Squiggles Better Late Than Never Journal Thing

Paul Squiggle

Howdy doo all

Well, I thought I would showcase my girls properly for the first time.
I have a moby dick original, and 2 moby dick CBD currently on the go.
I've been a bit reluctant to upload photos and document my journey as it's not exactly legal to grow our own medicine in th UK.

One sniff of the herb and you get 20 heavy handed police officers cutting your front door open with a petrol driven saw. Then they empty every cupboard in the house onto the floor, snatch your crop and give you an appointment with the local magistrate.
Been there!

There is also the risk of the photos being on your device.. if you ever have to put your device in for repair, the repair shop has access to all your pictures.
Much to the embarrassment of my wife. They got an eye full of racey pictures of her in a compromising position with a carrot.

So after those two experiences, we have been rather private with our lives.

But now I've become accustomed to this wonderful forum and I feel at home with its fabulous and friendly members, I thought it's about time to pop my cherry.

Unfortunately, I have no early photographic evidence of the initial bean popping. I only started taking photos at 6 weeks old and I am now into the 12th day of flower .
They are totally organic'ish
They started off in a shop bought young seedlings mix in solo cups
When I transplanted them into 6ltr containers I forgot to label which one was what, as I was totally baked, So now I have no idea which is the original moby dick.

I transplanted them into the same young seedlings mix and all I have fed them is the water off my vegetables after steaming and boiling and liquidised veggy peals. I eat veg every night, so there's plenty to go around.
Every drop of water is shop bought mineral water and it's pH'd down with apple cider vinegar.

So

Moby dicks

2x2

Composty soil stuff

Grown under a light I'm not allowed to mention
I have been advised off our good leader @Renee Roberts that the brand of light I am using is not welcome on this forum, due to its unprofessional conduct, concerning it's previous sponsorship.
So I will call it a Siparvectra P600 to keep the peace
It's great at vegging in a 2x2, but it was no good at flowering the last Moby's.
So,I've modified it for flowering. Will post photos of the mod.

Here's a few pictures of my dicks from 6 weeks to now at the 12th day of flower.
I will update regular on progress and problems

Thanks for reading folks

Squiggz
IMG_20210116_192307.jpg
IMG_20210204_171125.jpg
IMG_20210204_170824.jpg

Lovely ladies!

I got a mate in the UK, outskirts of Lincoln somewhere abouts; sad state your country is at. He deals with the same B.S. When I read stories like "Alfie's", it really breaks my heart to see even kids in desperate need be kept away from nature's medicine.

Your drug czar sleeps with the owner of SugarLeaf? ...who exports this outlawed herb all over the world. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Brother...revolution is at the door step.

In the mean time, stay low, carbon refreshed, and your ear to the streets.

*I do not condone in any way, acting outside the perimeters set forth by local laws, governing agencies and magistrates.

Lovely ladies!

I got a mate in the UK, outskirts of Lincoln somewhere abouts; sad state your country is at. He deals with the same B.S. When I read stories like "Alfie's", it really breaks my heart to see even kids in desperate need be kept away from nature's medicine.

Your drug czar sleeps with the owner of SugarLeaf? ...who exports this outlawed herb all over the world. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Brother...revolution is at the door step.

In the mean time, stay low, carbon refreshed, and your ear to the streets.

*I do not condone in any way, acting outside the perimeters set forth by local laws, governing agencies and magistrates.
I giggled at your disclaimer at the bottom:laugh:

But I agree on everything you have said. It's been proven to help Alfie and all those other kids even adults that suffer seizures and the like.
They would rather pump them full of man made chemicals with out knowing what the long term damage is, than take nature seriously
And hypocrisy , yup!!

I do hope change is in the wind, I started growing to help my wife who has arthritis,CFS,ME and a million other ailments and they just pumped her full of opiates. She was addicted and depressed. Now she doesn't use any pharma drugs and solely uses home grown medicine.
How much proof do these do-gooders need.

Thanks for stopping by my friend.
I thought this was going to be a lonely thread

Howdy doo all

Well, I thought I would showcase my girls properly for the first time.
I have a moby dick original, and 2 moby dick CBD currently on the go.
I've been a bit reluctant to upload photos and document my journey as it's not exactly legal to grow our own medicine in th UK.

One sniff of the herb and you get 20 heavy handed police officers cutting your front door open with a petrol driven saw. Then they empty every cupboard in the house onto the floor, snatch your crop and give you an appointment with the local magistrate.
Been there!

There is also the risk of the photos being on your device.. if you ever have to put your device in for repair, the repair shop has access to all your pictures.
Much to the embarrassment of my wife. They got an eye full of racey pictures of her in a compromising position with a carrot.

So after those two experiences, we have been rather private with our lives.

But now I've become accustomed to this wonderful forum and I feel at home with its fabulous and friendly members, I thought it's about time to pop my cherry.

