Squintygrl w/first-timer questions about plant/stage- please check out pics!

squint2focus

Questions at bottom! Thanks in advance!:grinjoint:
100_3033.jpg

100_3036.jpg

mj11.jpg

These pictures are of the same plant, taken on the same day (11-13-08).
Planted around mid-July (about 4 months old?). Its growing in Miracle Gro Potting Mix in approx 2gal container. Central Florida weather (hot days, cool nights now and moderate humidity). Started adding Dynagro bloom/grow about 6 weeks ago (approx) 1-2x per week.

Here are my questions:
What stage is this? Best guesses on time til harvest? I was thinking mid-late December? How much bigger should it get? What kind of yield should I expect?

Any other comments/recommendations are greatly appreciated! I'm just stumbling my way through this! Glad to have found 420magazine.com :yummy:

You would be flowering now as the time from dusk til dawn is probably a little less than 12 hrs. 12 day hours 12 night hours is what most people use to flower their plants. Can you get any closer shots of the buds? A good way to tell when your plant is ready is to look at the trich development. I got a cheap pocket illuminated microscope for $12.00 at radio shack. This will allow you to see what color your trichs are (clear, cloudy, and amber) Most people I know wait until there's a 50/50 mix of cloudy and amber.

Def the Flower stage, see all the hairs. Don't know the time or yeild, sorry. How tall is she? Is this your first plant?

This has to be a sativa, right? If it is it can get up to 20 ft in the right conditions, but i certainly don't think so with this plant. Outdoor grown plants are often taller than indoor. I can't really tell how tall it is, but if you could give me the approximate height I can try.

This plant is definitely in the flowering stage, especially since it's an outdoor plant during this season. I can't tell you when it should be ready (all strains are different) but my best guess would be mid to late December.

And just an FYI in the future, there are many better soils than miracle grow. I started with MG and it almost killed the clone. I would suggest any organic fertilizer (I use fox farm) to grow any future plants in.

We are harvesting over here in California. When growing outdoors more than just the light cycle determines when plants go into flower. The angle and intensity of the sun and moon as well as temperatures all affect flowering times. Plants in Northern california start to flower about mid august around here. your in a lower state so times will happen later. Your definately in full flower but from the looks your not even close to harvest yet. Yield is impossible to determine for anyone. Too many variables to make a guess too.

Hey guys, thanks for all the input. I am stoked- just got back from Lowe's with the first buy of what is sure to be many. I'm starting a cabinet! Had some folks over doing electrical work and after 4 days of hauling my precious plants in and out I've decided that this shit is for the birds! An indoor, controlled-climate grower from henceforth I shall be.
But I digress, back to *this* grow! She is about 19-20" from soil to top. This really was a shits & giggles grow- bag seed with the only fertilizer I had on hand at the time. I've already got info of some local places that sell Fox Farms and that's what I'll use next.
Thx again!

Cant go wrong with FF products. What lights are you going to be using? Hope you have fun

Back
Top Bottom