huffy fits? Ive hid all the tape measures, just in case. Thanks for following along mate. Your knowledge will come in very, very useful...:)
(Told her while she was nodding off, in the morning told her she had said OK) ;O)
What are you going to pop?
I've gone for GSC x Afghani
I'm definitely watching this one
Ahhh! You played the old Jedi mind tricks on her..
Sounds like a great set up you have acquired. Looking forward to seeing it up and running.
I'm still unsure what seeds to pop first. I will post a list of what I've got in the drawer. Thanks for joining in...

Whatcha growin’ ?
Im still unsure whether to grow autos or photos mate. Ive never grown autos before but now I've got the extra space, I would like to veg photos out longer than I used to. I could only veg a plant for 4 weeks as my little 2x2 was only 4ft tall and I had to try hard to keep them small and compact. Now I've got the space to have a wild grow, I might go down that route
I need to make my mind up this week.. I will put a list of strains up that I have and I will get all feedback off you guys.. thanks for stopping by.

Howdy do folks

The light has arrived :yahoo:lets have some unboxing photo's..
It came in discreet packaging
20210606_172620.jpg
not.
This is not the manufacturers fault, as I do understand that they have to highlight what is in their boxes. This is the fault of the Amazonian site. You have an option, when purchasing, to have it packed in the zonz own boxes, which we have chose a thousand times before.
On this occasion it did not arrive in one of their boxes.. so the delivery guy knew exactly what we had bought..
luckily, it was the wife's account that we bought it through and it had her name stuck on the box. So she can take the wrap, if the Coppers boot the door in again.. :p
Anyway. More pictures
20210606_172701.jpg
20210606_172708.jpg
20210606_172826.jpg
20210606_172820.jpg

The Last 2 photos are a bit wonky and blurry. I apologize for that. I was all excited and in a hurry!!

The packaging was pretty Sturdy, it would survive a nuclear blast.
It came with some decent rope hangers, not the cheap ones that have been made out of old shoe laces.
The cables and connectors are high quality and as you can see it has the famous meanwell drivers. The diode's are all Samsung as well, so it is one seriously well made light.
The heat sink is a solid 6mm aluminium plate and the diode's are protected by a thick layer of resin or silicone coating.
Overall; it's a high quality piece of kit.

Now its the hanging up part. I will be back after to tell you how many times I've dropped it whilst trying to instal it..

Thanks for popping in.
Take care

Squiggz

Now you have some space, you can do both squiggle. 18/6 lighting, bang out an auto while vegging a fem photo to a decent size, then when the auto finishes drop the lighting to 12/12 to flower the photo. All options open.
So exciting.
Awesome idea. Yey!!!! Thanks man. see, i knew you would come in handy :laugh:
I might have even more room. I'm trying to squeeze the little 2x2 into the opposite corner of the room, so all options are open..
Thanks again mate. I will do exactly what you said. :thumb:

Now you have some space, you can do both squiggle. 18/6 lighting, bang out an auto while vegging a fem photo to a decent size, then when the auto finishes drop the lighting to 12/12 to flower the photo. All options open.
So exciting.

Nice idea and things look like there coming along pretty light.

Nice idea and things look like there coming along pretty light.
It's a marvelous idea. I would never have thought that. All advice and assistance required, so don't be afraid to throw ideas into the pot mate. The light is very pretty. Sexy even :p

That's a serious light squiggle, it and you are gonna grow some great weed.

Bit of a shame it had that sticker on it, that's what happened to me, it only has to say "LED light fixture" doesn't need to say anything about "grow".
The light is probably too serious for me mate. I think if I dont respect the power it has, it could do some damage.

That is something I will mention to Lynn @Sylstar .
Does the packaging have to say grow light or can it just say led light fixture? like you said.
Really good point mate:thumb:

Beast of a light cant wait to see what it can do and if it deals with heat my XS4000 the drivers after 12 hours 46c
and heatsink 40/44 depending were i put my lazer probe in these hot days in the uk.

Back
Top Bottom