Unfortunately, I have no early photographic evidence of the initial bean popping. I only started taking photos at 6 weeks old and I am now into the 12th day of flower .
They are totally organic'ish
They started off in a shop bought young seedlings mix in solo cups
When I transplanted them into 6ltr containers I forgot to label which one was what, as I was totally baked, So now I have no idea which is the original moby dick.

I transplanted them into the same young seedlings mix and all I have fed them is the water off my vegetables after steaming and boiling and liquidised veggy peals. I eat veg every night, so there's plenty to go around.
Every drop of water is shop bought mineral water and it's pH'd down with apple cider vinegar.

So

Moby dicks

2x2

Composty soil stuff

Grown under a light I'm not allowed to mention
I have been advised off our good leader @Renee Roberts that the brand of light I am using is not welcome on this forum, due to its unprofessional conduct, concerning it's previous sponsorship.
So I will call it a Siparvectra P600 to keep the peace
It's great at vegging in a 2x2, but it was no good at flowering the last Moby's.
So,I've modified it for flowering. Will post photos of the mod.

Here's a few pictures of my dicks from 6 weeks to now at the 12th day of flower.
I will update regular on progress and problems

Thanks for reading folks

Squiggz
IMG_20210116_192307.jpg
IMG_20210204_171125.jpg
IMG_20210204_170824.jpg
Hey brother, I’m looking forward to watching you grow that moby! I got some purple moby dick as a freebie and it was super fire and tasted so delicious! So good I had a trusted breeder send me good pollen. It was original haze pollen that he sent me! And someone had just told me haze goes well with lots of stuff, that’s why we see so many haze crosses.... so purple moby haze is my first creation! I’m working on the f2 right now..... I’m starting to try and keep a journal also if you wanna check it out.

Hey brother, I’m looking forward to watching you grow that moby! I got some purple moby dick as a freebie and it was super fire and tasted so delicious! So good I had a trusted breeder send me good pollen. It was original haze pollen that he sent me! And someone had just told me haze goes well with lots of stuff, that’s why we see so many haze crosses.... so purple moby haze is my first creation! I’m working on the f2 right now..... I’m starting to try and keep a journal also if you wanna check it out.
Wow!! You create your own! That is one commendable task.
I would love to check your journal out. Purple moby haze. Nice one.
I'm on my way to yours. Get the coffee pot going..

(Edit)

I still can't navigate this forum properly , old moby gets me lost quite easily..
Where's your journal , I can't find it

DAY 13 OF FLOWER
1xMoby dick
2xMoby dick X CBD

Soil grow as organic as possible
In a 2x2x4
mineral water at ph6.1

pH down with apple cider vinegar
Temp 25c daytime
Temp at night unknown until my new Bluetooth hygrometer arrives

howdy doo all

Well, today is the first day these lovely ladies get their first taste of some shop bought nutrients. They got all this way just on left over vegetables water and liquidised and strained veg.
so, im using Madame grow Jamaican bloom
Screenshot_20210205-155608.jpeg

I am giving one of them, the weekest one, 2ml per litre of this dynamite in mineral water pH to 6.1
the other two are just getting pH corrected mineral water to 6.1
Screenshot_20210205-155827.jpeg

Im using the weakest one as a test subject and I will wait a few days to see how it responds before I feed the others .
Screenshot_20210205-161837.jpeg
this is the runt of the litter and I will see if the extra kick up the butt she's received makes her catch up to the others.

This stem I'm holding is going to be a clone tonight. @InTheShed pointed me in the right direction of taking a clone that's in early flower and how to reverse her and more importantly, keep her alive. I've killed 6 clones over 7 weeks.
so, lets see how she does. All advice would be muchos appreciated.
anyhoo.. I will upload a few more photos after my meal. The pizza has just arrived and I have the munchies.
thanks for reading.

squiggle

@Lime I would not mind at all. Thank you for joining. They are in real good shape considering they get fed left over dinners.. tomorrow will be their first feed of shop bought nutrients.
Thank you again for th compliments
Hey least they are healthy and happy that's the main thing. You are learning as you grow as most do.
Thing with leds is take a zero off of model unit and that's your actual watts drawn from wall. Will help to understand the light specs of your light.

Plants need intense light during flower. Most leds will veg great but when it comes to flower they need way more intense light to flower big juicy nugs. Lux/par is what you need to look into when deciding on a proper flower light. ;) more the better imo, especially for flower time!

Hey least they are healthy and happy that's the main thing. You are learning as you grow as most do.
Thing with leds is take a zero off of model unit and that's your actual watts drawn from wall. Will help to understand the light specs of your light.

Plants need intense light during flower. Most leds will veg great but when it comes to flower they need way more intense light to flower big juicy nugs. Lux/par is what you need to look into when deciding on a proper flower light. ;) more the better imo, especially for flower time!
I did not know that. So they add a zero on to the model number to make it sound more powerful than it is, the devious buggers.

