Squirrels just completely ravaged my grow

Rawness

ive been growing my dinafem blue widow and dinafem critical + indoors for 25 days then put them out doors in my balcony to save some money on light bill they been doing great ever since i switched them out.My blue widow went into flowering cause of the 12/12 from seed

Threw out the outdoor process i believe it was a squirrel the "pest " that did this did it 2 times

First time never touched my weed plants they only digged into the soil and removed my pepper plant their was a mess every

second time "today" i open my balcony and see dirt every were my cirtical plant was chopped from below the first setts of leafs ,right now i have the plant in cup filled with water ,and have the plant under the water in my fridge i ordered some clonex so i can hopefully bring it back and grow some roots =/

blue widow plant pistols look rusty =/ its been out of the pot for about 7 hours or more i guess the squirrel pulled it out of the soil

as for my other two new sprouts that are about 2 weeks old the leafs were bit and slightly pulled out i just threw those out

purchased chicken wire and build a sweet box =]

just really mad now this is putting me far behind

guys will my critical plant grow if i use clonex gel, to help grow new roots?

cause the fucker split it from below the dirt

Maybe, get it out of the bright light...indirect CFL(or ambient room lighting if it's enough to keep a houseplant alive) would be fine but INDIRECT..if the plant isn't getting much light it won't need much energy..also take some clones asap, if you can't keep her, you can keep her genetics. Depending on the size of the plant you should be able to keep it alive in plain water if you PH it well and don't let it get too much light. If leaves start wilting badly to the point you don't think they can make it cut them off, but ONLY if you don't think they can make it. If the leaves can survive the plant can live off the energy stored in them until it makes new roots.

If the plant is overly large you may need to cut it into several pieces and put them in water on their own, depending on how much water they can take up..don't know that being in the fridge will help, but I suspect it's cold enough in there to add additional stress to the plant, I'd just go for cool and not too bright a location at this point.

One more thing, I've also used H2o2 in water to keep a cutting alive longer..it probably wouldn't hurt to add a tsp or two to your water but others may have a different opinion on using it in a rescue sitch...I am no expert here.

Good luck

IMAG01184.jpg

IMAG01175.jpg

IMAG01164.jpg

this is the critical plant or what left of it after the fucker chopped the other half

as for the blue widow it been doing fine side branch growth is show now but i did something really dumb

i was trying to bend the stem to lst and it split =[i put tape so hopefully it does not die

Your right... she got tore up pretty bad.
Looks like she needs some RandR for sure.
Is that soil new? I am asking cause it looks like she could use some nutes... real lite though, I would be giving is some Neptunes harvest or kelp or even some Vit B-1... something similar to help get those roots going and providing some vitamins to help her over the hump... that's what I would do though!

I see no reason why she would not grow for you though once she is healthy again.

Ugh! I really feel for you my friend. I had a similar experience last week, except it was raccoons and the crop was my sweet corn (yes, some of us actually have an outside garden to grow veggies, to go along with our indoor gardens!). They got about a third of my corn crop... little bast****!!!

It's probably not practical for a balcony, but I put up an electric wire around my corn. The smallest charger was rated for rabbits & dogs, so that's the one I got. They had bigger ones for cattle, hogs, & other farm animals, but that's a little overkill for coons. I have two wires protecting the corn. One wire is about 4" from the ground, and the second wire is about 5 inches above that. Either wire will deliver a mild shock when touched. That's the only thing I've found to keep them out!

Good luck with your vermin problems!

For a balcony try getting one of those shock pads that are supposed to keep the cat off the recliner...not only might it save your plants, if you setup a camera you can prolly get some pretty sweet holyshitthathurt squirrel videos hahahah.

Yeah, easy on the light and stuff a few days but looks like she's gonna be ok.

Dirty rat-bastard outdoor cats will do the same thing, tear up your plants... maybe they think it is catnip.

:goodluck:

WillyB

I'll tell ya what... your right about them cats, not only will they "play" when they are bored but... cat shit is the worst!

Dirty rat-bastard outdoor cats will do the same thing, tear up your plants... maybe they think it is catnip.

:goodluck:

WillyB

i got good news what i did worked =] mixing the clonex gel with water in a container and pouring it in all my plants

the blue widow is now showing side stem growth and the buds from frorce flowering seems to be coming out now =]

as for the critical plant their are now roots every were =]

and i guess, i now know how to clone =]

Re: squirrels just completely raped my grow

grey tree squirrels =/ their like ninjas but all i know if i see any squirrels in the tree near my plants i fire warning shots and make them not come anymore

that warning shot best hit the critter because they just are not smart enough to figure it out just get a good pimp up bb gun and kill the critters.

You know... squirrel soup and stew isn't bad. Neither is squirrel with gravy and buscuits. And I might still have a recipe for pork rind-crusted squirrel with molasses red-eye gravy <YUM>.

They won't bother another plant... after you eat them.

the problem is they only go for my weed plants i have peppers and they don't even touch it

i only have 1 plant now which is my blue widow the squirrels or squirrel have destroyed my plants like 10 times already i had to make clones each time they did it cause they would always cut the plant from the top of the dirt and just leave it their i dont get it

they just take a bite and leave it their

Re: squirrels just completely raped my grow

I'd never poison any animal. For one thing, it's probably fairly cruel. For another, it ruins the meat (whether the consumer will be you, your omnivore neighbor, or another wild animal).

that warning shot best hit the critter because they just are not smart enough to figure it out just get a good pimp up bb gun and kill the critters.

BB gun? How about a Gamo Whisper air rifle, lol? 1200fps with PBA, 1000fps with lead (.177 caliber) and 950fps with PBA, 750fps with lead (.22 caliber), it's powerful and accurate enough for small- and medium-sized game/varmits and quiet enough that you can drop one and the other one won't even notice while you reload and drop it. Just be sure that if you target shoot it in your backyard to use a proper backstop (it'll go right through a sheet of ½" plywood and continue, lol).

Warning shots are best saved for firing across the bow of an unfriendly ship, lol. In all other situations, one shot = one kill.

Back
Top Bottom