Squiggle Is Testing The Sylstar GL4000a: Multi Strain Grow, In A Brand New Set Up!

Howdy do folks..

I will be doing two updates tonight as I missed yesterday (day3)
Oh! A few of my new toys come today
The Lux "O"meter
20210611_174612.jpg

I haven't got a clue how to use it, so all advice is greatly appreciated..
And the laser Therm"O"meter came also
20210611_174654.jpg

It came with a free Anal probe, to get a very accurate body tempo_O

I think my cat has hypothermia or it is grossly inaccurate

20210609_200418.jpg

Still waiting on the Par"O"meter thing.
Anyway
I will update the journal in an hour or so. Just doing the dishes and tidying up.
As always. I thank you all for stopping by

Squiggle
ooooooooh! Lasers!!! :p
I just got myself one of those temp lasers, going to attempt to work out this VPD business? I don't mean a new strain of covid either :laugh:

Is this your plan also?

Hey when you do get all ultra-nerd and figure this shit out...will you please do a write-up in 'explain it like I'm 5' language for people like me?
:rofl:
Yeah!! Great idea. Who ever here figures this nerdy shit out. Can you explain it to me as well, as if I'm 5..

Nice bits of kit lazer probes i have one check on your buds heat the drivers on your lights etc. But i agree nerdish.;)
It's an awesome tool.. it's probably Gona be very useful.. I think I got the idea for buying one from you anyway.. so thanks :laugh:

ooooooooh! Lasers!!! :p
I just got myself one of those temp lasers, going to attempt to work out this VPD business? I don't mean a new strain of covid either :laugh:

Is this your plan also?
Cool, we all have nurdy gear. You've been nominated to figured out how to work out the VPD . You've just volunteered to teach us.:p

It was not my plan mate. I didn't even know what VPD was until 2 days ago :laugh:

Hey when you do get all ultra-nerd and figure this shit out...will you please do a write-up in 'explain it like I'm 5' language for people like me?
One day, there was this little plant called Mary-Jane ( bare with me lol ) & she wasn’t feeling too good, so she called doctor vapour pressure deficit ( doc VPD for short ) to pop over & take her temp.
Indeed, her temp was a little high so doc VPD referred to his little chart and diagnosed that the humidity was too low & lights were too bright for her to absorb moisture properly. Not transpiring as she should, so, with a little tweak, doc had the lights turned down & humidity pumped up & after a few minutes Mary felt much better & perked right up.
thanks doc VPD, you saved the day again :thumb:

With how much money you spent since this new light your be doing the dishes for a good few months yet :)
Years mate. But I can't say how much mate.. no, I really I can't. As she reads my journals and she will go Ape shit if I say how much :laugh:

One day, there was this little plant called Mary-Jane ( bare with me lol ) & she wasn’t feeling too good, so she called doctor vapour pressure deficit ( doc VPD for short ) to pop over & take her temp.
Indeed, her temp was a little high so doc VPD referred to his little chart and diagnosed that the humidity was too low & lights were too bright for her to absorb moisture properly. Not transpiring as she should, so, with a little tweak, doc had the lights turned down & humidity pumped up & after a few minutes Mary felt much better & perked right up.
thanks doc VPD, you saved the day again :thumb:
:rofl: that's the funniest thing I've read for yonks:rofl:

It actually sunk straight in:laugh: I've been reading about it for 2 day's and I was baffled and you've explained it in 3 mins:laugh:

Cool, we all have nurdy gear. You've been nominated to figured out how to work out the VPD . You've just volunteered to teach us.:p

It was not my plan mate. I didn't even know what VPD was until 2 days ago :laugh:
Seriously though lol

VPD or vapour pressure deficit is a way of telling if your plants are transpiring properly. During photosynthesis, the plants release moisture so in turn, it needs replacing.

If the leaf temp of the plants are too high or too low then the stomata under the leaves that adsorb air born moisture will close up. This can cause your plants to slow down or even stop growing. Same if the lights are too bright ( you’ll need an extra controller for that though )

so, to do a basic check, use the infra red thermometer to take leaf temp, then pop over to Dimlux & reference their VPD charts. Knowing the leaf temp you can then read the chart & it will tell you the ideal humidity to get them working properly. Nerdish stuff indeed, but I let that one go soon after I started checking ph levels of my water & treating them plants like babies :laugh: I’m in all the way now, no escape! Lol

I hope this helps, not the best write up but I’m slightly baked :lot-o-toke:
One :love:

:rofl: that's the funniest thing I've read for yonks:rofl:

It actually sunk straight in:laugh: I've been reading about it for 2 day's and I was baffled and you've explained it in 3 mins:laugh:
:laugh::laugh:No worries glad to be of service :thumb:In actual fact, the whole dynamic might work. We should bring out a whole new MR MEN Range of stoners explaining how to grow weed! Coz let’s face it, dumbed down is goooood!