I modified the light with some cheap 40 watt modular board type LEDs off the Amazonian site. they have a load of red in them.
You are correct , we learn as we grow. You can do as much research as possible, but until it is put I to practice , the info is meaningless I think
Oh! Going by the removing a zero scale. Does that mean my cheapo LEDs are only 4 watt :laugh: I will be looking for a new light for the 2x2 after this run. So any recommendations would greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading
Screenshot_20210205-155909.jpeg
IMG_20210204_173317.jpg
IMG_20210204_173309.jpg
IMG_20210204_173052.jpg

Well not exactly...lol just a better idea of model numbers. Your VS600w is probably around 90-100w actual.

I've grown with t5 and flowered with a 150 w hps. So I understand how to grow with the least or minimum, i got great results. Quality was there but now I'm pushing it to the max, went from t5 in the closet to a tent with all the fixins lol now I'm using a 600w hid. And loving the results. Going big! ;)
Link in signature if you wanna take a look at my current journey :) just started flowering woohooo!

Love what you did ...all the extra you can give em during flower will pay off in the end! :D

Thanks. It's a bit of a bodge job though. I was similar on my first grow . Loads of CFLs and t5s but I used them all way to the end. Quality was great but quantity was laughable. Can't wait to check out your progress. I will be over your side shortly

Exciting to follow along!

I have a diverse selection of lights in my portfolio.

Not even sure what kind some of my bulby lights are other than they are 150w
Thanks for joining in. At least you have a selection to choose from. You are lucky, even if you don't know what the heck they are :laugh:
Thanks again for stopping by. I will be uploading today's progress shortly.

Toodlooo :ciao:

DAY 14 OF FLOWER
And a clone taken :woohoo:

Howdy doo you wonderful lot. Day 14 and we have a lot going on .
Received the new Bluetooth hygrometer yesterday evening and installed it last night.
IMG_20210206_131746.jpg

It was the first time I could actually find out what was going on after lights out and what a shock I got. It comes with this app thing that gives you a graph and this was what it showed me
Screenshot_20210206-184224.jpeg
Screenshot_20210206-184339.jpeg

That was just off the wife putting the kettle on in the next room. God knows whats going to happen when baths and showers are going on.
I know it's only a short period of time but I ran into the room and wafted the door about and it brought it back down to a manageable level. Still not ideal, so I bought a small de-hu today to see if I can balance the humdiditty.
IMG_20210206_131739.jpg

Those wireless hygrometers are brilliant but they rule your life. Every five minutes, you are checking it and worrying. I even set my alarm for 4am , just so I could check to see how the ladies were coping in the middle of the night.

Also today I took a clone in flower. I followed the instructions I read in a link that "in the shed" pointed me too.
So I selected the smallest branch out of the bunch
Screenshot_20210206-182611.jpeg

And chopped her at an angle. I then cleaned all the crap off the stem and scraped the outer membrane up to 50mm (two inchy things for you imperial lot) from the bottom. I then stuck her in some water for 20 mins and I dipped her in the rooting powder, then gently stuck her in some young seedling and cutting compost
Screenshot_20210206-182551.jpeg
IMG_20210204_173644.jpg
i also snipped her leaves in half as suggested.
Now, this is where I messed up, because I didn't have anything to cover her with, saying she is pretty tall. So I cut two 5ltr (errm just over a gallon I think?) Water bottles up and joined them together. Then I stuck a tiny germination, young seedling led on the top of it.
Screenshot_20210206-181405.jpeg
Screenshot_20210206-182330.jpeg

Please excuse the "no" carpet in that last photo. I'm busy decorating.

So, that is it for today. Any suggestions or queries you have, I would love to hear them.
Just one thing I'm unsure of. Saying that there is a million and one things I'm unsure of but, What pH water should I give her
Thanks again to you all for taking the time out to read this

Toodlooo

:ciao:

Screenshot_20210206-182541.jpeg

You took that cut way late.. it’s going to have to reveg. It will be awesome! So did you know that little bud it’s going to grow like 10 branches outta it! I love monster cropped clones, a little bit of a time sucker but great results.
That's if it survives.:nervous-guy: My track record in taking clones is abysmal. Not one has made it. So all help would be greatly appreciated. Even the basics of how to keep her alive would be greatly appreciated. I did not know it was going branch out like that :)
I didn't have a clue about how to take a clone in flower. @InTheShed pointed me to a "how to" link and they did show me a picture of the monster cropped clone that was produced by the same method, it had something mad like 59 tops. absolutely a beautiful plant.
But without digging through a million pages on the in the shed thread from the start, I don't know how that marvel of plant engineering was accomplished. Actually, I'm going over there now to read how it was achieved. I will be back in a week .:reading420magazine:
Just out of curiosity, when is it too late to take a clone off a flowering plant?

Back
Top Bottom