GERMINATION DAY 3/4&5

Light
: Sylstar GL-4000a
Medium: Store bought compost.
Pot size and type: to be confirmed
Grow space: 1metre X 1metre X 2metre
Strains: 1xSour diesel. 1xStar dawg. 1xBlueberry OG. All photoperiod and 1x White widow Auto
Nutrients: liquid organic feed (if needed)
Water: Mineral, pH'd to 6.5

Howdy do folks
Thank you for stopping by

Im actually going to post 3 days updates, as I am always one day behind.
But I am that excited to show the progress; i will bring tomorrow's update forward, to today; if that makes sence:hmmmm:
So I will be up-to-date and current from tonight.

I took the sprouted seeds out of the cotton pads and put them in a young seedling mix
Here is some photos. As we all love pictures

Day 3
20210609_193504.jpg

20210609_193509.jpg
20210609_194931.jpg
20210609_194734~2.jpg

Day4
Nowt happened, just spritzed them with mineral water..

I will post day 5 in a mo..
As I must say thank you again
I don't know if it is just me, but I get a nice warm; happy feeling when someone comments or even just hits the thumbs up button.

So thank you all for making me warm and happy :cheesygrinsmiley:

Day5

20210611_133119.jpg

20210611_133109.jpg

20210611_133114.jpg

20210611_133123.jpg

And now the fun begins.. Catch you all soon..
And thanks again for popping in
See you all soon

Squiggle

Seriously though lol

VPD or vapour pressure deficit is a way of telling if your plants are transpiring properly. During photosynthesis, the plants release moisture so in turn, it needs replacing.

If the leaf temp of the plants are too high or too low then the stomata under the leaves that adsorb air born moisture will close up. This can cause your plants to slow down or even stop growing. Same if the lights are too bright ( you’ll need an extra controller for that though )

so, to do a basic check, use the infra red thermometer to take leaf temp, then pop over to Dimlux & reference their VPD charts. Knowing the leaf temp you can then read the chart & it will tell you the ideal humidity to get them working properly. Nerdish stuff indeed, but I let that one go soon after I started checking ph levels of my water & treating them plants like babies :laugh: I’m in all the way now, no escape! Lol

I hope this helps, not the best write up but I’m slightly baked :lot-o-toke:
One :love:
I appreciate the time you put into writing it. It's cleared it right up for me.

It's all going to make a happier healthier grow.
Cool. I know some sciencey stuff now. Cheers amigo

:laugh::laugh:No worries glad to be of service :thumb:In actual fact, the whole dynamic might work. We should bring out a whole new MR MEN Range of stoners explaining how to grow weed! Coz let’s face it, dumbed down is goooood!
:idea: I think you are on to something.. simple stuff, is a stoners best friend.
I need page 2 and 3 now. How to use a lux"O"meter and a par"O"meter

:idea: I think you are on to something.. simple stuff is a stoners best friend.
I need page 2 and 3 now. How to use a lux"O"meter and a par"O"meter
Ok no worries, gimme tonight so I can do some reading & I’ll come back with story 2 -
Mr Lux & Mr Par’s garden adventure! :thumb:

Mr Soontobeskint, found himself, suddenly feeling the need to have a laser temp, never even entered his head before... Mmmm.
;)

Howdy do folks..

I will be doing a few updates tonight as I missed yesterday (day3)
Oh! A few of my new toys come today
The Lux "O"meter
20210611_174612.jpg

I haven't got a clue how to use it, so all advice is greatly appreciated..
And the laser Therm"O"meter came also
20210611_174654.jpg

It came with a free Anal probe, to get a very accurate body tempo_O

I think my cat has hypothermia or it is grossly inaccurate

20210609_200418.jpg

Still waiting on the Par"O"meter thing.
Anyway
I will update the journal in an hour or so. Just doing the dishes and tidying up.
As always. I thank you all for stopping by

Squiggle

IMG_20200204_150238688.jpg

Lol! I thought it stood for some kind of sexual transmitted disease or something.

Back
Top Bottom